Upgrading sound system

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007 | 01:27 PM
Advanced

Upgrading sound system

I have a 2005 RL and have been wanting to put my old subs from my previous car in it to give it a little more base. I've been reading and asking around the past month and have yet to come to a straight answer on the way to correctly add an amp to power an aftermarket sub while keeping the rest of the factory system in(besides disconnecting the fac. sub). I ran into one installer that said he wouldn't touch it b/c he had herd about the ANC with the fac. unit and said it creates feedback in the sub and didn't know how to disable it. I've also read on the TL forum that you can simply unplug the two mics and/or a connector behind the headunit to fix the problem, while also hearing that doing that did not help with the problem. And lastly there is one installer that said it shouldn't create any feedback in the sub if thats all your adding and it only becomes a problem when you change out all your other speakers, but said there wasn't anything special he'd do in the install to assure this, but just that he felt it wouldn't be a problem.

I know there has to be some RL owner on here that has either installed his own sub and amp or had it done somewhere successfully and can chime in on my issue. Any pics of the install or detailed explaination of it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:23 AM
Senior Moderator

tap into the wires that lead to the factory sub. Plug these wires either into a high input sub or into a LOC. If LOC then plug to amp. Then hook up you sub to the amp. If you want to have an easy way to fix the ANC problem, have a remote turn on top turn on and off the sub at will. Another way to disable the anc is to unplug the mics, no signal from the mics, no output, simple.