Service departments

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Service departments

I know many people here despise their service departments with the dealer. I curious though, for those of you who take your RL in for service, do you have a 'good' relationship with a service advisor? If so, have you considered giving them anything as a gift for the holiday season? (trying to be PC) I ask because an RL owner was discussing this with me a while ago and said that he usually gives his service advisor a bottle of wine or a gift card to a nice place to eat.

As much as I hate my Acura dealer, my actual service advisors are excellent to deal with and very friendly. They are not up to lexus caliber, but they also don't charge lexus prices for me to complain that much.

I was thinking about giving them each a $50 gift card to macaroni grill or something like that - and giving my sales guy a pile of shit (thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=rant )
Old 12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Why just the holidays? Bring in a dozen donuts and a box of DnD coffee whenever you go in (as long as you have an AM appointment).
Old 12-10-2005, 10:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I suppose if you worked with a single S.A. with every visit, you should slip the person a gift for x-mas, the same thing you'd do for your newspaper carrier or mailman.

Instead of buying a dozen donuts and a pack of coffee (again, you probably deal with one S.A. and not the entire gang...and buying for the entire gang can be $$$ or just giving donuts/coffee to only one person can make the others feel left out), buy your S.A. a gift card to a local DnD, Starbucks, or Krispy Kreme.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bkw
Why just the holidays? Bring in a dozen donuts and a box of DnD coffee whenever you go in (as long as you have an AM appointment).

I never though about that OTOH, I usually drop my car off the night before my appointment.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Michael Wan
I suppose if you worked with a single S.A. with every visit, you should slip the person a gift for x-mas, the same thing you'd do for your newspaper carrier or mailman.
My mailman won't get anything from any of us (the entire subdivision) until he starts delivering the mail to the right people. Every day I get my neighbors mail (well everybody on the street) and they get our mail. Sometime in the evening we end up re-delivering mail to everybody on the street so everybody gets their own mail.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:22 PM

maybe you should give him something as an encouragement to do better.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Tried that a couple years ago.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vp911
My mailman won't get anything from any of us (the entire subdivision) until he starts delivering the mail to the right people. Every day I get my neighbors mail (well everybody on the street) and they get our mail. Sometime in the evening we end up re-delivering mail to everybody on the street so everybody gets their own mail.
Didn't know you lived in my zip code vp911!

We have this problem too. Finally I have the direct line to the guy in charge and he seems interested in fixing it. He wants me to call him every time it happens. The bastards should get fired, of course but that isn't going to happen.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Suzuka Master

I tried working with the guy in charge - in fact all of us in the neighborhood have, but it just doesn't get better. We all gave up eventually.

I guess I will get something for the service advisors, not sure what though. Gift card to.. where?

I have to go in to get the SRS system checked out and I have an annoying rattle from the dash somewhere.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:20 PM
10th Gear

My service manager and I have the best of relationships, the entire group at Frank Leta in St. Louis always seem to go the extra mile to make you satisfied. This service department would be the reason I buy again from them.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Didn't know you lived in my zip code vp911!
Huh? VP911 doesn't even live close to wear you live...unless you really aren't in San Jose.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Michael Wan
Huh? VP911 doesn't even live close to wear you live...unless you really aren't in San Jose.
I live in San Jose and I have no idea where vp911 lives. Thanks for the laugh though.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Nocturnal - I understood the joke.

Michael - he was talking about the poor delivery service of the postal service.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

Service - Acura and USPS

I can't complain about service at my Acura Dealer. Friendly, concerned and timely responses have been the rule thus far.
As to my friendly neighborhood mail carrier, quite a different story. Complaints regarding mis-delivered, stolen and tampered with mail are completely blown off with "We apologize for the inconvenience but there's nothing we will do about it." Now in January we can pay an additional .02 for sub-standard and lack of service.
Since verbal complaints seem insignificant to them, I have done what more and more people seem to be doing and switched all financial statements, utility bills and all correspondence possible to e-mail. I also pay everything possible with E-mail and credit cards. Shipping of items to and from me are also done UPS, FEDEX and any alternate carrier. This has resulted in more than $100 per year NOT going to USPS from only me. I will enjoy watching the USPS ship go down and it probably won't take that much longer.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by grimie09
I can't complain about service at my Acura Dealer. Friendly, concerned and timely responses have been the rule thus far.
As to my friendly neighborhood mail carrier, quite a different story. Complaints regarding mis-delivered, stolen and tampered with mail are completely blown off with "We apologize for the inconvenience but there's nothing we will do about it." Now in January we can pay an additional .02 for sub-standard and lack of service.
Since verbal complaints seem insignificant to them, I have done what more and more people seem to be doing and switched all financial statements, utility bills and all correspondence possible to e-mail. I also pay everything possible with E-mail and credit cards. Shipping of items to and from me are also done UPS, FEDEX and any alternate carrier. This has resulted in more than $100 per year NOT going to USPS from only me. I will enjoy watching the USPS ship go down and it probably won't take that much longer.
Which dealer do you use in SoCal? I am in the market for one, as I am ready to have the latest TSBs applied. Feel free to IM me if you are uncomfortable posting the dealer name. BTW, I have the sdame problem with the postal "service", but it has resulted in more frequent communications with my neighbors!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Intermediate

Since It has been good dealings so far, no problem saying It has been with Tom at Acura of Riverside.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
I reading in my paper here on Long Island and in the Auto Section is this:

New Mercedes Benz of Massapequa is a new $20 million facility which has:

- In-house health club ( yes, a health club)
- Health food bar
- Internet cafe
- Quiet library
- Pool table and game room
- Zero-wait service
-100% New Mercedes Loaner cars
- Valet pick-up and delivery service

My dealer is good and never had a problem, their waiting room is something like 20 feet by 20 feet, guess it doesn't come close to this. Now we know why they charge some much for their cars.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by frainc
I reading in my paper here on Long Island and in the Auto Section is this:

New Mercedes Benz of Massapequa is a new $20 million facility which has:

- In-house health club ( yes, a health club)
- Health food bar
- Internet cafe
- Quiet library
- Pool table and game room
- Zero-wait service
-100% New Mercedes Loaner cars
- Valet pick-up and delivery service

My dealer is good and never had a problem, their waiting room is something like 20 feet by 20 feet, guess it doesn't come close to this. Now we know why they charge some much for their cars.
Damn. Our benz dealer doesn't have that. The benz dealer sales guy saw me in the showroom and told me "you can't afford to buy our cars" So I showed him my 3 month old FX35 - loaded (roughly 45k) and said, yeah? Well that's my most recent purchase, I guess I will take my $50k check down to the BMW dealer, walked out. I guess that is the kind of treatment you get when you are young
Old 12-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Racer

Arogant bastards!

Here in the bay area the dealers know not to discount anyone who comes through the door. It's gotten a little 'better' but certainly during the boom there were lots of kids in shorts and tennis shoes buying $50K+ cars.

'My' Acura dealer has a nice customer lounge as well. No massage service but there's a couch and TV and reading material. Thankfully I haven't spent any time there yet though