AcuraLink through Verizon Bluetooth phone - SOLVED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
and does Goodwrench have something to do with Onstar?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by db22
and does Goodwrench have something to do with Onstar?

Yes.... goodwrench is what they call their service departments AND what onstar calls their troubleshooting ability via onstar.

I checked this out - onstar cannot check the error codes in the RL.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am trying to decide what phone and carrier to choose to get the most benefits from the handsfree link. I am leaning toward verizon because I can also use it with Onstar. I am concerned that I will not be able to use the data link. 1) Can anyone tell me if the the data link has proved useful to them. 2) if data link is useful can I still make the mot E815 work, or is the razr better
Old 01-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Dr. E in TN

Originally Posted by konst_ms
I finally made AcuraLink work through Verizon cell phone!
Only two things appeared to be relevant: 1. DUN Bluetooth profile must be enabled on the phone and 2. You must have some dialup connection available.

About DUN. It is enabled by default on Verizon Motorola V710 and CAN be easily enabled on E815 by quick dialing "##DIALUP" (with no quotes of course).

About dialup connection. You can buy one from any ISP (Internet Service Provider) you like or you can use one of the many FREE dialup providers available. I personally tried provider named NOCHARGE. Details how to connect to it are here: http://www.nocharge.com

So I started my RL, pressed Setup button and went to AcuraLink Setup. There I selected Custom Setup and entered the following for every step:

1. Connection Name - "NO CHARGE" (or whatever name you prefer)
2. Dial string - phone number of the ISP. I took the one in my area from this page: http://www.nocharge.com/connect.htm
3. PPP user name - "guest" (name and password are specific to NOCHARGE ISP)
4. PPP password - "password"
5. Done (selection named "Done" is below the screen border so one must be smart enough to scroll down for it)

Then AcuraLink proposes to connect to Acura server to verify the connection. First time it failed for me, but then I repeat and hurray! Connection confirmed!
When it connects you see just a progress bar on the Nav screen, but on the phone you can see that it first calls the number you specified in the Step 2 and then the phone says "Data connection at 14.4k".

Here we are! Enjoy!
I live in Fayetteville, Tennessee 37334. Is this "no charge" available in my are? If so, can you send me the specifics of that I would need to type in to connect? At any point, do I need to type in any numbers or ISP addresses, server addresses, etc.?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:22 AM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally Posted by Dr. E in TN
I live in Fayetteville, Tennessee 37334. Is this "no charge" available in my are? If so, can you send me the specifics of that I would need to type in to connect? At any point, do I need to type in any numbers or ISP addresses, server addresses, etc.?
Personally, I use the following method and it works great! Configure AcraLink this way:

Name: Verizon
Dial String: #777
Username: 123456789@vzw3g.com (substitute YOUR cell number here. It's case sensitive)
Password: vzw (case sensitive)

Also as konst_ms said, "Only two things appeared to be relevant: 1. DUN Bluetooth profile must be enabled on the phone and 2. You must have some dialup connection available."

It's free (except air time) and should work in your area just as well as it does for me.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by konst_ms
I finally made AcuraLink work through Verizon cell phone!
Only two things appeared to be relevant: 1. DUN Bluetooth profile must be enabled on the phone and 2. You must have some dialup connection available.

About DUN. It is enabled by default on Verizon Motorola V710 and CAN be easily enabled on E815 by quick dialing "##DIALUP" (with no quotes of course).

About dialup connection. You can buy one from any ISP (Internet Service Provider) you like or you can use one of the many FREE dialup providers available. I personally tried provider named NOCHARGE. Details how to connect to it are here: http://www.nocharge.com

So I started my RL, pressed Setup button and went to AcuraLink Setup. There I selected Custom Setup and entered the following for every step:

2. Dial string - phone number of the ISP. I took the one in my area from this page: http://www.nocharge.com/connect.htm
5. Done (selection named "Done" is below the screen border so one must be smart enough to scroll down for it)

Then AcuraLink proposes to connect to Acura server to verify the connection. First time it failed for me, but then I repeat and hurray! Connection confirmed!
When it connects you see just a progress bar on the Nav screen, but on the phone you can see that it first calls the number you specified in the Step 2 and then the phone says "Data connection at 14.4k".

Here we are! Enjoy!

Hi what exactly do you dial to activate Dunn ##dialup? what keys exactly.

regards,
Peter
Old 01-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The keys that spell 'dialup' so you would enter ##342587
Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
10th Gear

http://dts.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf

The above link is to a compatibility chart for Verizon, don't think the V3c works with data...
Old 11-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWESOME instructions, konst ...

I now have it working on my v3c on Verizon using "nocharge" as the ISP. #777 doesn't work on my phone for some reason (I used to have vCast, then dropped it).

Now if it could just grab a WiFi signal for internet access and let me use a wireless bluetooth keyboard ... Oh wait, I have my laptop in the center console. Nevermind
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I tried to get my snazzy Verizon Razr2 V9m to connect to Acuralink, and couldn't do it. My old Razr v3m worked using the "NOCHARGE" configuration shown below.

When I tried it with the v9m (after setting up HFL, which works fine for incoming and outgoing calls), all that happens is that bluetooth disconnects, then reconnects but there's no phone call made. The phone doesn't even show that it tried to make a call in the dialing log.

It seems like I'm really close to getting it to work.

If I want to use the #777, I need a $59.99/month data plan -- which hardly seems worth it for whatever it is that Acuralink does.

Any thoughts?

Rob144
Old 04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
6th Gear

Ok, so I just got a 2005RL and I tried both suggestions and none seem to work, i'm trying to turn DUN on on my EnV phone from verizon, any suggestions on how to do this? I can't get into the security tab for some reason so it may be in there.

Thanks.

The Noob