XM subscriptions transferred

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 04:17 PM
AcurAdmirer

Talking XM subscriptions transferred

I only recently renewed the XM subscriptions on my RL and MDX (both of which I traded a week ago for a Lexus).

So I called XM and cancelled the two Acura subscrips and told them I wanted BOTH to be stacked on top of the 3-month trial period that came with the Lexus. They did it with a minimum amount of fuss.

The good part is that I got those 2 Acura subscrips for $77 (+ the traffic charge), so I now have almost 2 years of XM+traffic on the Lexus at a cut-rate price.

Old 01-08-2008 | 05:36 PM
Safety Car

Good job Mike. I am surprised the help on the XM end understood what you wanted. I have hadd nothing but bad CS with XM - from messing up my registration time period to unsubscribing my radio to only getting 3 mos free service when ishould get 1 yr.
Old 01-10-2008 | 11:41 AM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by miner
Good job Mike. I am surprised the help on the XM end understood what you wanted. I have hadd nothing but bad CS with XM - from messing up my registration time period to unsubscribing my radio to only getting 3 mos free service when ishould get 1 yr.
Well, I actually talked to a guy who sounded like he was from Ohio or something, so he absolutely understood what I wanted to do.

Now, the real test will come when my 3-month trial period is up and I turn on the satellite radio.

Old 01-24-2008 | 01:25 PM
Advanced

I wouldn't celebrate too quickly, Mike. When I purchased my '05 RL, I traded in an '04 Honda Accord with XM. At the time, I had just renewed the service for one year, and had nine months remaining on the account.

When I called Customer Service, the woman said she would be "Happy to cancel the plan and transfer the remaining nine months onto the new RL account". I hung up happy.

Unforunately, after the RL's one year trial period expired, I discovered one day that my service had canceled. I called Customer Service and politely informed them that I had additional nine months of service coming to me, which I had bought and paid for under the old Accord account.

Long story short.....XM had absolutely no record of the old account and the transfer that allegedly occurred from the Accord to the RL. After countless telephone calls to managers and higher-ups, all I could muster out of them was an additional three month "trial" period. I still get burned up just thinking about how they screwed me.

Moral to you....make sure you have received WRITTEN VERIFICATION of your conversation and written proof that the two old accounts were canceled early and that the new service is in place for the extended period.

Good luck.