Old 12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up IPod, SIRUS, Cam, Rear-seat entertainment

Maybe this will work on 05 RL, I have found this serching the net:

Alpine's VPA-B211A new Factory Display Interface Adapter, it sells for $300

Key Features
•Alpine Graphical Interface Display
•QuickSearch (iPod, Satellite Radio, MP3 files)
•2 Auxiliary Inputs
•Dedicated Rear View Camera
•Dedicateed Navigation Input
•Auxiliary Output

General

2 Auxiliary Inputs
Ai-NET Input
Aux Output
Dedicated Navigation Input
Dedicated Rear View Camera Input
Navigation Voice Mix Control
Ready for iPod (Compatible with KCA-420i)
Video Switcher / Expansion Module Input

Now you can get iPod, Satellite Radio, Navigation or even 5.1 multi-channel DVD music from your factory installed video monitor. If you love the look of your factory video in-dash, but wish it had more functionality and better sound then VehicleHub is for you.
"Alpine’s new VPA-B211A V-Hub Interface Adapter connects to the in-dash OEM video display. The VPA-B211A makes it possible for Ai-NET entertainment components to be added to the vehicle. With an additional third-party manufactured, vehicle-specific A/V adapter, the V-Hub makes it possible to use the Alpine graphical interface on factory radio displays and control Ai-NET systems with a remote control.

The VPA-B211A has an Ai-NET input, a dedicated navigation input and two auxiliary inputs. This opens up many doors for the addition of audio/video products, such as the KCA-420i Interface Adapter for iPod, which lets users search their iPod by playlist, artist, album or song name from the dash. The V-Hub also gives users the choice of adding either Sirius Satellite Radio or XM Satellite Radio service. Also, the V-Hub enables the addition of Alpine’s new NVE-N872A navigation system.

When it comes to rear-seat entertainment, the V-Hub makes it possible to have a complete touch-screen system. By installing the TME-M770 monitor in the rear seat, this 6.5-inch wide touch-screen display can control all the functions of the monitor through its touch panel. This lets the rear-seat passengers control their audio/video sources completely from the back seat. Additionally, with the VPE-S431 video switcher/expansion module, rear-seat passengers can enjoy two different entertainment sources on two different monitors. The VPA-B211A can also help in the set up of a multichannel sound system. By adding the PXA-H701 digital processor and RUX-C701 in-dash controller for the PXA-H701, a center channel speaker and subwoofer to the four front/rear speakers, a factory set up can be turned into a multichannel system."
Old 12-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had read about this on the TL forum a while ago. Looks very promising, I wonder who will be the first member to try it out?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the link to pdf with install instructions for various devises. Back up Cam, etc

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...a-b211a_om.pdf
Old 10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Does anyone know if this works or not? I've looked and it looks really interesting.