HFL, Treo 700p and a marriage councelor

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking HFL, Treo 700p and a marriage councelor

It sounds like HFL and my Treo 700p need more counceling.

I've sat them both down and told them "LOOK", you two have to learn to get along and talk. Nothing gets accomplished if you ignore each other. I told HFL to look Treo in the sensor and be honest when a call comes in. Treo?, be understanding and keep open the lines of communication. This is how things will heal between you both. Otherwise someones gonna get thrown out the window while doing 80mph down the highway.

As you can tell I've had some troubles with my Treo 700p.

For the first 3 months everything was fine but now, the HFL recognizes an incoming call, answers the call but does not work after that. I have to talk with the Treo in hand without it coming over the speaker system. After the call is completed I get the typical 2 tone sound coming over the speakers letting me know that the call has ended

I've contacted Verizon they blame the HFL and My Acura salesman blames the phone I think I need to get in touch with the Acura service dept.

Has anybody had this problem?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe they need to get divored and then remarried, or at least a trial separation

Completely remove the RL's HFL profile from the Treo, and delete the phone from the RL. To be safe, turn off the car and exit it before continuing. Then go thru the pairing process again.

Some other things to try: Once a conversation is in process using the handheld, press the steering wheel button and say "transfer". Will this transfer that call to the Treo? Try pairing the Treo with another vehicle at your dealer and see if that works. This might help determine if the problem is the phone or your car.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 PM
5Zigen Acura RL

I have the Treo 700w and haven't had any problems with it yet. Makes sense to remove it from the Acura and re-install it. Hope you get it fixed!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Intermediate

I've tried deleting it from the RL as you prescribed but to no avail. After pairing again, it first doesn't recognize a phone is present then after a few attempts I can send using the HFL.

Grrrrrrr
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Advanced

If you have another vehicle with Bluetooth, try pairing your Treo 700 with that vehicle and see what kind of results you get......if it the same as the RL, then somethings wrong with the bluetooth aspect of your phone. If you have no issues with the Treo, Acura needs to fix the HFL in your RL.

Got the same run-around (Acura -> HFL -> VZW) with an issue i had with my Blackberry.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:10 PM
5th Gear

Similar issues with Treo 650

I have very similar issues with my Treo 650, especially when the phone is tryign to sync with the office network (via wirelesssync). The car will either not recognize the phone is there, or worse yet will start to dial out then fail. After it fails, the phone itslef stays locked up, sometimes for several minutes and sometimes until I had to do a soft reset. When it does come back up I have to "List Phones" for the two to pair up again.

So far I have been blaming the phone entirely (I have 10 Treo's in my company, everyone of them has been a nightmare to administer). I am currently trying to find a good blue tooth phone that supports data/email, so far I'm leaning towards a blackberry but I am hoping Verizon Wireless comes out with something similar to the Cingluar 3125.

I would be interested to hear if you find the problem to ultimately reside in the HFL, but my gut tells me it's your phone.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

I've got a new thought on whats happinin with my system and would like all of your opinions again.

I can call out just fine thru HFL, no problems there.

It's when I receive a call that the HFL answers it and immedietly "transfers" the call back to my Treo.

You guys think that's possibly that the HFL is messed up by doing an immediate transfer?

Joe
Old 01-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SJ06RL
I have very similar issues with my Treo 650, especially when the phone is tryign to sync with the office network (via wirelesssync). The car will either not recognize the phone is there, or worse yet will start to dial out then fail. After it fails, the phone itslef stays locked up, sometimes for several minutes and sometimes until I had to do a soft reset. When it does come back up I have to "List Phones" for the two to pair up again.

So far I have been blaming the phone entirely (I have 10 Treo's in my company, everyone of them has been a nightmare to administer). I am currently trying to find a good blue tooth phone that supports data/email, so far I'm leaning towards a blackberry but I am hoping Verizon Wireless comes out with something similar to the Cingluar 3125.

I would be interested to hear if you find the problem to ultimately reside in the HFL, but my gut tells me it's your phone.
I use an unlocked GSM Treo 650 with my RL and have no issues at all. The treo pairs with the RL everytime... No issues with email sync to both POP3 and Exchange while in the car...

In my 04 TL I initially had issues with the treo 650. The latest version of the SW from PALM and Acura replacing the HFL Module helped resolve issues with the pairing on the TL....

SJ06RL, have you tried to pair other BT Phones with your RL and see if they work OK? That was you could rule out issues with the HFL Module.
You could also try to reflash your Treo with the latest version of the SW and see if that corrects the problem. Treocentral is a good place to look for help...

Old 01-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

HFL, Treo 700p Problem Solved

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked with the folks that handle the HFL in the Acura and found that maybe by my own fault I had activated the "Auto Answer"

Following is how my situations was corrected.

In my Treo phone;

Entered into the Home Page, then Preferances, then Handsfree, then in the Auto Answer I selected "Disable"

The people at Acura HFL took me thru the steps and were very pleasant to work with

there number is 1-888-528-7876

Hope this helps others

Joe
Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by RL RT Joe
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked with the folks that handle the HFL in the Acura and found that maybe by my own fault I had activated the "Auto Answer"

Following is how my situations was corrected.

In my Treo phone;

Entered into the Home Page, then Preferances, then Handsfree, then in the Auto Answer I selected "Disable"

The people at Acura HFL took me thru the steps and were very pleasant to work with

there number is 1-888-528-7876

Hope this helps others

Joe
Now that I think about it I had the same problem with my RAZR when I first got the RL. I had Auto Answer enabled, and when the call came in to the car it would pick up then disconnect. Glad you got it figured out!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I'm sorry I missed this thread, Joe. I have a 700p and it works almost flawlessly with the RL, except that the Treo's BT connection sometimes drops out. This is a phone problem as this happens as well with my laptop.