2005 RL and front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 RL and front brakes

I'm bringing my 2005 RL with almost 12K miles for front breaks......they started squeezing about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this ? I find it very hard to believe that i need breaks with such low mileage, especially since i drive a whopping 3 miles a day to work these last 2 months.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CumbaJ
I'm bringing my 2005 RL with almost 12K miles for front breaks......they started squeezing about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this ? I find it very hard to believe that i need breaks with such low mileage, especially since i drive a whopping 3 miles a day to work these last 2 months.
I think you posted this in the wrong forum, unless your brake squeal is coming from the surround sounds speakers

Seriously, there is a known problem with squealing brakes and a TSB to fix them. I have about 10K miles on my RL and just had the fix done a few months ago, fixed the problem fine. Take the car in and let them do their 'thing".

Yo moderator ... while you are moving this, what's with this link from certain words to advertisements??? I don't want people to think that I am sending adverts their way.

Pete
Old 06-30-2006, 06:04 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by petemc
Yo moderator ... while you are moving this, what's with this link from certain words to advertisements??? I don't want people to think that I am sending adverts their way.
Pete
Add intellitext.com to your hosts file, and you'll never have to see them again.. One of the most annoying forms of advertising ever.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jftjr
Add intellitext.com to your hosts file, and you'll never have to see them again.. One of the most annoying forms of advertising ever.
I utilize a hosts file, but I'm willing to bet that most folks posting here never heard of one. I believe the ads are javascript. I effectively blocked mine without using my hosts file, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did. I'll think on this and repost when I figure it out.

geez...it's not a "senior moment," it's not a "senior moment," it's not a "senior moment."

Fred
Old 06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Intermediate

This is another way to disable the intellitext advertising. On the pop-up add, click on the '?' in the upper righthand corner and it will take you to the intelliTXT page. At the bottom of the intelliTXT page there is a 'click here to disable'.

Or click on this link to take you to the same page.

http://www.vibrantmedia.com/whatIsIn...intellitxt.com
Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gizmowizard
This is another way to disable the intellitext advertising. On the pop-up add, click on the '?' in the upper righthand corner and it will take you to the intelliTXT page. At the bottom of the intelliTXT page there is a 'click here to disable'.

Or click on this link to take you to the same page.

http://www.vibrantmedia.com/whatIsIn...intellitxt.com
I'd prefer to block them, rather than to click on anything on their website. Quite simply, I don't trust them. First off, I don't want to give intellitext a referral to their site including my IP address -- I won't give them a click. Second, I'd bet it sets a tracking cookie when you choose not to display. So... I want 'em dead on my side. It never loads, and saves bandwidth.

EDIT: If you surf the net regularly, and don't know about having a hosts file or how to block ads/malware/spyware, you shouldn't be on the 'net. It's like having a lot of sex but not knowing how to put on a condom.....
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Racer

Thanks for the education on intellitxt.

Good new is that I know about HOSTS files, so I must have license to browse

Instead of using the HOSTS file, which would require a lot of entries, I used the Adblock extension in Firefox to easily disable this stuff.

For those who are using Firefox as a browser you need to have the Adblock extension installed.

Once you have it installed:
  1. Click on Tools > Adblock > Preferences
  2. In the New Filter entry box add http://*intellitxt.com/*
  3. Click "Add"
  4. Click the "Done" button
You should now find that all the intellitxt has been stopped.

Pete
Old 06-30-2006, 09:46 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by petemc
Thanks for the education on intellitxt.

Good new is that I know about HOSTS files, so I must have license to browse

Instead of using the HOSTS file, which would require a lot of entries, I used the Adblock extension in Firefox to easily disable this stuff.

For those who are using Firefox as a browser you need to have the Adblock extension installed.

Once you have it installed:
  1. Click on Tools > Adblock > Preferences
  2. In the New Filter entry box add http://*intellitxt.com/*
  3. Click "Add"
  4. Click the "Done" button
You should now find that all the intellitxt has been stopped.

Pete
Thanks Pete for posting that. That's apparently what I did...that line is the most recent addition to my adblock option.

I'm also not getting the ads with IE, but see that *.intellitxt.com is in the restrictive sites list and the security slider bar is set to max.