Using a BlueTooth headset

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using a BlueTooth headset

Is is possible to use a BlueTooth headset once the phone has been linked to the audio system of the RL? On occasion I'd live to get off the car's speakerphone and still want to be handsfree.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
No. Bluetooth phones can only handle one bluetooth device at a time. However, what you could do is leave your BT headset on and, when you want to use it, drop the link to the Handsfree Link which should cause your headset to connect, allowing you to stay handsfree.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Dr. E in TN

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
No. Bluetooth phones can only handle one bluetooth device at a time. However, what you could do is leave your BT headset on and, when you want to use it, drop the link to the Handsfree Link which should cause your headset to connect, allowing you to stay handsfree.
Would you happen to know if two bluetooth compatable (sp?) phones can link with the handsfree link at the same time? I will be getting a second bluetooth phone for personal calls and already have an "on-call" phone for business calls and would like both of them to be linked at the same time. Is this possible?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:45 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr. E in TN
Would you happen to know if two bluetooth compatable (sp?) phones can link with the handsfree link at the same time? I will be getting a second bluetooth phone for personal calls and already have an "on-call" phone for business calls and would like both of them to be linked at the same time. Is this possible?
The AcuraLink system can pair with up to, I think, 6 different phones -- but only one can be active at once. So, if you have 2 paired phones both powered on in the car, only one of them is going to work with the handsfree. You'd have to shut one off and turn the other one on (or connect to the handsfree through the phone) before you could use the AcuraLink to send and recieve through the other phone.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Dr. E in TN

Originally Posted by jftjr
The AcuraLink system can pair with up to, I think, 6 different phones -- but only one can be active at once. So, if you have 2 paired phones both powered on in the car, only one of them is going to work with the handsfree. You'd have to shut one off and turn the other one on (or connect to the handsfree through the phone) before you could use the AcuraLink to send and recieve through the other phone.
Thanks for the info.