XM radio menu

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
XM radio menu

Yeah, I know...another question! Dang XM radio, this afternoon i wanted to pull it out of the dash and toss it on the freeway I was so frustrated. The other day I activated the XM code and now I have all the radio I can stand. Before I left for Sacramento I pre-programmed the radio stations into the menu that I wanted to listen to. I am driving down the freeway and turned on the XM. What do I find? All the stations are gone and a list of XM previews is showing on both the XM1 and XM2 lists. Where did my pre-programmed stations go?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
It sounds like your fob is not linked. The RL stores personal settings (i.e. stereo presets, climate control settings, driver seat settings, NAVI address book, etc) according to which fob has activated the RL (Driver 1 or Driver 2).

A couple of checks to see if your fob is linked: does the MEM 1 or MEM 2 buttons on the Driver's door illuminate? When you start the car, does it say WELCOME DRIVER 1 or WELCOME DRIVER 2 in the MID? If it only says WELCOME, then the fob is not linked.

Try re-linking the fob (the instruction are on the fob itself), then the personal settings should appear.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Pro

Ahhh...thank you! I know about that personal menu under the steering column buttons that you access to set that up. I will have to go back in this evening and see what happened. Both my wife and I carry our fobs with us and I can't understand how it discriminates from either of us being in the car at the same time. That might be part of it?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by alfadoctor
Ahhh...thank you! I know about that personal menu under the steering column buttons that you access to set that up. I will have to go back in this evening and see what happened. Both my wife and I carry our fobs with us and I can't understand how it discriminates from either of us being in the car at the same time. That might be part of it?
If car is locked, first FOB within detection distance "wins". Thus, even if FOB1 physically unlocks car by touching handle, FOB2 settings could be in car, if FOB2 approached car first. I believe logic may have been updated at some point to have preference on driver's side detection versus passenger side.
If car is not locked, it will retain FOB settings from previous driver.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Pro

Thanks for this information as it logically makes sense now to what happened. When I programmed the radio I grabbed the wifes FOB and there for when I drove with my fob, the settings were gone. Now I have both fobs programmed in to the radio with similar settings so it won't matter. I also programmed last night the two HF settings for the phones. That is a plus for both of us as we are on the phone while we drive. The more we drive the more I love this car.