Factory Bose System wiring problem.... PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Bose System wiring problem.... PLEASE HELP!

I am in the process of redoing my system again. this time i wanted to tap into the wires behind the head unit and run a balanced line alll the way down the car to a dsp6 processor. I tried tapping into the Front L and Front R and going to a line driver that goes to din and go down the side of the car.

when i do this however, i have NO controls of anything. no balance, no volume, the volume would be at 0 and i still have sound coming from the left speaker.

DOes anyone even know what the Audio Unit (BOSE BUS+) and Audio Unit (BOSE BUS -) wire is?

what am i doing wrong? is there something special that the amp does and i cannot take it out of the equation??

any hlep would be greattttttttly appreciated..

BTW the wires i tapped into is the black and green for RIGHT and Red and white for LEFT. from pins 7,8,17,18.

thank you!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose

The factory Bose system in these cars send fixed level audio back to the amp and does all the volume and tone controls in the amplifier. The bus lines are the digital commands coming from the Control unit to the amplifier. With out building a one off digital communication device to decode this and give you back controls you will have to do your dsp after the amp.