Feedback on the Gift of Music RL Bundle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback on the Gift of Music RL Bundle?

I'm wondering if anyone would care to comment on the DVD-Audio bundled disc that has been distributed with the new RL. I heard from at person at Bose in Japan today that the folks at Honda of America are considering discontinuing the inclusion of the disc in the their new RLs.

I've gotten nothing but positive feedback on this disc...a fact that pleases me, I made it. But apparently, Honda has some reasons for their move. I cannot imagine that they would not provide the disc.

Maybe nobody has heard it. Any comments are welcome.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:00 AM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Are you referring to the demo disc? I thought it was a great tool to show off the system!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Cruisin'

Yes...the folks at Acura and Bose developed a "Gift of Music" disc that contains about 7 tracks in HD Surround Sound. But I don't know how many people have actually experienced it and what the feedback to Acura has been. They're talking about discontinuing it...
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also thought the disc was a great way to show off the capabilities of the system!
I have been checking out your web site to see what other DVD-audio disc you have.
My wife and I like classical and jazz so I am sure we will find something!!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Dr. AIX--

I thought the disc was a good system demonstration. Is there a place/person we can send an email to at Acura that will encourage them to continue to include the disc in new cars?

I hope they also include the disc in other DVD-A equipped vehicles, which I believe are the TL, RDX and MDX in addition to the RL. Do you know if they do?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Cruisin'

The Gift of Music disc is only included in the RL because the audio system [head unit and speakers] were developed by Bose [they did a very good job!]. I own a TL that has a Panasonic system developed in conjunction with Elliot Scheiner...the ELS system. It is quite good as well and I believe the other cars are all Panasonic equipment. I did license some tracks onto the other samplers but they are much more pop and rock commercial recordings redone in 5.1 surround. The Gift of Music disc contains tracks that are all new recordings done in HD. I think it makes a difference.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Yes, the other units are all Panasonic-ELS systems. I did not realize that because of the Bose system, we also got more exclusive demo disc. Yes, the new recordings in HD are higher quality than the commercial recordings redone in 5.1, now that I have bought a few DVD-A discs...I did not realize there were differences in DVD-A's when first buying. In fact, it was hard to find any DVD-A's at all. SACD, what few there were, seemed to be more prevalent.