Yet another HFL thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another HFL thread...

Had this RL for 10 years. Bought it new in '06. HFL went out a few months ago but not completely. I receive calls without issue. Only problem is I push the "pickup" button on the steering wheel, music goes silent (as it should) I say "Hello?", whoever called can hear me but I can't hear them. Every once in a while the person on the other end of the call's voice does come through so I can hear them. But that is rare.
I bought a used unit from ebay and it performs the exact same way as the original unit. They hear me but I can't hear them.
I did find a work-around. After I answer the call through the steering wheel, I push the "pickup" button again and say mute. BT guy confirms mute. I then go through that process once again. Push "pickup" button, say mute, guy confirms mute. Then I can miraculously hear the person that called me.
It sounds to me like some other audio switching unit is failing and not the HFL. Is there some other module that works with the HFL that mutes the radio and allows the phone audio to come through and where do I find it?
Thanks
Bob
Old 02-04-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
it could be the amp.
it could be the center speaker.
it could be lots of things!!