Rewritable CD'S

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts
Rewritable CD'S

If I am playing a factory made CD in my RL maybe 5% of the time the artist and song name would show on the nav screen. I mostly used my owned burned CD'S. These never showed any of this information. I noticed that I would add or delete songs from these CD'S and just toss the old one. I recently started using rewritable CD'S. The brand is Memorex and don't know if that matters. I am know getting the artist name which is coming from Itunes playlist that I named and the title of the songs. The title of the CD appears of all the six CD'S. If you press the enter knob a list of all the songs appear.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
1 - A CD is a media to store data and a store bought music CD has uncompressed music recorded in a CD format. 44.1Khz at 16 bits.
2 - Manufacturers and labels choose whether or not to include title and track information. Most do not.
3 - When you rip the CD to Itunes it comresses the data to MP3 format optimally at 320kb/sec stereo. This data has a title and is checked against the Itunes database that supplies CD and track names as well as other information including the album cover graphic.
4 - If you now burn these MP3 files to a CD you get all of the information that you are seeing on the screen because of the Itunes information but the music itself is compressed and is of inferior quality.
5 - When you state that you tossed the old one. Do you mean that you threw the original away? If so, this is not good because you now only have a compressed file of the original data and you will never get back to the original quality.
6 - Re-writable CD's are fine but the integrity of the data is sometimes compramised particularly after many read/write cycles.
7 - The brand of CD is rarely important because CD is a failrly low density recording compared with other newer formats such as BluRay DVD's. Your hardware may or may not like some brands however.
8 - If you can tolerate the inferior quality of MP3 then the convenience factor is significantly improved because you can record 6 folders on the CD with 6 different albums. If you do this for each slot then you have 36 albums available to you without going through the load/eject cycle. That should get you from NC to LA!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I've tried to burn a MP3 DVD, but it doesn't work in the RL. Any ideas?