Should i take my RL to Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should i take my RL to Track Day

My friend organized a track day at Talladega Gran Prix in AL
I've always wanted to drive around on a track, Unfortunately now i own an RL which is more of a curiser haha.
Wish i still had my 6sp TSX
So im debating on whether or not to take my RL to the track and run it around for 3hrs.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts
I don't think it will perform very well, its very heavy, not particularly fast and doesn't handle well enough (it has a fair amount of roll). You'll probably need better brake pads, a brake bleed before the event and better tires...street tires don't really cut it, especially if they are all season.

I've kind of wondered the same about my RL. However, after taking this to the track, I understand why I shouldn't...

Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
hell no....

just do a drag strip
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blazing gt
hell no....

Just do a drag strip
+1
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Do it. Why not?

It's an experience and not one where you're racing against anyone else, or for money.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Advanced

Been there, done that

See my post from Temple of Vtec

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...&page_number=1

The only rider is my Legend's suspension set up is closer to A-spec than a standard RL. But that doesn't mean you can't take a standard RL to the track and have fun - as long as you drive to the car's and your capabilities.

PS The other thing to keep in mind is I have over twenty years state level motorsport competition behind me
Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Tracking the Legend (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2007 02:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Well I finally did it. Actually put my ’06 Legend on the track at my local race circuit. Just to see how it would go, and not to see how fast I could be at ten tenths.

It was a glorious spring day, the race car wasn’t quite ready, and a friend was trying out his recently purchased ’05 WRX STi.

What was I to do, but to tag along and give my Legend a thrash and find out what the big girl could do?

In the interests of tyre life I lifted the cold pressure of the front tyres to 46psi, with the rears set at 42psi. I set out at about seven tenths, getting a feel for how the car was using the tyres, and trying out the manual mode with the auto ‘box. At that pace I could drop down into 3rd to activate SH-AWD in helping to rotate the car around the apexes. Unfortunately, as I lifted the pace, the increase in cornering speeds meant the computer would no longer allow me to manually drop it into 3rd gear, meaning I was not getting the drive off the apex, and SH-AWD was not being engaged to advantage.

Funnily enough, if I left it in D, and then accelerated hard just before the apex [as you would for a laggy turbo car] the ‘box WOULD select 3rd gear and help rotation. Go figure. De-activation of VSA allowed the car to be rotated under brakes, minimising understeer. It struck me that at normal road speeds, the VSA allows a fair degree of oversteer, maybe 15 deg of yaw, before it interferes, but on the track with MUCH higher cornering speeds it would not allow hardly any yaw before activating.

While the Legend does not understeer to any degree at normal, fast road speeds, carrying too much corner entry speed does make it understeer on the track. So the classic slow in, fast out is the way to go. Driven this way you can really get on the power early and let the SH-AWD pull you through the corner, with the car tightening its line, or gently drifting wide if you have carried a little too much cornering speed.

Power wise it was adequate for what it is, a sporty luxury car. Coming off the open 180 degree corner onto the main straight [taken at about 90kph] it is a steep up-hill climb to the half way mark of the straight, then it plunges down to a 90 degree corner at the end of the straight. About 600 meters in total length with an elevation change of maybe 15 meters. On the road I have never felt that the Legend lacked power for highway overtaking, with the urge it generates feeling quite strong. But on the track, coming out of that corner, dragging up the hill, the weight that car carries was very noticeable. Much more so than in the corners. As a comparison my friends WRX STi was on my rear bumper one lap, and he had pulled past by the time we had gotten a third of the way to the top of the hill. By the braking marker at the end of the straight, he had probably edged another 4 or 5 of lengths ahead. Of course, in context, the fact that an STi pulled 4 car lengths in that situation is not necessarily a disaster!

We weighed our cars on the scales at the track. With our spare wheels and jacks removed [every little bit helps] the Legend weighed in at 1795 kg and the WRX Sti weighed 1485 kg. So the Honda does have some power.

But not enough. As I pushed harder in the third session, I found that the Legend no longer had the power to use the SH-AWD to rotate the car as well as it had at nine tenths, in the previous session. At slightly slower speeds, there was enough engine power to offer some acceleration, which activated the SH-AWD. But not at the higher speeds I could attain when pushing harder. The chassis was ok, if you carried the appropriate corner speed, it stayed quite neutral during the corner. But with SH-AWD at lower speeds you could actually accelerate off the apex and increase your speed and tighten your line. As speeds rose, there was less power for acceleration, which meant SH-AWD didn’t help rotate the car as much, and the little bit of acceleration gained off the apex, before you finished the corner, the nose ran ever so slightly wide, Not enough that you needed to ease off on the accelerator, but enough to use the front tyres more than was optimum.

The first track session indicated that the car could do with less tyre pressure in the rear to help the car rotate. For the second session I had reduced the rear [now hot] tyre pressures by 6psi. On the track it helped rotation a fair degree, without the rear end feeling loose. For the third session, I reduced the pressures down to the standard setting [equating to 36 hot or 32psi cold]. It did help rotation a little bit more, and the rear was starting to feel loose, so I think it may be at an optimum level at that point.

The brakes were excellent, with very little fade after 5 laps, but as they got hotter, they did loose their initial bite, without affecting retardation too much. Having said that, careful use of the brake pedal allowed me to stay out for 15 laps without any brake issues [other than a slight warping of the discs due to the excessive heat generated].

So how fast was she? Driven with the same verve as my NSX I was about 3 seconds a lap slower in the Legend with 74 second laps. But some other cars at the track may give a better indication. A Subaru Legacy B4 was ever so slightly faster than the Legend [also driven by an experienced driver]. With all of it’s speed advantage coming from better acceleration down the straights.

There were also two Euro Civic Type R’s circulating. At first they were slow, but with some useful set-up advice they improved markedly during the day, with one driver able to stay with me around the lap. He had to back off after four or five laps because he was really leaning on the brakes to keep up.

So what does it prove? Nothing much really. I did about 30 laps in all, at a respectable pace for a sporty luxury car. But as for those doomsayers out there worried about how badly the Legend/RL underteers I say bollocks. If you could see the tyres, they have the mearest hint of some feathering on the outside edge, at the front, but hardly noticeable. I had great fun, turned some fun laps mixing it with MUCH sportier cars and used a tankful of gas.

That night I got home, washed the car, and used it as a luxury car to take my partner and another couple out to dinner. At the end of the night, my guests complemented me on what a great luxury car the Legend is.
The following users liked this post:
jbekuykendall (01-27-2012)
Old 01-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Wouldn't Talladega only allow to evaluate the RL's ability to turn left?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Go for it.... BUT KEEP THIS IN MIND. If you damage your car, there is no way in hell your insurance will cover it if they find out it happened at a track. Most people dont think about that.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
That is what I was going to say...isn't this an oval-ish track?

I had fun with the RL at Summit Point in WV with the BMW club. The SH-AWD really helps in low speed slaloms. I did have difficulty on the wet skidpad...heavy understeer and very easy to loose the rear end. It could have been bad driving (likely) or the SH-AWD actually interpreting my bad driving to give more power to the outside wheel and I rotated the rear quite easily, with dramatic results. The OEM all seasons felt extremely greasy at low speeds, like 20-25 mph, using D3
Old 01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
No. You will eventually only be in the way unless you are going with a bunch of total newbies that cant run themselves.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Instructor

Haha thanks for all the replies,

I am planning on going , going to change out my brakes and my rear right suspension might be busted cause its slumping sorta on that end so i may just buy the aspec suspension and put it on there.

I drive the car like an old man i dont plan on wrecking it or doing something stupid.
Im pretty tame driver

The group is a mixed one few newbs and a few amateurs who have ran this track.

Im just really looking for a fun experience and i think this will provide that in the safest way possible

Sadleru: great write up on tracking your RL
Old 01-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DurgyNess
Haha thanks for all the replies,

I drive the car like an old man i dont plan on wrecking it or doing something stupid.
Im pretty tame driver
dont worry about yourself....worry about the other people on the trrack. If someone hits you or you wreck trying to afford someone I hope you got some money saved up ;-)
Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
I'd skip a track day in the RL. the RL is not meant to be a track car, and trying to run it on a track is like tryin to pound a round peg through a square hole. you might make it fit, but it won't be pretty...

that's not to say you can't do it. if would help if the RL was modded with suspension wheels/tires. that might make it more fun, but I still dont' think it would be "fun" compared to the kind of fun you would have with a more sporty car.

why not go with your friend and see if he will give you some seat time in his car, or see if you can be a passenger for some laps. that might honestly be more fun - if he has a track type car - than tryign to run the RL around a track.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Most cars aren't made to be track cars. Your RL will do fine. It may not be as fast as other cars out there, but it's having FUN. It's not about beating the other person. I would recommend though better brake pads (as the stocks will fade way to fast), flush your fluid with some better synthetic fluid like Motul 600, and make sure the transmission has somewhat fresher fluid in it, as it will be abused a good amount. You will need to use the paddles the full time and the rpms will be near redline the full time. So just make sure everything is in good shape. The tires won't matter if you have All Seasons or race tires. Street tires will allow you to not go as fast as you could, and be more forgiving.

Enjoy it! You will have a instructor with you as well, and he will teach you the lines, your first time out, you won't be going as fast as you may think either.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Most cars aren't made to be track cars. Your RL will do fine. It may not be as fast as other cars out there, but it's having FUN. It's not about beating the other person. I would recommend though better brake pads (as the stocks will fade way to fast), flush your fluid with some better synthetic fluid like Motul 600, and make sure the transmission has somewhat fresher fluid in it, as it will be abused a good amount. You will need to use the paddles the full time and the rpms will be near redline the full time. So just make sure everything is in good shape. The tires won't matter if you have All Seasons or race tires. Street tires will allow you to not go as fast as you could, and be more forgiving.

Enjoy it! You will have a instructor with you as well, and he will teach you the lines, your first time out, you won't be going as fast as you may think either.

Why will the transmission get abused? when I take my 911 to the track, i basically only use 3rd and 4th gear. Only time I am in 1st or second is exiting and entering the track and I haven't been in 5th yet, even at 120 mph...I can go to 5500 to 6000 rpms in that car no problem.

Also, street tires don't cut it, especially all seasons, unless the treads are worn down. You might get away with ultra summer tires. I run toyo 888s on my 911.

I suspect with the RL, you'll have your hand out the window constantly signalling others to pass.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rlerman
Why will the transmission get abused? when I take my 911 to the track, i basically only use 3rd and 4th gear. Only time I am in 1st or second is exiting and entering the track and I haven't been in 5th yet, even at 120 mph...I can go to 5500 to 6000 rpms in that car no problem.

Also, street tires don't cut it, especially all seasons, unless the treads are worn down. You might get away with ultra summer tires. I run toyo 888s on my 911.

I suspect with the RL, you'll have your hand out the window constantly signalling others to pass.
Umm the car gets abused on the track. Put a temp gauge on your transmission after running around 2 laps on any 2~ mile road course and the transmission will already be much hotter than it usually is on any normal driving. When your car is at redline most of the time on a track, your rpms are high, your engine is getting hotter, all your fluids in your car get hotter, including your transmission.

Again, his street tires will do JUST FINE. Even with All Seasons. It's his first time out. He doesn't need that great of tires. I instruct at 3 tracks here in Texas (I did till I sold the Z), and I trained people in all types of cars. You don't need Summer tires to run on the track. He will never see the limits of his car till around the 3rd or so visit of him actually going to the track if he is lucky.

The RL with the SH-AWD handles fairly well and he will do just fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Im taking my RL to Daytona tomorrow! Should be a good run though. (at least on the way there).

Rolex 24hr race......

Cant wait.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
fifth gear drove it around a track and so can you! that should be fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaw8p__T62w
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Umm the car gets abused on the track. Put a temp gauge on your transmission after running around 2 laps on any 2~ mile road course and the transmission will already be much hotter than it usually is on any normal driving. When your car is at redline most of the time on a track, your rpms are high, your engine is getting hotter, all your fluids in your car get hotter, including your transmission.

Again, his street tires will do JUST FINE. Even with All Seasons. It's his first time out. He doesn't need that great of tires. I instruct at 3 tracks here in Texas (I did till I sold the Z), and I trained people in all types of cars. You don't need Summer tires to run on the track. He will never see the limits of his car till around the 3rd or so visit of him actually going to the track if he is lucky.

The RL with the SH-AWD handles fairly well and he will do just fine.
The transmission takes more of a beating on the street than the track! Heat is not what kills a transmission, too much shifting is what wears the gears down. Since there is very little shifting done at the track, the tranny doesn't suffer much. The brake fluid will be hotter than the tranny fluid. BTW, should be running at least DOT4, RL has DOT 3 in it, better make sure you change it out. The engine is a different story as heat is the enemy there.

Tires and brakes are the two most important things for the track. If they are improper or inferior, you are asking for trouble. People with cars set up for the street should leave them where they belong.

Last edited by rlerman; 01-29-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
take it!

use common sense and you will be fine. It will be something you remember and you'll have a smile on your face the whole time.

I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of instruction given, and if not ask.

if it was something like autocross solo event then you would be good. As there is only one car on a course at the time. So you should definitely ask about how to handle passing etc (if there even is passin)

just make sure that your car is in good shape. Don't push to the limit and enjoy yourself. Too bad about the track being oval, well unless they use the pits as part of the course and set up some cones.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Safety Car

The transmission takes more of a beating on the street than the track! Heat is not what kills a transmission, too much shifting is what wears the gears down. Since there is very little shifting done at the track, the tranny doesn't suffer much. The brake fluid will be hotter than the tranny fluid. BTW, should be running at least DOT4, RL has DOT 3 in it, better make sure you change it out. The engine is a different story as heat is the enemy there.

Tires and brakes are the two most important things for the track. If they are improper or inferior, you are asking for trouble. People with cars set up for the street should leave them where they belong.

WRONG! Heat is what kills transmissions. Ever wonder WHY sports cars and cars that are designed for the track have a large transmission COOLER?

You sir obviously do not have a lot of experience on the track to have knowledge in this area. So please stop spreading misinformation.

Shifting does create heat, but not near as much heat as keeping your rpms high and your transmission spinning at high speed causing heat to increase.

AGAIN, for a first time person going to the track, his TIRES will be fine. He will not be anywhere NEAR his limits or the cars. The tires will be way more forgiving for him to learn because they will let him know way in advance that they are giving up unlike performance tires. Only worry about getting some better pads, and flush the fluid like I mentioned. Please listen to someone who has experience and not someone like this above.

Another example....rear diff's need good fluid. They DO NOT SHIFT, they are just gear driven. Rear diffs fail all the time on the track because OF HEAT. That is why they make rear diff coolers. Same goes for the transmission. The hottest parts of the car when you are on the track will be in order:

Oil Temp, Water Temp, Transmission, and Diff.

Most common failures on the track, Overheating due to engine/oil temps, and next after that Transmission and Diff failures due to heat.

Last edited by pimpin-tl; 01-30-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Burning Brakes

WRONG! Heat is what kills transmissions. Ever wonder WHY sports cars and cars that are designed for the track have a large transmission COOLER?

You sir obviously do not have a lot of experience on the track to have knowledge in this area. So please stop spreading misinformation.

Shifting does create heat, but not near as much heat as keeping your rpms high and your transmission spinning at high speed causing heat to increase.

AGAIN, for a first time person going to the track, his TIRES will be fine. He will not be anywhere NEAR his limits or the cars. The tires will be way more forgiving for him to learn because they will let him know way in advance that they are giving up unlike performance tires. Only worry about getting some better pads, and flush the fluid like I mentioned. Please listen to someone who has experience and not someone like this above.

Another example....rear diff's need good fluid. They DO NOT SHIFT, they are just gear driven. Rear diffs fail all the time on the track because OF HEAT. That is why they make rear diff coolers. Same goes for the transmission. The hottest parts of the car when you are on the track will be in order:

Oil Temp, Water Temp, Transmission, and Diff.

Most common failures on the track, Overheating due to engine/oil temps, and next after that Transmission and Diff failures due to heat.
You are not going to burn your transmission on the track doing 25 minute runs if you have the proper fluid in it, give me a break. The most common tranny problem at the track is from a mis-shift at high rpms (e.g., accidently shifing from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th,) which could also blow your engine.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Safety Car

You are not going to burn your transmission on the track doing 25 minute runs if you have the proper fluid in it, give me a break. The most common tranny problem at the track is from a mis-shift at high rpms (e.g., accidently shifing from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th,) which could also blow your engine.

Sir, we are discussing automatics, not manuals. Manuals can take the heat, unlike autos they can not. You can't mis-shift a auto.

Yes proper fluid, thank you for repeating what I mentioned earlier.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Wow, what a great thread. sadlerau, thanks for your description of your track day. That sounds really fun! I would not have considered it, myself.....that's what an S2000 is for.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

I usually opt for this on track day..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
look - you're allla right to a degree. for the OP, who may take his Street setup RL to a track - assuming he doens't push it to the limit lap after lap after lap - the odds are his stock RL will make it around the track in one piece, and assuming he does this for a handful of laps, and never does it again - i doubt the car will suffer in the long run..

will it be as much fun as taking an S2000 or a Vette to a track... no.

but he CAN do it.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Instructor

I've Signed up for the track day. It will be sometime in march and ill have till then to get my car ready. Hopefully i can get someone to take pictures and such while i do this, and then ill post them later

I really dont plan on pushing the car too hard cause i dont want to break anything.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Advanced

If your car is serviced properly, well maintained, and you drive it sensibly you wont have any problems, except for brake rotor warping if you really push the braking capabilities of the car too often per lap.

My partner has used the Legend for 3 track days since my first foray [and yes the rotors needed skimming after my session], she's a neewbie to circuit driving, and because she doesnt approach the limits of the car to any degree, the car remains totally un-fussed. Doesn't mean she doesn't get it totally sideways from lack of trying! She does tend to leave her braking too late, but because she doesn't brake hard enough she truns in carrying too much speed and the car begins to rotate! But before she is quick enough to react, the VSA kicks in and straightens the car, by which time it has washed off enough speed to scramble around the corner! Great fun to watch from inside the car, but it makes her look so much better than she is from outside [and probably from behind the wheel]. Not going terribly fast in real track terms, but she IS having fun!

The only rider to all of the above, and it is an obvious one is tyre wear

neuronbob my "track" car is a proper '90 Civic race car, and my usual track time is serious testing, or trying to win races
Old 02-06-2010, 01:34 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
AGAIN, for a first time person going to the track, his TIRES will be fine. He will not be anywhere NEAR his limits or the cars. The tires will be way more forgiving for him to learn because they will let him know way in advance that they are giving up unlike performance tires.
Good advice! Fact is...the more race oriented the tires are...the less a newbie can figure out what he/she did wrong. Slicks for example....you could damn near have a pro driver with you...and if they were not paying damned close attention to what you were doing...once you spin out or begin to spin...NOBODY can tell you WTF you did wrong it happens so fast!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
4th Gear

I highly recommend going to a DE (Driver Education) track event with your car. But, be sure to find a well run event, like PCA (Porsche Club of America) or BMW club , etc. that will have certified instructors riding with you. (many of their events will allow other makes of cars) In the green group you will have other newbies out there, and quite possibly will end up passing people in their brand new first Porsche Boxster, etc. The rules are strict on passing. Anybody who is being stupid and goes off track will be black flagged and talked to or sent home. You will find yourself driving faster, braking harder, turning faster, than you ever have done on the street (unless you are incredibly stupid) - AND, you will find yourself likely driving slower on the street after completing your track days. It is quite a rush to drive your car, almost any car, in a controlled and safe environment on the track. Absolutely, Positively, do the required items on the Tech Inspection, especially the brake fluid flush even if it has been only 6 months since the last service.
There are insurance companies that will provide track day insurance (Lankton is one) at a reasonable cost if that is a concern for you. I use it.
I am signing up my wife for a DE this year with her new '05 RL. Even though she swears she doesn't want to race, I am positive she will love it.
I am now up into the Yellow and Red groups with my Porsche C4 (still a daily driver at this point), adding safety items and track enhancements; but that's another tale.

Have Fun, Be Safe

Last edited by dws964; 02-06-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added wife....
Old 02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

got any links to such events?

I would definitely be interested to be on a real track.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH
got any links to such events?

I would definitely be interested to be on a real track.
Search for Driver Eduation or HPDE

http://www.pca.org/Calendar/PCACalendar.aspx

or try searching in clubregistration.net

My local favorite is Putnam Park road course.

Have Fun, Be Safe
Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Well track day is this Friday. I hit a pot hole and got a lump in one of my tires so i changed them all out. 2 were pretty worn down.
Put in new pads on my front brakes which were down to their last bit , rears are still 60%
Did a mobile 1 full synthetic oil change.
Transmission fluid was flushed at 62k im at 77k now so i should be good with that.
Borrowed a helmet from my friend
I think im set to go
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

good luck and remember to get pics/video.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts
keep us posted and stay safe.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Burning Brakes

New street tires are not ideal for the track., r compounds are different story.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DurgyNess
Well track day is this Friday. I hit a pot hole and got a lump in one of my tires so i changed them all out. 2 were pretty worn down.
Put in new pads on my front brakes which were down to their last bit , rears are still 60%
Did a mobile 1 full synthetic oil change.
Transmission fluid was flushed at 62k im at 77k now so i should be good with that.
Borrowed a helmet from my friend
I think im set to go
How about brake fluid? Be a good idea to put at least some new synthetic fluid in there. Valvoline is a good one from the auto parts and will get you by for now.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

New street tires are not ideal for the track., r compounds are different story.
Most tracks will not allow a novice to run R Compounds until they have more experience. Due to safety they are not forgiving. He is safer on street tires and will do just fine. Remember he isn't driving a sports car. It's a luxury car, so what he has will be fine.

Here is a picture of when I last went...in my old car before I retired it for now.

Last edited by pimpin-tl; 03-10-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Indian Acura Driver

I took my EL to an official track thing, so yours won't be an issue.

I have also used the RL in one, A-Spec suspension, and it was absolutely a blast, now the track I was had a variety of different turns and whatnot, I don't know if you're doing an oval what, but it's totally fun.

The fifth gear thing is pretty right, and I will say that with the A-Spec suspension, it's kind of disturbingly fast compared to the normal one. Not only that, but the oversteer he mentions...oh yeah, that shows up. And it's fun as hell when it does.

Quick Reply: Should i take my RL to Track Day