Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where to buy OEM Painted Trunk Spoiler?

Looking to see where the best place to buy an OEM Trunk spoiler for my 06 RL

Best price Ive found so far was around $280 from this site

http://acura.dealerfit.com/store/acu...od642_7655.php

Any other suggestions? How about the painted ones that are advertised on Ebay, has anyone tried one of these?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
That is as good a price as I have seen
Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I'd go OEM as the paint match is excellent. That's a good price for one, do it.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
i bought mine through my local dealer via their website store. i believe i paid slightly less than your quote... around $250. if you go online to ebay, there are various acura dealerships who have online stores and sell parts at pretty competitive prices. i just did it now and found findlayacura selling it for $245.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08...Q5fAccessories

you might get your local dealer to order it and see if they will price match. maybe work a deal wher they give you a good deal on the part and labor. they makek a little on both ends and you get a better deal too. i had my dealer order and install it. I paid $200 to install, plus $250 for the part. they originally wanted more for the install, but I got a handful of quotes from local dealers and they agreed to match the lowest price.

the install requires you drill holes in your trunk, so unless you are really mechanically inclinded, you might want to have a pro do it. mine was dealer installed, and then after a week or so, the driver's side edge started coming up...the tape failed to hold and it looked bad. took it back and they fixed it under warranty. no charge. (on a side note, i assumed they would just add more tape to hold it down...NO. they ordered a totally new spoiler!)

I agree with Bob - the paint match is excellent! perfect match on my carbon gray.

the spoiler is a nice mod. i think the car looks fine w/out it. but once you ADD it, it gives the car a subtle sporty look. the car is still a luxury car, and it doesn't detract from the classiness of the car. i thinkt eh car looks much better with it.

the only things I have changed on my car since buying it was to add window tint and the spoiler. those two mods have made the car look TONS nicer.

good luck.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Of course, Findlay Acura has limited colors...so be careful. There are ebay sellers that make a spoiler out of fiberglass, and I would stay away from that.

Also look in the garage for installation tips. You don't necessarily have to drill.

Also look in Acura service news, also in the garage, about de-burring the holes if you do drill.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Whatever Acura dealer you go to, bring them your VIN Number. Then, they'll know exactly what color you car is for the perfect match.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I decided I will get the OEM one.

I actually work for a Nissan/Jeep dealer and my group also owns an Acura dealer. I called them and they did it for $280. Install will not be a problem as I am an auto tech at my dealer, so doing stuff like this is not a problem at all. I have all the tools to do it. Plus I also have my own business where I build high performance mustangs, so this is cake work for me

I agree about the tint and wing make a huge difference. The week I got my car the first thing I did was tint the windows. Im doing the spoiler and was thinking about also doing the painted splash guards as well

Thanks guys