XM Delay...so WIERD

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Delay...so WIERD

Ok, I have had the same problem as everyone else on the XM delay and it has been consistent.

However, this moring something weird happened. When I started the car in the garage as everyday, my XM came up on the top readout as Preview 1. I thought "oh no, another problem like some others posted". Then, I clicked the audio button and to my surprise, all my channel presets were still there. I hit preset 5 for CH22 MIX, and it came right on.

I backed out and headed to work. As the song ended, I happened to look at the screen, and the display refreshed to the new artist/song immediately as the new song began to play. I wondered if somehow they gave me a download or something and the XM was now fixed. Sure enough, all the way to work (30 minutes) the XM changed songs correctly.

Well, the same didn't happen on the way home. I am now back to the 10 to 15 second delay!!!!!

How weird. I can't understand how it can be fixed and then revert back. Is it an XM issue or a Acura issue? This has me extremely puzzled. I will discuss with service dept when I take in for first service. My oil life is down to 30%.

Anyone else have this happen?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drives me nuts . . .
Old 08-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Instructor

OK..In addition to my '05 RL, I have 2 '05 MDX's w/XM....I never have
any issues with slow refresh, reset to preview, nothing on either of those
two vehicles....this is an Acura problem, I believe, not XM!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:51 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

My '05 TL never did it.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

kph3...the same exact scenario happened to me last week. When I started the car in the garage at home XM went to Preview, then I hit the XM button and went back to my presets. I noticed the titles and songs changing was back to normal subsecond response. I parked the car all day at work, got in that evening and off I went. Oops, the radio was back to the slow drag on response time for title and song changes.

SO very frustrating. XM Support had nothing to say about it and actually wanted to send a reset signal to the car. Of course Acura has no answer.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Burning Brakes

I've had no problem with the XM thus far.......'04 TL.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:32 PM
2007 Lexus GS 350

Originally Posted by Dkrudop
I've had no problem with the XM thus far.......'04 TL.
Its not a issue on the TL. But I also have had the delay issues and then all of a sudden it will start to work. I'm now used to pressing a preset button to "force" the song info on either the Navi Screen and Windshield display.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Instructor

This problem should have a solution by now. I have not had one problem with XM since the day I took delivery of my new RL in mid-October last fall. Of course, I made sure to never have the 4 "updates" earlier this year (since I didn't need any of them). Perhaps that is the reason I never have had the delay factor. And while I hate to sound like the proverbial broken record, they sure built my RL well. I haven't had one squeak, rattle, or any sort of problem at all. And since that includes a never-slow-to-update XM display, I'm sure there must be a solution for those who are experiencing delays.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:43 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I am also experiencing delays on my XM. Takes
about 15-20 seconds to refresh the new song title.

There's no fix available for this yet?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

No fix...the updates that came out caused the problem and Acura has not addressed it with a subsequent update. DCRL is not experiencing the problem because he did not have the updates done.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Pek01...this is strange how we both had the exact thing happen. I will have to call Acura again and check with dealer when I go in too.

I was delayed all day today.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:29 PM
10th Gear

Screen update frequency

I have a theory that the delay on the XM info display is a function of the car's screen update, not XM reception. The information is there, but only updated on the frequency that the system is set to update the screen. I've seen no delays in display and I've experienced 20 second delays, and everything in between.

It's possible to force the update by changing channels, because it always displays the new channel data immediately. If I really want to get the info on a song I toggle the channel rocker on the steering wheel quickly and if I do it right the sound is uninterrupted but the dispay is updated.

I've gone through all of the settings in the "three finger salute" menu and nothing seems to control this update. I'm guessing that there is a default system setting, but I have no idea how to change it, or if changing it would effect other processing tasks.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:37 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

There was ZERO delay this morning with my XM. Every new song was updated instantly on both displays.

Crossing my fingers that the delay is gone still when I get back in the car in 40 mins.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:35 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

that didn't last long.

Back to 15-20 second delays . . .
Old 08-26-2005, 04:35 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
ASP,

Didn't expect it to get better.

There may be one or two instances in a month
where my XM refreshes instantly. However, as
quickly as it comes, is as quickly as it goes back to
delay.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Instructor

My RL just got its first oil change last Friday and they flashed the PCM to fix the shudder problem. I was worried about the XM display but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since everything continues to work normally. Has anyone narrowed down just which update messes up the refresh?