RL not recognizing me as Driver 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Dr. E in TN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RL not recognizing me as Driver 1

I am having a small electronics problem. Recently my RL won't recognize me as driver 1 and won't therefore remember my navigation color settings, etc. My XM channel presets remain fine. When I try to link my key fob with one light blink, the system still won't recognize me and says that I am not recognized and won't allow me into the system and program it. Does anybody have any idea what I have done to screw up my system and how to fix it so that when I approach my car it recognizes me as driver 1?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr. E in TN
I am having a small electronics problem. Recently my RL won't recognize me as driver 1 and won't therefore remember my navigation color settings, etc. My XM channel presets remain fine. When I try to link my key fob with one light blink, the system still won't recognize me and says that I am not recognized and won't allow me into the system and program it. Does anybody have any idea what I have done to screw up my system and how to fix it so that when I approach my car it recognizes me as driver 1?
Did you try unlocking the car with the Driver #1 remote before getting into the car? I fooled around with my remote #2 over the Thanksgiving holiday to see if the passenger door handle would lock using remote #2 (it didn't), and discovered that taking #2 back into the house and returning with #1 wouldn't work unless #1 first unlocked the car...that info is in the manual.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:44 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, i did this too during my first weekend with the car.

Lock the car, and leave Remote #1 in the house. Get it far away from the car.

Unlock the car and open the driver door with Remote #2. Scroll through the setup menu on the information screen and you'll find an option to link settings to remotes. Make sure it's on.

Then lock the car with remote 2, take it far away, and come back with remote 1. If it still doesn't work, then lock the car, take the remote far away (well out of range) then bring it back, unlock the car with it, get in, start it up, and do the "push two buttons to link" thing.

That did the trick for me.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Dr. E in TN

Originally Posted by jftjr
Yeah, i did this too during my first weekend with the car.

Lock the car, and leave Remote #1 in the house. Get it far away from the car.

Unlock the car and open the driver door with Remote #2. Scroll through the setup menu on the information screen and you'll find an option to link settings to remotes. Make sure it's on.

Then lock the car with remote 2, take it far away, and come back with remote 1. If it still doesn't work, then lock the car, take the remote far away (well out of range) then bring it back, unlock the car with it, get in, start it up, and do the "push two buttons to link" thing.

That did the trick for me.
By reading this forum (another thread), I found out that the remote pairing and unpairing are exactly opposite as in some of the manuals that came with car. Holding the lock and unlock buttons and seeing one flashing beep unpairs the remote. Seeing two beeps pairs the remote. This makes a huge difference.