Treo 700p/Verizon Bluetooth Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 02:34 AM
KHC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treo 700p/Verizon Bluetooth Problems

I finally got a Bluetooth enabled phone, that being the Treo 700p. I paired it via HFL and it seem to go well. It seemed to work (at least on outbound calls, as I have not tested with inbound calls yet). When I tried calling out the next day, the HFL did not recognize my phone. I used my Treo to search for "nearby devices" and it could not find the HFL. I searched for "all known devices" and it listed HFL. It then proceded to ask for my 4 digit password. I punch in the password. The Treo then stated that it cannot add to my trusted devices. As of now, the HFL does not recognize my phone, even though the pairing seemed to have worked.

If I can successfully pair, and can successfully add to my "trusted devices", do I have to punch in the password everytime I enter my car or should it automatically be recognized by HFL as long as I have the Bluetooth turned on on my Treo.

...Anyone out there with a Treo 700p/Verizon with any tips on how to get this working properly. I am totally new to this feature on my RL and with Bluetooth for that matter.

thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 07:50 AM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally Posted by KHC
If I can successfully pair, and can successfully add to my "trusted devices", do I have to punch in the password everytime I enter my car or should it automatically be recognized by HFL as long as I have the Bluetooth turned on on my Treo.

...Anyone out there with a Treo 700p/Verizon with any tips on how to get this working properly. I am totally new to this feature on my RL and with Bluetooth for that matter.

thanks
You should not have to enter your password after the initial setup. However, sometimes -- maybe 10% of the time or less, the Treo won't be seen by the HFL in the RL. In that case, I turn Bluetooth off and then back on again. Most of the time, HFL then see's the Treo and all's well.

Other than that, my Treo 700P/Verizon works well with my RL. It doesn't work as well as my previous phone (Moto V710) in some ways (No battery strength, thinks it's roaming ALL the time when it's not) and much better in others (much better sound through the bluetooth connection). Caller ID works with both phones.

My recommendation is to delete the phone pairing from your RL HFL and then re-pair it. You shouldn't normally have to do that again. On the days that the HFL and Treo don't see each other, just turn the Treo's Bluetooth off and then back on again. Normally, that works.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 421 Likes on 315 Posts
I have similar problem with 700w. Rather than turn Bluetooth off/on, I just soft reset the device. Have to reset about once a day - that is HFL works in morning on way to work, usually also works when I head out to lunch, but by the time I head home, does not find phone. I've gotten to the point that I reset device as I'm walking to the car at night and then it always works. Don't want to have to do that, but that's the way it is.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Advanced

My wife has a Treo 650 and once i paired it with HFL, she never has to enter a password. I believe there's a setting that needs to be checked off to have the phone "remember" this pairing, so the password does not need to entered all the time.

I'll try to pair her phone again and advise.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:10 PM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally Posted by CumbaJ
My wife has a Treo 650 and once i paired it with HFL, she never has to enter a password. I believe there's a setting that needs to be checked off to have the phone "remember" this pairing, so the password does not need to entered all the time.

I'll try to pair her phone again and advise.
If it's like that on teh 650, that'd make it different from the 700p. Once you enter the password when pairing the phone with HFL, you shouldn't have to enter it again because there is no chack-off setting on the Treo.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:12 AM
KHC
Intermediate

Thanks guys. I tried the soft reset and re-pairing (after deleting the last pair) and that has worked thusfar...not without kinks I might add. I had to turn the bluetooth on and off a few times to get it to work. One more thing, the Treo will not allow me to add HFL to my "trusted devices". I will try this again tomorrow to see if it recognizes my Treo. I have a sneaky feeling that this wil not be sure fire everytime I try and use it...and to have to perform a soft reset in order to link is less than desirable (esp when one has to remove the battery cover to do so)...sigh.