anyone using Blackberry Storm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone using Blackberry Storm?

I am looking for info from anyone who has paired their BB Storm to the RL HF Link. Paired fine, sounds great, everything is nice and clear on both ends for phone calls.

My real question is whether anyone has been successful in playing music via Bluetooth? I was able to "Send via Bluetooth" but not sure where I sent it and how to access the files now. If anyone has been successful please let me know.

Like others here I will be dropping some cash for the cable to integrate the smartphone/iPod if necessary. Pulling apart my dash is not high on my list of recreational activities unless absolutely necessary.

thanks for the info.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Are you saying playing music via stereo bluetooth through the sound system? I thought that was only available through in the 09, and not previous models. What year do you have?

I don't know about your experience, but mine is that not all bluetooth profiles are created equally, and it kind of depends on how the carrier and the equipment vendor implements bluetooth. I have several different phones between different family members, and one phone in particular refuses to work well, at all.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Michigan Wolverines Fan

According to Acura, the feature of connecting the audio via bluetooth was not available prior to 09, thus 037 has it but I am left out in the cold.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For you to be able to play music via Stereo Bluetooth, both devices must support the A2DP profile. Although your BB Storm might support it, the '05-08' RL's do not. Acura added this feature in '09-'10 models.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 PM
10th Gear

good info

the storm does support it but the car does not it appears.
probably cheaper for me to get a cable installed than to drop the cash for an 09 huh?

have you installed the ipod/smartphone cables yourselves? or leave it to the pros? Super easy on my Porsche but the dash on this baby looks like fort knox to me.