Echo using Bluetooth Connection

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Echo using Bluetooth Connection

I have read a number of post discusions regarding the matter of an echo being present when using a Bluetooth cell phone in the RL.

From what I understand, the problem does not originate with the phone but is a consequence of the car microphone and speakers conflicting with one another.

I too have experienced the problem in both my former RL and in my present M45. In fact, whenever I have made a hands free call using my Motorola V3 Razr, both the party to whom I am calling and I have had to endure constant echos.

Does anyone have a remedy for this situation?
Old 03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Turning down the volume seemed to help when I had the echo problem. But then came the problem of not being able to hear the other person. I ended up turning up the volume to the phone as high as possible and turning the car volume down slightly.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by shepsan
I have read a number of post discusions regarding the matter of an echo being present when using a Bluetooth cell phone in the RL.

From what I understand, the problem does not originate with the phone but is a consequence of the car microphone and speakers conflicting with one another.

I too have experienced the problem in both my former RL and in my present M45. In fact, whenever I have made a hands free call using my Motorola V3 Razr, both the party to whom I am calling and I have had to endure constant echos.

Does anyone have a remedy for this situation?
I don't have this problem with my RL and the same phone you have (MV3RZR) - no echos at all. I don't have an explanation - logic says that I should be experiencing this too. What I do have a problem with is the connection time as soon as I pick up when someone is calling me. For some reason my first hello is not heard and one or two seconds need to pass before I can be heard or I can hear the person calling me. When I call out everything seems fine.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:26 PM
kgd
Instructor

I have noticed the same thing. I have found that if you look at the display once the incoming number goes away you are connected and can talk. As long as the number is still showing you don't seem to be connected yet.

I have also not had a problem with echo and have used a number of different phones, V600, V557 and a Cingular 8125.