Hands Free Link

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:40 AM
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts
Hands Free Link

I'll be picking up the new RL next week and have begun thinking about a new Bluetooth cell phone that will work with the RL's Hands Free Link. I never realized that not all Bluetooth phones have "hands free link" capabilities until I began my research. So, my search at my local Cingular retailer came upon their slick new Razr v3. Yes, it's bluetooth enabled, but the sales clerk couldn't tell me if it was hands free linking capable. Anyone know? If it isn't, I may have to settle for my second choice, the motorola v551, where Acura's Hands Free Link website says it will work. Unfortunately, there's no mention on the site of Motorola's newest Razr v3. Any information would be appreciated.

TIA
Old 08-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
JS,

First of all, congrats on your RL and welcome to Acurazine.

This forum is great and since picking up my RL a month
ago I found the people and the information here AWESOME!

This will be a new home for you.

I have the Motorola V710 through Verizon. It was their premiere
model last year and it works GREAT with the RL. Would not recommend
the phone itself as Verizon somewhat crippled it so it doesn't do
all it is supposed to.

The RAZR looks like a great phone, and I would imagine that if
it's bluetooth it will work -- especially since it's Motorola and the
same technology used in the V710.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The V3 is on the compat list and has been for a while. Like many (all?) of the Moto's it won't display signal strength or battery if that's important to you.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are several people in this forum that have the Motorola v3 Razor working with HFL.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Cruisin'

I have the black Razr and it works fine. Signal strength is displayed however I don't remember if battery life is displayed.

It was very easy to hookup.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JSakaBuck
I'll be picking up the new RL next week and have begun thinking about a new Bluetooth cell phone that will work with the RL's Hands Free Link. I never realized that not all Bluetooth phones have "hands free link" capabilities until I began my research. So, my search at my local Cingular retailer came upon their slick new Razr v3. Yes, it's bluetooth enabled, but the sales clerk couldn't tell me if it was hands free linking capable. Anyone know? If it isn't, I may have to settle for my second choice, the motorola v551, where Acura's Hands Free Link website says it will work. Unfortunately, there's no mention on the site of Motorola's newest Razr v3. Any information would be appreciated.

TIA
When making and receiving calls, my Razr works fine with bluetooth and handsfreelink. It displays signal strength when the "talk" button is pushed, and this is how I check signal strength before making a call. Battery strength is not displayed.

However, to access the Acura datalink feature using Cingular, the data strings in the car need to match the ones in the phone. The default car strings in my RL include the initials "isp" but the strings in my phone purchased in early July had the initials "wap". There have been several postings here that the wap strings worked ok, so I changed my car settings. As far as I'm able to determine, there is no way to test the setup after changing the car strings other than to disable something causing a warning light to come on, and this is not something I'm going to do...yet. Your mileage may vary with a particular vehicle and phone more recently purchased. Just be aware that even though the Razr is listed as data compatible with the Acura, the two may not coordinate out of the box.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
www.handsfreelink.com or the list of phones are here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89299
Old 08-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts
Thank you, one and all. I get the Razr v3 tomorrow, and the new Opulant Blue Pearl, with taupe, next week.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
7th Gear

just picked up a razr

I've had my rl since last fall. just picked up a motorola razr today. and yes it will work as a HFL. Meteor Silver Metallic w/toupe. For the $$$, nothing matches the RL
Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM
3rd Gear

Cingular/ATT RAZR V3xx cannot call out using HFL

I understand (unfortunately i bought my phone before buying my TSX) that this phone fails the call feature of HFL. Has anyone been able to find a fix that will remedy this situation? CSRs at HFL, Motorola or Cingular can't help
Old 08-22-2007, 05:33 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by baktsx
I understand (unfortunately i bought my phone before buying my TSX) that this phone fails the call feature of HFL. Has anyone been able to find a fix that will remedy this situation? CSRs at HFL, Motorola or Cingular can't help
I just upgraded to the Blackberry Pearl, but before that I had a V3 Razr through Cingular/AT&T that worked flawlessly. Including the data test.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:02 AM
3rd Gear

RAZR V3 is a different model from mine. My phone is the V3xx model, and according to the HFL compatible phone list, it fails the "call" function - i can testify to that. I'm hoping someone knows about a s/w patch to the phone
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Intermediate

I was waiting on a fix for the V3xx for a while too and finally gave up...sold it and bought an iPhone. I wonder if the RAZR2 will have the same problem as the v3xx when it's released in September.