Acura Notice about NAV 4.62 DVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Acura Notice about NAV 4.62 DVD

Got home today and received a letter from Acura noting all the issues we have discussed so in depth here!

October 2007

Product Information: Navigation DVD (Version 4.62) Loading Issues

Dear Acura Owner:

Honda Motor Co., Ltd., has determined that the navigation update DVD you recently purchased may not load properly, and you could experience one of these symptoms:

o When you start the vehicle, an In-Line diagnostic screen appears and you can't use the navigation system.

o When you insert the navigation DVD, the navigation system repeats the cycle of displaying the globe screen and then going blank.

If you have not experienced either of these symptoms, you do not need to take any action. Your navigation DVD is operating properly.

What should you do?

If the In-Line diagnostic screen appears and does not go away, call any authorized Acura dealer and make an appointment to bring in your vehicle. The dealer will resolve the problem, free of charge, and the navigation DVD you purchased will operate as expected.

If your navigation system repeats the globe-and-blank-screen cycle, reinsert your original navigation DVD. The navigation system should operate normally. Return your new navigation DVD to Alpine Electronics for a full refund.

Then gives an Alpine address and phone number; that you will be notified when a new one is available; a phone number for Acura Client Services; an apology for inconvenience.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 PM
'10 A5 & '07 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2
Got home today and received a letter from Acura noting all the issues we have discussed so in depth here!

October 2007

Dear Acura Owner:

Honda Motor Co., Ltd., has determined...
I ordered my disk the same weekend everyone started reporting problems on the '05s. However I didn't look at this forum before ordering!

My order status changed to "on backorder" and after two phone calls with NO information available, I cancled last week. Maybe I'll catch up when they releae the "A" version!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
its good to see that acura is addressing the problem and is taking care of its customers.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Retired and Loving It

Has anyone bought one of these 4.62 disc from this guy?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Intermediate

[quote=Chas2;7519467]Got home today and received a letter from Acura noting all the issues we have discussed so in depth here!

October 2007

Dear Acura Owner:

Honda Motor Co., Ltd., has determined that the navigation update DVD you recently purchased may not load properly, and you could experience one of these symptoms:

o When you start the vehicle, an In-Line diagnostic screen appears and you can't use the navigation system.

o When you insert the navigation DVD, the navigation system repeats the cycle of displaying the globe screen and then going blank.

If you have not experienced either of these symptoms, you do not need to take any action. Your navigation DVD is operating properly.

What should you do?

If the In-Line diagnostic screen appears and does not go away, call any authorized Acura dealer and make an appointment to bring in your vehicle. The dealer will resolve the problem, free of charge, and the navigation DVD you purchased will operate as expected.

----
Anyone know what the dealer does to fix this? I have this problem but my car didn't come with navigation from the factory so I don't know if acura will fix it for me or not and don't want to void my warranty or something ridiculous like that.