AIX records and The Gift of Music

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AIX records and The Gift of Music

After listening to the “The Gift of Music” DVD that came with my RL, I was so impressed by the audio system I decided to order some of the DVD audio discs
offered by AIX records who created “The Gift of Music” DVD for Acura and Bose.

I received seven discs plus a sampler and sound is indeed impressive.
My selections were mostly jazz and some acoustic guitar recordings
and my wife and I listened to three of the DVD’s on our home stereo
which consists of a Yamaha receiver and Polk speakers. (front, center,
subwoofer and rear surround).

I am definitely no audiophile, but it was some of the clearest and crispest
sound I have played on our home system, including some other jazz DVD-Audio
discs.

When I played some of these dics on my RL’s sound system it just blew
me away. I truly felt like I was in the middle of the performance.

If you want some impressive sounding music to really show off your
RL’s sound system you may want to try some of the discs from AIX.
I don’t think you will be disappointed.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tasdir...thanks very much for the positive comments...you're not the only one that has written about the Gift of Music and our other discs. Surround sound is a hugh leap forward to the recording industry, but the major labels have pretty much missed the opportunity.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Acura and Bose didn't give me a gift.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Cruisin'

When did you purchase your RL? We created the "Gift of Music" disc over a year ago and I understood that that every car came with one after June of last year. You might ask your dealership. If they don't have them, let me know and I will write to my connection at Honda.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Track 4 on the Acura RL Demo disc 'Stay' is amazing. You can hear her breath. I have tried to find this artist on a full album.

I got my 'gift' disc from AIX and was so impressed with them, I bought several more. They truly bring the RLs Bose System into focus.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TampaRL
Track 4 on the Acura RL Demo disc 'Stay' is amazing. You can hear her breath. I have tried to find this artist on a full album.

I got my 'gift' disc from AIX and was so impressed with them, I bought several more. They truly bring the RLs Bose System into focus.
I also was impressed by AIX. That is why I purchased several discs and plan on buying more in the near future.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM
White and Nerdy

Originally Posted by bmerton
Acura and Bose didn't give me a gift.
I did not receive the disc with the offer , either. I got a disc, but unless I am missing a page or leaflet from it, I went through it and did not find any mention of any offer.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
If you bought the car new, (in 2006 anyway) it came with a DVD-Video teaching you various features about the car and a DVD-Audio called "Acura RL, The Gift of Music" from AIX. It is a very good demo disc of high resolution songs, demo of the different channels and demo of DVD-A vs stereo.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
White and Nerdy

I bought mine in 2007...I got the DVD Video and a DVD audio, but I think the DVD audio is different. I know it does not have a track 4 named "Stay"
Old 05-04-2007, 05:11 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Godwhacker
I bought mine in 2007...I got the DVD Video and a DVD audio, but I think the DVD audio is different. I know it does not have a track 4 named "Stay"
Let me verify that track selection and get back to you Godwhacker.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr. AIX
When did you purchase your RL? We created the "Gift of Music" disc over a year ago and I understood that that every car came with one after June of last year. You might ask your dealership. If they don't have them, let me know and I will write to my connection at Honda.
I bought my '06 in November...but it was a slightly used one (about 3,500 miles on the clock and an address or two in the NAV system), so somebody had it for a short time before me. The build date was 09/05, so I bet mine didn't come with it, anyway and I'm out of luck. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Cruisin'

The Gift of Music disc contains 11 tracks including "Cold Outside" by Lowen & Navarro, "THe Best of My Love" by Nicci Gilbert, "Lone Star" by Carl Verheyen, "On The Street Where You Live" by Steve March Tormé, "Palls Mall" by Vantage Point, "Mosiac" by Laurence Juber and "Symphony No. 41 "Finale" by Mozart. I'm on there too, describing the process of recording HD Audio in surround. This is a really great disc...it was made because the previous version was a little underwhelming.

I'm not sure how you can get it if you didn't get one with your automobile....however, we do have a 29 track sampler available. Same format and lots of cool stuff on it.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:18 PM
White and Nerdy

Originally Posted by Dr. AIX
The Gift of Music disc contains 11 tracks including "Cold Outside" by Lowen & Navarro, "THe Best of My Love" by Nicci Gilbert, "Lone Star" by Carl Verheyen, "On The Street Where You Live" by Steve March Tormé, "Palls Mall" by Vantage Point, "Mosiac" by Laurence Juber and "Symphony No. 41 "Finale" by Mozart. I'm on there too, describing the process of recording HD Audio in surround. This is a really great disc...it was made because the previous version was a little underwhelming.
Ok, that is the disc I have. However, I don't see anything about any offers, etc. Or was the disc the offer? Im confused!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Godwhacker

I checked that Godwhacker. It is track 4 'Stay' of the Acura / Bose DVD Audio demonstration disc supplied wit my 2006 RL. Inside the disc jacket was the offer for the DVD Audio 'gift'.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Cruisin'

OK...here's the deal. The 2006 came with an offer to get a free disc through a program that Acura and Bose setup. In the following year, they decided to "bundle" a customer disc [The Gift of Music] with each RL automobile.

After auditioning many dozens of tracks...they decided to include only tracks from AIX Records. As a production company, we also created the disc.