mp3 player bug?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:19 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I have already tried that. I have tried disks with wma files only that have been downloaded from an online source, such as Walmart, and I have also tried a disk with wma files that were produced by scanning a CD into the computer. In each case, the disk gets spit out of the player right away.

I would welcome any additional ideas.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:45 PM
kgd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you download the songs from Walmart or other retailers, I believe they are protected and will only play on players that have the licence information on them. Somehow I believe Windows Media Player manages your ability to copy and play these files. If you rip songs from your own CD's to WMA I don't believe you will have the same problem. I believe I had a couple of WMA files on the MP3 disks that I have played. My only problem was with off-brand disks using a high recording speed. I have been using Memorex disks lately with no problems at all. I do have all of the songs in folders for each artist, so I can't comment on problems some have had displaying both folders and songs on the screen.

I was very surprised that none of the DVD Audio disks I have purchased include any sort of CD Text on the disk. You would think that since these are the highest quality recordings they would include it. It can't take very much space on the disk to include this information.