Shoe scuff mark

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shoe scuff mark

I scuffed the toe of my rubber soled shoe on the map pocket door when stepping out of my RL. You'd think this would be a simple thing to remove, but I've tried the basic cleaning strategies and the scuff doesn't seem to go away. Any ideas as to a particular cleaning product or strategy that will remove the scuff mark? It's just a surface mark and should be removeable.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:36 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how about scuffing on the seat base plastic by the heel of the shoe? Both of them happen to me very often. I just wipe them off using a moist microfiber towel and it works fine for me.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cwdonahue
I scuffed the toe of my rubber soled shoe on the map pocket door when stepping out of my RL. You'd think this would be a simple thing to remove, but I've tried the basic cleaning strategies and the scuff doesn't seem to go away. Any ideas as to a particular cleaning product or strategy that will remove the scuff mark? It's just a surface mark and should be removeable.

Thanks.

Leather cleaner works for me.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Instructor

This is your lucky day my friend, I have a camel interior and it seems anyone who gets into my car drags their feet when getting out. The answer is called the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. You can get them at K-mart or Walmart. They are white on the bottom and blue on the top. You slightly wet the white surface and just wipe them across the scuff mark and whola, its gone. They will not harm the plastic, but it does have the friction to pull off the mark. But there is no need to scrub, they do all the work. I have been using them to remove scuff marks on my TL map pockets and lower interior door pieces for over a year now.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JERU
The answer is called the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. You can get them at K-mart or Walmart.
I was wondering about trying one of these babies 'cause they are simply amazing around the house. Nice to have someone else test these things "just in case"
Old 08-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Thank you, JERU. I'll give Mr. Clean a try.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Mr. Clean doesn't do the job!

OK. I tried Mr. Clean and he didn't cut the mustard on this one. The scuff looks more like I scraped some thin plastic coating off of the map pocket. I'm wondering if I need to go in a different direction and try some low lustre armor-all type product to treat this. I'd like to find something that has a flat finish that matches the ret of the plastic bits in the interior. Any thoughts out there?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Instructor

OK. I tried Mr. Clean and he didn't cut the mustard on this one. The scuff looks more like I scraped some thin plastic coating off of the map pocket. I'm wondering if I need to go in a different direction and try some low lustre armor-all type product to treat this. I'd like to find something that has a flat finish that matches the ret of the plastic bits in the interior. Any thoughts out there?
Microfiber towel with 409 Orange cleaner works for me. Lots of rubbing, but the mark comes off in the end.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Cruisin'

I also have scuff marks on the seat pockets of my TSX. I use just a wet towel but it reappears and rub it really hard...

I think next time I will choose a beige interior color to make the marks less noticeable.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Instructor

Someone must have really dinged that map pocket. I have not had a problem using Mr. Clean with water to get off scuff marks. I keep one in my trunk and it has not failed me yet. Oh well, you may want to make everyone wear slippers while riding in your car in the future