NAV 4.73A WILL WORK on 2005 RL

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
NAV 4.73A WILL WORK on 2005 RL

I was really tired of seeing the "4.73 Will Not Work on 05 RL" post appear on the forum so I decided it was time to start a new thread

For those considering the 4.73A upgrade on the NAV, do it. It is worth the $150 (or whatever it is they are charging now). Here are some things I noticed:

a) Boot up time is a few seconds faster -- might not seem like much but when you are waiting to press the button to acknowledge the disclaimer it is nice.

b) Graphics are slightly improved on the maps.

c) I noticed voice commands are much more responsive. Sometimes on my 4.13B disc the voice commands would not work (no response at all). I especially noticed this when the car sat overnight. Now they work perfectly, and seem to be more accurate in recognition.

d) It's nice having the "Display Traffic Incidents" button on the pop up menu on the map screen. NavTraffic seems to work more smoothly now, updating data more often.

e) It's nice having my parents street on the new DVD

The upgrade was very simple. As others have mentioned, if you are using an original (4.13B) DVD that came with your car you need to use the 'upgrade' DVD (supplied with the package) before installing the 4.73A disc. The upgrade was all of 5 minutes and then it was all set!

I realize there are ways to copy the disc. Honestly, I wouldn't want to risk it if I was out of warranty....just buy it.

So for those considering the upgrade, do it

Chris
Old 03-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Can i ask if when you display restaurants if there are any "specific" logos like a Carl's Jr., Mc Donalds, or flags for the type of food your eating? Similar to the Nav of a Lexus? Or is it still just the knife/fork icon like on older Acura Nav?

I know this might be a lame question for most but i like this feature, as well as the obvious showing my street for my home update.

Thank you in advance for your help !
Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
There are specific logos for gas stations, some banks and some restaurants. Chevron, Shell and BP come to mind for some logos I've noted.

For McDonalds, they just use the international symbol for toxic.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DXplicitOne
Can i ask if when you display restaurants if there are any "specific" logos like a Carl's Jr., Mc Donalds, or flags for the type of food your eating? Similar to the Nav of a Lexus? Or is it still just the knife/fork icon like on older Acura Nav?

I know this might be a lame question for most but i like this feature, as well as the obvious showing my street for my home update.

Thank you in advance for your help !
I'll check and let you know.

Chris
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Racer

There are no icons for restaurants, just the fork and knife. Gas stations have logos though.

Chris
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Hmm oh well i liked that in the Lexus Nav i recently sat with. Can we talk a little more about this NavTraffic thing.. is this what shows the current traffic scenario that is happening real time? Sorry for all the questions as i read more and more on this site everyday and honestly i havent really touched my Nac since i bought my car as i dont have a manual... need to order from Ebay. My clock is even an hour ahead because i cant get it to stay set on the time i put in... how annoying.

Also does anybody have the NavTraffic and have an Aux audio input for an Iphone and or external source like DVD player? I ordered my Navtool module for video but are looking for the audio solution and i have read that with a PIE unit i will be unplugging the XM unit and losing my Navtraffic if i choose to upgrade is this true?

Thanks again for the help people, as this is what these boards are for!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Get em here.
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...01_OMANUAL.asp
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by DXplicitOne
Hmm oh well i liked that in the Lexus Nav i recently sat with. Can we talk a little more about this NavTraffic thing.. is this what shows the current traffic scenario that is happening real time? Sorry for all the questions as i read more and more on this site everyday and honestly i havent really touched my Nac since i bought my car as i dont have a manual... need to order from Ebay. My clock is even an hour ahead because i cant get it to stay set on the time i put in... how annoying.

Also does anybody have the NavTraffic and have an Aux audio input for an Iphone and or external source like DVD player? I ordered my Navtool module for video but are looking for the audio solution and i have read that with a PIE unit i will be unplugging the XM unit and losing my Navtraffic if i choose to upgrade is this true?

Thanks again for the help people, as this is what these boards are for!
NavTraffic is supposed to be real time, but depending on where you are located there can be significant time delays. The traffic flow refreshes thru XM. Appears to me to do so every 5 minutes. Upstream from XM, the trafflic flow is aggregated by NavTech from various sources such as data provided from State Agencies as well as flow meters directly installed by NavTech. This is the major source of delay. I've seen anything from near real time to 45 minute delay. And, in some places, its just wrong all the time.
Regardign your clock, it should be getting the time from Satellite. Check your settings.