Hand Free phone book does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand Free phone book does it work?

I have a 2005 RL almost 2 year old and finally decided to try the phone book settings. I am able to reach the point where the number is inputted and I have to stay "store" and once I do that the phone goes dead and the number is not captured.

Any thoughts on if there is a problem with the system or the way I am entering the number

thanks for the feedback
Old 09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
After you say store, did you hit the talk button again on the steering wheel and speak the number in ?. After you do that it will show you the # on the mid to confirm it and talk it out.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Touge
After you say store, did you hit the talk button again on the steering wheel and speak the number in ?. After you do that it will show you the # on the mid to confirm it and talk it out.
Touge: I got to that part, it confirmed the name I wished to use , then asked for the number associated with that number. I spoke the number , it confirmed it and then asked me to say "store" when I attempted to do so by hitting the talk button and saying store, the system just closes. If i say phone book and list, there is nothing there.

Not sure if it is me or a dealership issue. I just never thought to use the phone book until recently. c'est la vie
Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Sounds like a phone issue to me. Let me guess ...... are you on Verizon?

What kind of phone are you using?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:10 PM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Sounds like a phone issue to me. Let me guess ...... are you on Verizon?

What kind of phone are you using?

I doubt it has anything to do with what his service provider is since at the point were discussing, he's only dealing with the HFM system in the RL.

As for Verizon, what issue(s) do you have with them?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by lflorack
I doubt it has anything to do with what his service provider is since at the point were discussing, he's only dealing with the HFM system in the RL.

As for Verizon, what issue(s) do you have with them?
Let's start at the beginning. www.handsfreelink.com Check there to see if your phone is completely compatible. Some phones don't support all features. As for Verizon, they seem to use chargers that blow fuses when plugged into the front power outlet of an RSX.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy

Originally Posted by black label
Let's start at the beginning. www.handsfreelink.com Check there to see if your phone is completely compatible. Some phones don't support all features. As for Verizon, they seem to use chargers that blow fuses when plugged into the front power outlet of an RSX.

I agree do not believe it is a phone issue, as storing the numbers in the RL phone book does not require that the phone be on or even linked to the RL at the oint in time you are attempting to store frequently called number in the RL phone book

This just mean another visit to the dealer, the techs now all nod to me as my face as become so familar sitting in their waiting room

The phone pairs to the car and I am able to make and receive calls via the RL, however never got the acuralink to connect via the treo and was told by the service manager he has not seen it work on any RL even the 2006.

Ps I have a cingular Treo 650, I obtain the signal strength but no battery.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:34 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
There have been a number of posts on various car forums about Verizon's implementation of BT software causing similar problems. Hence my guess that was the OP's carrier.

The BT connection is failing, and it seems likely to me it's either the phone (i.e., the software provided by the cellular carrier) or a fault in the car's BT/HFL system.