Help! ...Razr Cingular pair with HF

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help! ...Razr Cingular pair with HF

Help! I'm having a helluva time pairing my Cingular Razr (the black one from Best Buys...$39...cheap!) with the hands free bluetooth in my car.

Has anybody done this successfully? Would anybody want to step me through the process? Damn, I thought I was pretty good at this stuff, but I can't seem to make this work. I've followed the directions in the manual, but so far...nothin'...can I be losing my touch?!? ha.

Thanks!
Mark
Old 01-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feeenux
Help! I'm having a helluva time pairing my Cingular Razr (the black one from Best Buys...$39...cheap!) with the hands free bluetooth in my car.

Has anybody done this successfully? Would anybody want to step me through the process? Damn, I thought I was pretty good at this stuff, but I can't seem to make this work. I've followed the directions in the manual, but so far...nothin'...can I be losing my touch?!? ha.

Thanks!
Mark
If you are still having trouble, you might repost what you are having trouble with...this is a very helpful site, and someone's bound to be able to help out. It's been awhile since I paired my Razr, so I'd have to get out the manual myself.

CAVEAT to anyone else reading this post who may have connected to the Acura Server with settings other than the defaults: After taking my RL in for a couple of scheduled oil changes and having some TSB's done, my settings to connect to Acuralink were gone and the car had been reset to the defaults...I had to reprogram the RL to connect with the Acura Server.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks!
Mark
Turn car to ON position.
Hit button and say "Phone Setup"
Hit button and say "Pair"
Listen to prompt while activating bluetooth on phone
Hit button and speak 4-digit confirmation code
Select "Handsfree" from bluetooth menu on phone
Select "Look for Devices" on the phone
Wait for search to finish
Enter the 4-digit confirmation code from earlier
Phone should now be paired

Any questions? Just ask.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Dr. E in TN

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Turn car to ON position.
Hit button and say "Phone Setup"
Hit button and say "Pair"
Listen to prompt while activating bluetooth on phone
Hit button and speak 4-digit confirmation code
Select "Handsfree" from bluetooth menu on phone
Select "Look for Devices" on the phone
Wait for search to finish
Enter the 4-digit confirmation code from earlier
Phone should now be paired

Any questions? Just ask.
As an addition make sure you keep it simple with your 4-digit confirmation code. I believe it's 0000 or 0001. This should work right away. Prior to doing this make sure you go into the bluetooth settings of your phone and turn bluetooth on.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:00 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks...

Thanks to both of you...I'll give it a go in a minute. This forum is the best.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Racer

Thanks!
Mark
Make sure the Razr is configured to search for a bluetooth connection...that setting can be disabled. There's an "auto Handsfree" setting in "car settings", which is "on" for my phone. Also, under "settings", there is a menu for "Bluetooth link" and everything in there should be configured to search for connection...in case the phone isn't searching for a connection, there is a menu for "find me".