So Sad to see the blk beauty go... Whats next???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012 | 09:20 PM
Banned

So Sad to see the blk beauty go... Whats next???

so hey guys as many post on here that it's sad to let go of their beloved beauty. it sure is sad to see them go. Im sad to see my blk beauty go. but now i want to see whats next.

what should i get. many tell me go for the 2012 tl Sh-awd which i love but idk its starting me again to pay more for a car. but thinking of it, i kind of want the tl sh-awd because its fun and it can be modded unlike the RL. there is so little you can do before it gets really pricey.

What about a turbo Tsx or a supercharged tsx which one is better? i will probably ask this question in the tsx forms, but maybe you guys know.

well to let you guys see my blk beauty, all i got to do was tint and ipod and all around performance r1 concept rotors and brakes + ss break lines which was amazing. here she is to show you guys.

Old 10-10-2012 | 06:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Why are you selling her? Are you sure another Acura will fill that void completely?
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Per his sales thread she is sold... I guess the real question is, what do you want in a car... going from RL to TSX seems to be a strange step down when you cold have supercharged the RL.
Old 10-10-2012 | 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

If the move is purely a scratch for the mod itch, then I can understand another Acura. However, if it is something else, all other Acuras seem to be a lateral move or step back.
Old 10-10-2012 | 10:48 PM
Banned

well i have to say that yes its mainly because an itch for mods, supercharging the rl would be nice like another member did around her, but its the awd that was killing me when thinking of mods. dont get me wrong here. the sh-awd was amazing. just that for how i drove and the mods i wanted to do i felt that a rl is just to heavy. and i think everyone agrees. but modding the rl gets really expensive. and with gas prices hitting the nearest, $5 mark, i felt that supercharging the rl would need a little more and gas and mod money is alot on that part.

i went to the dealer today and came back with a 2012 tl Sh-awd, and i have to say like many say WOW!, just the torque its self makes a big difference then the rl. the seats just snug you in unlike the rl its a little, well Blah.. doesnt snug you in when making sharp turns. this Tl picked up quick getting off the exit ramp on to the highway. unlike the rl it took a while to pull. even when shifting to tripnotic mode. with the Tl it shows the big difference. and the sound of the tl the engine and exhaust put together is more aggressive.

and yes i know; its because the tl is more sport and the rl more luxury, and i really wanted more sport so that was also a key role in selling my blk beauty. the rl i felt was more for an older couple that just wants to cruse. please dont get offended guys, im 25 and my wife and i love to cruse but i also like to mod, and i guess the age does play the role, + i dont we dont have kids, so i felt that a luxury car right now, naw. thats why the rl isn't suited for me. even though i look more professional. lol. well i hope you guys understand; that i love the rl and will miss my blk beauty sooo much but isn't for me right now, maybe down the road when i settle down with my own family. but i think tl would do the same as luxury and sport for me now and later with a family. lol.

also i did menage to get 30-32mpg on hwy when i went to go drop her off at her new owners house. she has been doing that for a while and about 22mpg city. like i mention in another thread before she can do that.

pics of the TL-sh-awd and mpg on the blk beauty rl, also the new owners car in front of me(CL) + another acura we found on the hwy(blue integra).

Old 10-11-2012 | 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

congrats on the new ride.
Old 10-11-2012 | 12:16 AM
Pro

I still can't stand that damn grill, that would be the first thing I modded, rip that out and figure out how to make it look good.
Old 10-11-2012 | 12:36 AM
Pro

This is the RL that Honda should have made, I still think it looks better than the current RL and TL.

They always do manage to fuck things up though, no V8 ever and no 7 or 8 speed transmission yet.
Old 10-11-2012 | 06:02 AM
Senior Moderator

^ Why did you get a Honda? As for your last statement, I have one thing to say: RLX.

OP, congrats on the ride. There is no need to hope we understand. Whether we understand or not, you like your car, and that is all that matters. If you understand, more power to you. (Pun intended.)
Old 10-11-2012 | 12:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by oo7spy
^ Why did you get a Honda? As for your last statement, I have one thing to say: RLX.

OP, congrats on the ride. There is no need to hope we understand. Whether we understand or not, you like your car, and that is all that matters. If you understand, more power to you. (Pun intended.)
I bought the RL because it was the best used car value and I wanted Honda reliability, and it just so happened it was my grandfathers friend who was the president of bank and he gave me a really good deal. It has its shortcomings but I couldn't have gotten anything better used for the price.

And with regards to the RLX, Honda is just making this car now, showing they have been years behind the competitors as far engine, transmissions, and looks go. I think the RLX's beak is ugly and the car is huge. The rims look like fan blades, and the only colors the Acura lineup are offering are pretty boring and bland.

On the upside, the interior looks pretty nice but so do the interiors of Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi
Old 10-11-2012 | 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Matt W
And with regards to the RLX, Honda is just making this car now, showing they have been years behind the competitors as far engine, transmissions, and looks go.