Review of my Goodyear Eagle F1 AS

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007 | 09:28 AM
Cruisin'

Thumbs up Review of my Goodyear Eagle F1 AS

Hello,

I decided to write up a lil review of my tires since i had them put on the other day. First off the vibration i was feeling in the steering wheel came from the guy putting the screws into the wrong hole when i had my rotors replaced. A couple weeks ago i had that done and also the front brake pads. So that was taken care of. Now on to the tires...

I simply LOVE these tires. Of course you know i got the A-spec wheels (245/45/18) and decided to go with the F1 AS by Goodyear. I'm really glad i did. I'm sooo happy with the performance of this car. The overall ride is smooth and before i know it i'm at 70-75 mph and it doesn't even feel it. Just an overall smooth and comfortable ride. My Dad even commented on how smooth the ride was. I can definitely say the handling is improved also. Not sure if that comes with the tires or that comes from the bigger rim/tire size or a mixture of both, but i can tell the handling is a lil firmer which i like. Almost feels like the TL now. Again the performance of the tires are simply superb! It's like i can go 100 mph around turns and curves and not break a sweat. It feels like it's gripped to the road and it's not giving up anything. It rained all night and into this morning and again the tread patterns of the tires are simply amazing. No sliding of any kind and it's just as smooth if i was on dry pavement. I'm really happy i made the decision to go with these tires.

I already have an appointment with my local Acura dealer for this Friday to get my front and rear underbody spoiler installed. I'm not going to get the side spoilers. So i'm really looking forward to that. After that's done i think that'll be all i do. I MAY get the suspension done but it's not a major deal by no means since the handling now is so much firmer. Once i have the underbody spoilers installed, i'll then take some pics of everything so you all can see.

BTW... i've never done that before, so how would that be done?

Thanks,

DL
Old 12-26-2007 | 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Nice review. The plus-sizing of the wheels and having better rubber certainly helps handling, doesn't it? Let us know how things go as the tires wear (10k-20k miles) as that'll be helpful to other RL owners.

Adding the A-Spec suspension will provide even better handling. It's unfortunate that Acura, after designing this fabulous suspension, doesn't even bother to market it. I'm just giving you some food for thought if you're looking for more (Acura warrantied ) mods to do later on.

"Feels almost like the TL". Where have I heard that before? I would call my car a TL with more luxury features.

As far as adding pix: you have to have them hosted. THIS thread will help you to get started.
Old 12-26-2007 | 10:31 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the info! And yes it does make a huge difference and definitely helps.
Old 12-26-2007 | 11:25 PM
Safety Car

good to hear the report on these tires. They are my first choice when I decide what to do with the PAX tires