1969 Plymouth Furry III
1996 Honda Accord EX V6
1998 Honda Accord EX V8
So Honda makes a V-8 after all, they just hid it in the Accord of the 90's
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
- 1986 Honda Accord DX (Sold with 200K)
- 1988 Honda Accord DX (Sold after accident)
- 1994 Honda Civic EX Coupe (Sold with 160K)
- 2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Traded for RL)
- 2004 Honda Pilot EX w/ RES (Traded in for Sienna)
- 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE (Present- Wife's)
- 2006 Acura RL Non-Tech (Present- My Ride)

I guess I have owed a Honda for 72% of my life. They are great cars!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:29 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In order of ownership with notes:
84 dodge 400 - First car, it talked!
86 chevy (isuzu) spectrum - When the dodge died, got this for $500
86 CRX - my first Honda, had it for a year and sold it for american muscle
87 Mustang LX 5.0 - piece of shit, but was vortec sc'd
88 GMC Safari - luv machine, hand-me-down from the parents
88 CRX HF - The rice begins, b18b transplant
93 Integra GS - n2o, stolen twice
98 Integra GS-R - then Honda said that the ITR was coming, so I traded her in.
98 Integra type-R - high comp + turbo & n2o = my biggest headache ever.
99 A4 1.8TQ - apr 3+
93 RX7 R1 - project car that I gave up on after a year.
01 S2000 - Loved this car, comptech sc'd
88 325is - beater
90 Accord LX Coupe - winter beater
88 CRX Si - beater/h22a experiment, then b20vtec experiment
-got married-
97 Civic LX - wife's dd
03 Honda Element - after Civic, her DD
94 Accord LX Coupe - another winter beater
05 RL (current) - wife's current car
06 LS430 - brain fart
98 M3 - track car
07 MDX - smacked into guardrail, rip.
07 Mazdaspeed3 (current) - current daily driver

and for my bikes,
93 CBR600F2 - almost died on this one
97 CBR900RR - first bike after the accident owned for one summer and then traded it in for..
97 ZX7R - fun bike, but felt I was getting a bit too old for rice rockets
99 Ducati 748S - the italian obsession begins
01 Ducati 750 Monster - the italian obsession ends.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In order of ownership:

1990 Chrysler LeBaron red Convertible – every couple of weeks at the mechanic
1992 Mazda MPV Van – roomy and safe
1996 Dodge Caravan – more room
1995 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 TT AWD AWS – I regret ever selling that beast, 2 tickets in 9 months
1998 Honda Civic 4Dr EX –Great gas mileage, and a great car
2005 Cadillac Escalade 6.0 AWD – luxurious gas guzzler
2006 Acura RL (CMBS/PAX) – one word: “Nirvana”
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 PM
donnie

1997 Ford Expedition XLT ( first car bought it used when i was 15.5 wanted more candy from day one, then it nickle and dimed me to death and i sold it)

2003 Expedition Eddie Bauer ( Cleaned my bank account out so I could be the first one in town with the new body style. Ended up being worse then the first one, within the first year the air suspension was replaced three times, the alternater went on it, the reverse mirrors kept going down and they ticked for about five mintutes while driving down the road in Drive, and it loved going into "limp home mode" locking me into second gear, not the best thing to happen when i still had a cerfew and was places i said i wasnt. oh and the best was the leather flaking off to this netting like meterial when it hit twelve thousand miles. The dealers responce was that it was normal wear and tear for a fourty five thousand doller suv to show aging of that nature within one year. Needless to say they never offered a service loaner, they had the luxury of shuttle service in a windstar minivan... REAL CUTE! anyways that was the last american car i will ever buy again. I work hard for my money and want something that lets you know the person making it gave a shit about their job and took pride in their work. I felt so horrible leaving it there. It didnt belong there it should be going home in the garage.... So all said and done the trucking company's insurance gave me a thousand less then i paid for it, thanks to Kelly Blue Book and acura's resale values, they werent able to screw me over on its "current value".. So i was moving to nyc within a week for a one year schooling program and did not need a car. So i depsited the bank and let it collect interest.

2004 Acura TL auto with navi, ssm over ebony. ( First car i ever bought and could not have been happier, I smiled every time i got into it. I thought i would miss all the room my monstrous suv's had but i never missed them one bit. The voice activated everything was imho the sweetest thing to ever come out. The car was a rocket unless it was raining... Um other then that it was amazing. Then comes the nightmare of all nightmares.. I was driving on a highway down to pittsburgh with my friends we had just graduated and we were going out to eat. So were driving, and i was following one of my friends in her jeep and in front of her was this scrappy astro van with a ladder on the roof. Well the ladder on the roof wasnt secured properly and fell off onto the highway. So instead of him pulling over he stops in the middle of the three lane highway and gets out to retrieve his ladder. Someone stopped behind him then my friend in front of me stopped and then i ofcoarse got my TL stopped a good car length behind. We were stuck there really with cars zooming past about 65-70mph. then out of no-where this semi comes up from behind us and rearends my TL doing between 45 and 50 mph. The car was crushed completely the whole crumple zone was utilized and then some. The whole backend was crush up past the back window which was shattered but stayed in place. My friends and me all walked out just shaken up without a bruise, cut, broken bone... Nothing. After I got out and realized just what happened i saw my car.. cried, had a nervous breakdown... the works! I was taken to the hospital because i had got myself so wound up i couldnt stop shaking. When i was sitting in the emergency room waiting for my perants i can remember a nurse coming into work late and apologizing. She said that there was what she believed a fatal accident on the highway she had taken to work, "a new acura completely crushed" They pointed to me and she apologized as they gave me some valium to calm me down while i was waiting for my parents to come pick me up..... At that time i never loved a car that much. The car was totaled out, I had never been so upset in my life as i was that night cleaning my possesions out of it while it was sitting in the middle of a salvage yard surrounded by scrap old cars.

2005 Aspec RL NBP over Ebony---By far the most amazing car in the entire world. The car never has any problems, and it performs amazingly. No torque steer, i can take off at stoplights now even in the rain with no wheel spin at all. I drive it all year in any weather condition. I can still get to work in the worst of winter conditions before the plow trucks are out. The car has never let me down once. It is beautiful and I get lots of stares as well as complements on it. The handling is awesome! Not one mustang, trans am, eclipse or any other "punk" cars can keep up with this around the corners, bends, onramps etc. My moms S65 amg is always going in for whatever reason and mine that costed a third of hers runs flawlessly. I seriously think the RL is beyond underappreciated and i think dealers and the marketing devision needs to start showing the aspec model of the RL. I never thought an RL could look so amazing. Not that theres anything wrong with a stock RL but if i came to a lot and there was a regular RL next to a regular TL i would more then likely go look at the TL. I think alot of 5 series buyers would seriously look into the RL if they knew they could see just how amazing they can look. The 5 series too can look very boring, i have seen alot of really gross 5's. The base models steel wheels are prolly the worst i have ever seen. I believe any car can look amazing or awful you just need to know how to pick out the colors, options, wheels etc..
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
donnie

I messed up the first time. here we go again.

1997 Ford Expedition XLT ( first car bought it used when i was 15.5 wanted more candy from day one, then it nickle and dimed me to death and i sold it)

2003 Expedition Eddie Bauer ( Cleaned my bank account out so I could be the first one in town with the new body style. Ended up being worse then the first one, within the first year the air suspension was replaced three times, the alternater went on it, the reverse mirrors kept going down and they ticked for about five mintutes while driving down the road in Drive, and it loved going into "limp home mode" locking me into second gear, not the best thing to happen when i still had a cerfew and was places i said i wasnt. oh and the best was the leather flaking off to this netting like meterial when it hit twelve thousand miles. The dealers responce was that it was normal wear and tear for a fourty five thousand doller suv to show aging of that nature within one year. Needless to say they never offered a service loaner, they had the luxury of shuttle service in a windstar minivan... REAL CUTE! anyways that was the last american car i will ever buy again. I work hard for my money and want something that lets you know the person making it gave a shit about their job and took pride in their work.

2004 Acura TL auto with navi, ssm over ebony. ( First car i ever bought and could not have been happier, I smiled every time i got into it. I thought i would miss all the room my monstrous suv's had but i never missed them one bit. The voice activated everything was imho the sweetest thing to ever come out. The car was a rocket unless it was raining... Um other then that it was amazing. Then comes the nightmare of all nightmares.. I was driving on a highway down to pittsburgh with my friends we had just graduated and we were going out to eat. So were driving, and i was following one of my friends in her jeep and in front of her was this scrappy astro van with a ladder on the roof. Well the ladder on the roof wasnt secured properly and fell off onto the highway. So instead of him pulling over he stops in the middle of the three lane highway and gets out to retrieve his ladder. Someone stopped behind him then my friend in front of me stopped and then i ofcoarse got my TL stopped a good car length behind. We were stuck there really with cars zooming past about 65-70mph. then out of no-where this semi comes up from behind us and rearends my TL doing between 45 and 50 mph. The car was crushed completely the whole crumple zone was utilized and then some. The whole backend was crush up past the back window which was shattered but stayed in place. My friends and me all walked out just shaken up without a bruise, cut, broken bone... Nothing. After I got out and realized just what happened i saw my car.. cried, had a nervous breakdown... the works! I was taken to the hospital because i had got myself so wound up i couldnt stop shaking. When i was sitting in the emergency room waiting for my perants i can remember a nurse coming into work late and apologizing. She said that there was what she believed a fatal accident on the highway she had taken to work, "a new acura completely crushed" They pointed to me and she apologized as they gave me some valium to calm me down while i was waiting for my parents to come pick me up..... At that time i never loved a car that much. The car was totaled out, I had never been so upset in my life as i was that night cleaning my possesions out of it while it was sitting in the middle of a salvage yard surrounded by scrap old cars.I felt so horrible leaving it there. It didnt belong there it should be going home in the garage.... So all said and done the trucking company's insurance gave me a thousand less then i paid for it, thanks to Kelly Blue Book and acura's resale values, they werent able to screw me over on its "current value".. So i was moving to nyc within a week for a one year schooling program and did not need a car. So i deposited the bank and let it collect interest.

2005 Aspec RL NBP over Ebony---By far the most amazing car in the entire world. The car never has any problems, and it performs amazingly. No torque steer, i can take off at stoplights now even in the rain with no wheel spin at all. I drive it all year in any weather condition. I can still get to work in the worst of winter conditions before the plow trucks are out. The car has never let me down once. It is beautiful and I get lots of stares as well as complements on it. The handling is awesome! Not one mustang, trans am, eclipse or any other "punk" cars can keep up with this around the corners, bends, onramps etc. My moms S65 amg is always going in for whatever reason and mine that costed a third of hers runs flawlessly. I seriously think the RL is beyond underappreciated and i think dealers and the marketing devision needs to start showing the aspec model of the RL. I never thought an RL could look so amazing. Not that theres anything wrong with a stock RL but if i came to a lot and there was a regular RL next to a regular TL i would more then likely go look at the TL. I think alot of 5 series buyers would seriously look into the RL if they knew they could see just how amazing they can look. The 5 series too can look very boring, i have seen alot of really gross 5's. The base models steel wheels are prolly the worst i have ever seen. I believe any car can look amazing or awful you just need to know how to pick out the colors, options, wheels etc..
Old 07-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by miner
1969 Plymouth Furry III
1974 Dodge Coronet
1975 Dodge Charger 440
1979 Hurst Olds Cutlass
1986 Jeep Cherokee
1989 Park Avenue
1993 Honda Accord DX
1995 Honda Accord EX
1996 Honda Accord EX V6
1998 Honda Accord EX V8
1999 Honda Prelude
2004 Acura TSX
2004 Acura RSX-S
2006 Acura RL
2008 Acura TSX on order
My best buddy had a 1973 Plymouth Fury sedan. This was 1978 after Star Wars just hit the screen. The car's name was "The Battle Star". This car was huge! Great for road trips with 4 guys.

Ahh, I miss those days when our cars actually had nicknames Your car was a part of the family. You took care of it when it got "sick", and fixed it yourself in the driveway on weekends. Now, when the warranty runs out, or the first problem appears, (whichever comes first) we chuck them
Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Racer

1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S (AE86) - RWD - first production 4-valve engine
1994 Toyota 4Runner SR-5 *
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited *
2006 Acura RL
2008 Buick Enclave CXL*

* wife

I'm 39 and, as you can see, I've only owned 3 cars. My wife's the one who keeps getting new cars. Not listed is my wife's 1987 Hyundai Excel that she owned before we got her the 4Runner.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by gavine
1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S (AE86) - RWD - first production 4-valve engine
1994 Toyota 4Runner SR-5 *
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited *
2006 Acura RL
2008 Buick Enclave CXL*

* wife

I'm 39 and, as you can see, I've only owned 3 cars. My wife's the one who keeps getting new cars. Not listed is my wife's 1987 Hyundai Excel that she owned before we got her the 4Runner.
Hey Gavine, what do you think of teh Enclave so far? It looks good from the outside and got some good reviews. Also, I read it has "remote start". What does that mean exactly? Do you still need a key to start it from inside the car? I'm looking for a crossover to replace my Sienna but I want luxury. The MDX is just not exciting me.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
My best buddy had a 1973 Plymouth Fury sedan. This was 1978 after Star Wars just hit the screen. The car's name was "The Battle Star". This car was huge! Great for road trips with 4 guys.

Ahh, I miss those days when our cars actually had nicknames Your car was a part of the family. You took care of it when it got "sick", and fixed it yourself in the driveway on weekends. Now, when the warranty runs out, or the first problem appears, (whichever comes first) we chuck them
Yes, the '69 Fury was huge also. You could actually have fun with 'the date' and not get leg cramps. The car only had a 318CI in it but it could run good with my friends '72 LTD with a 350ci. I could actually sit in the engine compartment while changing the plugs and cleaning the carb.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by miner
I could actually sit in the engine compartment while changing the plugs and cleaning the carb.
Now that just brought a rush of memories back Yea, you could actually look into the engine compartment and see the ground below you. Plenty of room to manuever your tools and do work. Now, forget about it. When I open the hood of the RL I say "where's the engine?" It must be in here somewhere. How could a teenager EVER work on his car himself.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Racer

Hey Gavine, what do you think of teh Enclave so far? It looks good from the outside and got some good reviews. Also, I read it has "remote start". What does that mean exactly? Do you still need a key to start it from inside the car? I'm looking for a crossover to replace my Sienna but I want luxury. The MDX is just not exciting me.
SpiceyMikey,

We love the Enclave. It's no RL but I'm surprised at how well it rides and handles. It's very quiet and looks very nice as well. We get tons of compliments on it. I thought I would never buy an American car but we're happy so far. We've had it since May and have had zero problems, which is rare for a new model at introduction.

The remote start allows you to start the car with the FOB. You then have to insert the key and turn it, in order to put it in drive. You also need the key to start it even if you don't use the remote start (no smart key) What's nice about it though, is that the A/C automatically goes on full-blast when you do the remote start and then as soon as you turn the key, it steps-down to your last settings.

It has a lot of luxury features and has a MID display with oil life indicator, etc.

I'm impressed with it. My only complaint is that the ride is a little "bouncy" which isn't so bad except for the fact that when you go-over bumps and dips in the road, your foot can't help but move the accelerator so it makes it jump even more.

PM me if you want to discuss further or email me at info@emeraldislandgem.com.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Go Big Blue!

Hey dude, thanks for the info. Like I said, I'm still fishing around and keeping my options open. Thanks for the offer to talk more offline. I'll take you up on that.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

My wife is also cross shopping the enclave & mdx. We are just waiting on her river house to sell. If any one wants to be Paula Deen's neighbor I can get her a new Cake mobile. PS I am glad I started thread with people bitching back & forth ad to wheter they leased or purchased their prioe rides & how stupid others were for not doing how they would haaave done it.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
34) 2006 Acura RL
33) 2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX (Atomic Blue)
32) 2004 Acura TL (Satin Silver)
31) 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G (White)
30) 2003 Cadillac CTS (Blue Onyz)
29) 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Red)
28) 2001 Ford Escape XLT (Red)
27) 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 (Sangria Red)
26) 1999 Ford Taurus SHO (Silver)
25) 1999 Ford Mustang GT (Red)
24) 1998 Ford Explorer Sport (Red)
23) 1997 Ford Escort LX (Aquamarine)
22) 1996 Ford Taurus SHO (Silver)
21) 1996 Ford Taurus GL (Silver)
20) 1995 Ford Mustang GT (Sapphire Blue)
19) 1995 Ford Escort GT (Green)
18) 1993 Ford Taurus SHO (Silver) -
17) 1992 Pontiac Cutlass Supreme S (Red)
16) 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC (Black)
15) 1988 Ford Thunderbird LX (Silver)
14) 1987 Ford Taurus LX (Silver)
13) 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT (Red)
12) 1985 Ford Tempo GLX (Gray)
11) 1985 GMC Safari Van (Blue)
10) 1984 Pontiac Firebird TransAm HO (Red)
9) 1984 Pontiac Indy Fiero Pace Car (White)
8) 1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Pace Car (Blue)
7) 1980 Chevrolet Citation (Blue)
6) 1979 Ford Mustang (Gray)
5) 1977 Ford Econoline Van 150 (Blue)
4) 1975 Ford Galaxie 500 (Red)
3) 1970 Ford Pinto (Blue)
2) 1970 Ford Mustang Fastback (Red)
1) 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 (Blue)
Old 07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Talking

Rexorg,,,, I hope you are proud of yourself. You personally supported FoMoCo through 2001. Once you abandoned them, the tailspin began.

*teasing*
Old 07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Go Big Blue!

So, you owned a Pinto.

Dude, you have paid your dues. I'm sure there's a special place in heaven for Pinto owners somewhere.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure there's a special place in heaven for Pinto owners somewhere.
To which several of them were prematurely delivered by their cars.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
1970 Cuda
1970 Plymouth Fury
1972 F150
1970 AAR Cuda
1972 240Z
1978 242GT Volvo
1980 Dodge Van
1976 911S
1979 911SC
1986 Toyota Four Runner
1984 930
1986 Honda Accord
1996 911 Carrera (Wide Body)
1994 911 RS America
2000 528 (Sport Wagon) ***
1994 C2 Turbo ***
1995 M3
2000 CBR 1000F ***
2005 RL ***

I left out all the old bikes.....

*** current vehicles
Old 07-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
34) 2006 Acura RL (White) (Bought out lease)
33) 2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX (Atomic Blue)*
32) 2004 Acura TL (Satin Silver)
31) 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G (White)
30) 2003 Cadillac CTS (Blue Onyz)
29) 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Red)
28) 2001 Ford Escape XLT (Red) **
27) 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 (Sangria Red)*
26) 1999 Ford Taurus SHO (Silver)
25) 1999 Ford Mustang GT (Red)
24) 1998 Ford Explorer Sport (Red)
23) 1997 Ford Escort LX (Aquamarine) *
22) 1996 Ford Taurus SHO (Silver)
21) 1996 Ford Taurus GL (Silver) *** (Used)
20) 1995 Ford Mustang GT (Sapphire Blue) (Lease)
19) 1995 Ford Escort GT (Green) *** (Used)
18) 1993 Ford Taurus SHO (Silver)
17) 1992 Pontiac Cutlass Supreme S (Red) * & *** (Used)
16) 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC (Black)
15) 1988 Ford Thunderbird LX (Silver)
14) 1987 Ford Taurus LX (Silver) * (Used)
13) 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT (Red)
12) 1985 Ford Tempo GLX (Gray) *** (Used)
11) 1985 GMC Safari Van (Blue & Silver) **
10) 1984 Pontiac Firebird TransAm HO (Red)
9) 1984 Pontiac Indy Fiero Pace Car (White)
8) 1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Pace Car (Blue & Silver)
7) 1980 Chevrolet Citation (Blue) *
6) 1979 Ford Mustang (Gray)
5) 1977 Ford Econoline Van 150 (Blue)
4) 1975 Ford Galaxie 500 (Red)
3) 1970 Ford Pinto (Blue) *
2) 1970 Ford Mustang Fastback (Red)
1) 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 (Blue)** (Used/gift)

*= Wife's
** = Mine and Wife's
*** = Kid's
Old 07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

Seems like the classic SHO has been popular with owners. Hard to bwleive the RL has more power, but not the rush that the ols SHO seemed to have, I wonder if Leno still has the fiesta with thhe sho motor wedged between the rear wheels.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Moto Enthusiast

1990 Toyota Celica: Highschool and college beater that I took off my parents. 5-speed manual with no AC. Fun to drive but sucked ass during summers. Sold it to my uncle and still runs today as far as I know.

2001 Lexus IS300: Fell in love with this car after playing the original GranTurismo on the Playstation. Had big dreams to modify it and go big turbo. It remains stock to this day. Sold it to my little brother.

2002 Lexus RX300: I loved the looks of this generation. It was also the first vehicle I had with navigation and thought it to be a godsend. Sold it to my dad.

2004 BMW 330ci: I was always curious about German cars and wanted to know what the big deal was. Found a great deal on a used 330ci and drove it around for quite a bit. It was a sexy coupe with great handling and faster than my IS300. In contrast to what people kept saying about reliability, it didn't really have too many problems. My sister needed a car, so I sold it to her.

2005 Acura RL: Yet another great deal for Acura's flagship model. This had all the bells and whistles I thought I could ever want or need. I cross shopped it between a GS300AWD, M35x, A6, and 530xi. Nothing could come close to the price per performance ratio. It was a bargain. Coupled with the AWD system, I figured this to be my luxury cruiser. Now I'm bored and looking to get rid of it.

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800: To quench the boredom, I took my first step into the world of motorcycles. I always had the need for speed and figured motorcycles would be the way to go. The Ducati has a classic timeless look that will never go out of style. It's easy around town and in the twisties. Being very mod friendly, I can see myself dumping a ton money into this thing. Plus, it's Italian.

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line: Wanting something a bit smaller with AWD than the RL, yet not wanting to go the boy racer route (WRX, EVO), I decided to go for the Audi. I loved the looks and enjoyed the fact that there weren't too many on the road. I've since chipped it, dropped it with coilovers, took out the cat, installed a full exhaust, and put on 18" wheels. It's a blast to drive and i get compliments where ever I go. Similarly to the BMW, despite naysayers, I haven't had any problems with the Audi.

2007 Triumph Daytona 675: Me go fast. That's it. Not as comfortable as the Monster, but boy, what a blast to ride. My need for speed is thoroughly quenched with this British Bombshell.

Despite the temptation of getting an E92 M3, B7 RS4, or something similar amongst the high performance luxury car classes, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm content. The motorcycles pretty much do it for me, and I'm now looking forward to getting involved with track days. I'd probably get a Ducati 1098S and mod the hell out of it before buying another new car. So what's in the future? I'll probably get rid of the RL and get something like a Nissan Frontier Nismo Edition. I need something to haul the toys
Old 07-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Intermediate

I am not as old as this odd list would make me seem...

1959 Chevy BelAir 4 door
1969 Pontiac Grand Prix
1984 Ford Mustang GT
1974 Chevy Nova
1979 Ford Fairmont Futura
1980 Buick Riviera
1985 Toyota Celica GT-S Coupe
1990 Ford Bronco
1994 Ford Thunderbird
1997 Audi A4 1.8T
1999 Ford Expedition
2001 Audi A6 4.2
1989 Mazda RX-7 Convertible*
2004 Ford Expedition*
2005 Acura RL*

* Current Vehicles
Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Advanced

1966 Buick LeSabre - Given to me in 1977, died in 1978
1980 Mazda RX-7 - First real car--I'm in the process of getting antique plates and putting it back on the road again
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (5 spd)
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (AWD)
2003 Audi A-4 V6 Quattro
2005 Acura RL
Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Cruisin'

Ah, a trip down Memory Lane:

1964 - Corvair - First car. Still a favorite!
1969 - Javelin SST
1973 - Javelin SST - Both of these were great cars.
1976 - Datsun 280Z - Another winner. Kind of wish I still had this, although rust was becoming a mjor player.
1979 - Datsun 280ZX - Terrible car. Don't miss this one at all!
1981 - Datsun Maxima - Datsun redeemed itself with this car. Put a lot of miles on this one in a short time. "Took a lickin' kept on tickin'"
1983 - Pontiac STE - Trunk filled with water after first rainstorm. Factory had failed to drill drain holes. Not sorry for trading this one.
1985 - SAAB Turbo 900. Great car!
1988 - Pontiac SSE - Not a bad car. Proved to quite reliable in the long run.
1993 - Pontiac SSE - Had several electrical problems with this one.
1998 - Pontiac SSEi - I really liked this car. Had all the bells and whistles including a supercharger. Could present problems with torque steer if one wasn't careful. Later on in its life, did start having electrical problems with this one too!
2003 - Acura CL Type S - Nice car. Still wish that Acura still had a coupe model available.
2005 - Acura TL - Another nice car, even the the navigation/dead battery and rattle problems.
However life is good with
2007 - Acura RL - PAX/CMBS. This one is a keeper!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

this does a lot to take me down memory lane...

1964 Kharman Ghia
1967 Datsun SPL311, 1600 Roadster
1969 Corvette (real 300 HP motor)
1973 Honda Civic
1973 Ford Pinto Wagon *
1978 Honda Civic *
1979 Honda Accord LX
1981 Honda Civic *
1982 Honda Accord LX
1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass
1987 Plymouth Reliant
1990 Dodge Grand Caravan
1994 Chrysler Town & Country
1998 Toyota Avalon XL *
1998 Chrysler Town & Country
2002 Toyota Avalon XL *
2003 Acura 3.2 TL (p)
2007 Acura RL (non-tech)

* = wife's ride
Old 07-30-2007, 10:35 PM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

forgot to mention motorcycles
Forgot to mention a few other rides that I owned over the years.

1972 Honda CL90 blue
1971 Honda CL350 gold
1975 Honda CL360 Blue
1973 Honda CB500-4 Green
1973 Honda CL100 blue
1995 Suzuki 90 (4 wheeler)
1985 Honda VT700 black
2001 Honda VT1100 Sabre blue (still own)
Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Advanced

88 Acura Integra SE
91 Acura Legend L
94 Acura Legend Coupe L
95 Dodge Stealth R/T
94 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
95 BMW 325 ISC
98 Audi A4 2.8 Q
95 Honda Odyssey LX
00 BMW M Roadster
01 BMW M Roadster
00 BMW X5 4.4i
02 Lexus IS300
01 BMW M5
03 BMW 330 xi (currently own)
04 Suburu Outback Sedan (currently own)
04 Audi A8 L
06 Acura RL (currently own)
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
—Volkswagen Bug - Blew engine 2am in Camden, NJ (on the way to FLA)
—Austin Healey Sprite - What a blast!
—Chevy Chevelle - Picked up by a wave (Blizzard of 78') and smashed into a house.
—Buick 440 Wildcat - Hit the gas and watch the fuel gauge needle drop
—Fiat 128 sport L coupe - Totalled (I swear that tree was going 30mph)
—Renault Le Car - They dug up a clogged septic tank in GA and found one of these buried there
—BMW 525 - Fun but lousy in the snow
—Toyota Celica
—Nissan Maxima
—Nissan Pathfinder
—Audi A4
—Audi S4
—Acura RL
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
1966 sport fury
1973 VW Beetle
1974Toyota Corolla SR5
19?? Gremlin
1977 Datsun 810 (Now Maxima)
1977 MGB
1980 Toyota Corona
1984 Toyota Pickup SR5( just retired)
1989 Ford Festiva
1990 Honda Accord
2000 Nissan Quest
2002 hyundai Accent
2006 Acura TSX
2006 Acura RL
2006 Mazda Miata GT
2006 Nissan Frontier

2006 was a good year -
Old 04-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 - Honda Accord 5 speed Manual
1997 - Honda Accord EX Auto
1998 - Honda Accord V6 EX Black - God rid of the card because it was a pain to keep the car clean.
1999 - Honda Accord V6 EX
1999 - Acura Integra GS
2006 - Acura TSX traded
2007 - Acura TL with Nav - traded
2008 - RL/Tech - the best car I ever owned.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MDs1
1991 - Honda Accord 5 speed Manual
1997 - Honda Accord EX Auto
1998 - Honda Accord V6 EX Black - God rid of the card because it was a pain to keep the car clean.
1999 - Honda Accord V6 EX
1999 - Acura Integra GS
2006 - Acura TSX traded
2007 - Acura TL with Nav - traded
2008 - RL/Tech - the best car I ever owned.
Nice collection of Hondas!
Mine are in my sig. See below...
Old 04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I guess I need to add the 2002 S2K to my extensive list of Hondas earlier in the thread. I have NO idea when I turned into such a Honda fanboi. ....especially since I've been such a GM fan the last few months.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I guess I need to add the 2002 S2K to my extensive list of Hondas earlier in the thread. I have NO idea when I turned into such a Honda fanboi. ....especially since I've been such a GM fan the last few months.
+1 on the S2K (2004 for me).

Re: Honda fanboi vs. GM fan

1) The GM (CTS-V) appeals to your inner child, irrational, passionate and selfish
2) The Honda/Acura models appeal to the dad, professional, husband and citizen
3) The S2K keeps the inner child alive and well & happy without ticking off:
a) The Wife
b) The son's College Fund
c) Your competitive one-up-man coworkers
d) Your tree-hugging-fuel-concious neighbors

Summary: Honda fanboi = survivor (with cool toys)
Old 04-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Instructor

Wow, this is going to be fun, real nostalgia.

1960 Corvair
1956 Volkswagen
1963 Ford (retired CT State Police car)
1962 Austin Mini
1962 SAAB 95 (2 stroke, add oil to gas on fill-ups)
1963 Rover 95 (while living in UK, a great car)
1965 Renault R8
1966 Peugeot 404
1969 Renault R10
1974 Peugeot 504
(Don't sell the french cars short, they were underrated)
1971 Plymouth Valiant, another classic that I miss
1979 Volkswagen Dasher Diesel
1980 SAAB Turbo
1986 SAAB Turbo
1981 Honda Civic
1984 Honda Accord
1988 Honda Accord, only new car purchase
1995 SAAB 9000, my son still drives it
2002 BMW 530i
2003 Acura TL
2006 Acura RL

They were all favorites for different reasons.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
84 nissan king cab 4x4
88 acura integra LS SE
96 infiniti i30
03 acura cl-s6
05 acura rl
Old 04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Intermediate

Here's my list of my vehicles, along with current cars in family.

68 Camaro
74 Cutlass
77 Firebird
82 Honda Accord
84 Honda Accord
87 Ford Ranger
89 Buick Park Ave
96 Lincoln Continental
96 RL **
04 TL
05 RL **

Also 95 Camry **
01 Avalon **
07 Odyssey **

** still own
Old 04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
8th Gear

66 Dodge Dart
72 Mercury Capri V6
85 Honda Civic
89 Acura Integra - Wifes
90 Acura Integra - Wifes replacement
91 Honda Prelude SI
97 Honda Prelude SH
97 Mazda Miata - wifes
07 Acura RL A-spec
08 BMW Z-4si - wifes
Old 04-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Sorry I missed this.

LOL, you may be right. I love my Hondas but never thought of myself as a fanboi.

That said, I still intend to test-drive the CTS-V in the fall even though I fell for the S2K. GM is making a car that I want and the reliability is pretty good. Acura, other than the current pre-MMC RL, is not making cars that interest me right now. Most likely, I will hold on the RL as long as possible, likely until the FMC RL is released. Then, we'll see.

Originally Posted by TampaRL
+1 on the S2K (2004 for me).

Re: Honda fanboi vs. GM fan

1) The GM (CTS-V) appeals to your inner child, irrational, passionate and selfish
2) The Honda/Acura models appeal to the dad, professional, husband and citizen
3) The S2K keeps the inner child alive and well & happy without ticking off:
a) The Wife
b) The son's College Fund
c) Your competitive one-up-man coworkers
d) Your tree-hugging-fuel-concious neighbors

Summary: Honda fanboi = survivor (with cool toys)

Quick Reply: RL Owners; ride histories.