Regional manager Honda/Acura?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:00 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regional manager Honda/Acura?

Is there a regional manager for Acura? I'm in Mississippi and need assistance getting a couple of warranty repairs done to my RL and need assistance with locating a reputable dealer that will admit to knowing about the well known problems and can offer a fix when the car is brought in.

Fred
Old 12-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fred - Sorry that you are even having problems getting this done. Yes, there is a regional technican/manager. You can tell your dealer you want this person involved or you can all Acura Client Services and tell them you want this person involved. If for some reason they refuse, mention the lemon law and your lawyer. It is unfortunate that at times we have to threaten to do this, but it is necessary at times.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Instructor

Yea Fred what VP911 said. My dealer was great and nice enough to involve the district manager. I still called acura client services and they gave me a case number the whole time and informed me that the district manager will handle the decision in my case along with his boss. I will pm you a mangerat ACS that took care of everything and helped get my 05 bought back. She was great.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 AM
2006 RL Carbon Gray/Ebony

Originally Posted by crazytsxmods
Yea Fred what VP911 said. My dealer was great and nice enough to involve the district manager. I still called acura client services and they gave me a case number the whole time and informed me that the district manager will handle the decision in my case along with his boss. I will pm you a mangerat ACS that took care of everything and helped get my 05 bought back. She was great.
What types of issues were you having with your car the led to the buyback? I've got lots of things that continue to not function properly (and the car has been in the shop for more than 30 days total) but am unsure if any of them are serious enough to force their hand.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Electrical issues. My navigation would just turn off in the middle of routing. My paint had acid rain damage that there detailer could not remove not even a body shop. It was in the dealer 6 times in a month just for the navigation and xm issues. Than they thought they had it fixed and the battery started dying on me. One time my wife and I and some friends went out and than the car would not star after dinner. We had to jump it. Than the rear windows stopped working. The car had a mind of its own. I kept reciepts and documented every litttle thing time and date. If the management at my dealer were not such great guys I would still be fighting with acura corp and a lawyer I'm sure.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 AM
2006 RL Carbon Gray/Ebony

Originally Posted by crazytsxmods
Electrical issues. My navigation would just turn off in the middle of routing. My paint had acid rain damage that there detailer could not remove not even a body shop. It was in the dealer 6 times in a month just for the navigation and xm issues. Than they thought they had it fixed and the battery started dying on me. One time my wife and I and some friends went out and than the car would not star after dinner. We had to jump it. Than the rear windows stopped working. The car had a mind of its own. I kept reciepts and documented every litttle thing time and date. If the management at my dealer were not such great guys I would still be fighting with acura corp and a lawyer I'm sure.
Sounds much like the problems I'm having. XM still doesn't work right after 5 times in the shop. How did the buyback work? Was it for cash or did they swap the car for another one?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Instructor

They swaped it for an 06. It was allot of work and took a couple of weeks. It was the dealership management that made it happen. ACS will not do it without the dealership pushing for the buyback. The regional manager and his or her boss actually can make the decision not ACS like some people assume and think.