Suspension Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010 | 08:12 PM
3rd Gear

Suspension Clicking Noise

Hi,

I'm hearing a strange clicking noise from I think the suspension??? I just installed the A-Spec suspension on my 05 RL about 2 months ago along with the 18 inch A-Spec wheels. Just last week I heard a clicking noise from what I thought was the front end of my car so I jacked it up and noticed there was grease all on the inside of my rim which led me to believe the CV Halfshaft boot was torn and spitting out grease. To make a long story short I had the CV Halfshaft replaced at a local shop and figured that would fix my problem.... wrong. The noise was still there when driving home from the shop. I'm having a hard time determining what it is because it doesn't always happen. The side I replaced was the passegener side cv halfshaft and when turning the car to the left distributing the weight to the weight to that side it doesn't make any noise. When turning in the opposite direction to the right it make the noise and I'm not sure whehter or not now if it's coming from the front or the back.

Tonight when returning from work I close all of my windows to see if I could hear anything inside of the vehicle and it almost sounded like it was coming from the rear of the vehicle like the spring clicking or something???? I'm really confused at this point. I jacked the car up tonight and took a look at everything and it all looks tight. I don't think it's the balljoints since the wheel is stiff when off the ground trying to rock it from side to side or at 12 and 6 on the wheel. At this point I'm running out of options. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! I'm bringing my car in this weekend to get the transmission fluid changed so hopefully I can have somewhat of an idea what it is so they can check it out at Acura.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2010 | 12:16 AM
Pro

Not sure if this will help but try to see if the rear shocks are bolted on tightly onto the rear shelf. When I got my A-spec suspension installed, and I was driving back, I heard a rattling noise from the rear deck, not sure if it's the same sort of noise as your clicking noise. So I drove back to the shop, and the tech said it was that the shocks weren't torqued enough (not sure why they didn't catch that the first time).