Proposed Solution for Door Lock Issue from Acura CS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Proposed Solution for Door Lock Issue from Acura CS

As a lot of people have experienced after the 4 part updates, the door locks will continually try to lock while driving. Well, I have complianed about this (and a bunch of other problems) to Acura CS and my advisor called me with a proposed solution. Just tried it so not sure if it works but here goes. BTW, it is really strange.

Turn the ignition switch to the II position but do not crank the engine. Leave your key FOB in the front seat so you don't get a No Key Error/Message.

Then hop into the back seat and using the rear window button on each rear door, completely lower and raise the rear windows. You must do this using the rear window controls and not from the driver's panel.

Return to the front seat and turn the car off and let it set for a minute. Then start the car and see what happens. This supposedly reset the window/locking system.

Curious to see if this works for anyone. Let us know.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gator5000e
Then hop into the back seat and using the rear window button on each rear door, completely lower and raise the rear windows. You must do this using the rear window controls and not from the driver's panel.
Are you supposed to do that simultaneously or do one window first than the other?
Old 03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Instructor

I just did it one window at a time. I couldn't reach both windows simultaneously if I wanted to!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Overlord of Networking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also I heard that while you are doing this you must stick one finger up your arse and do the hokey pokey. I heard somewhere that this solution will not work unless the above is done simutaniously.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Gator5000e
As a lot of people have experienced after the 4 part updates, the door locks will continually try to lock while driving. Well, I have complianed about this (and a bunch of other problems) to Acura CS and my advisor called me with a proposed solution. Just tried it so not sure if it works but here goes. BTW, it is really strange.

Turn the ignition switch to the II position but do not crank the engine. Leave your key FOB in the front seat so you don't get a No Key Error/Message.

Return to the front seat and turn the car off and let it set for a minute. Then start the car and see what happens. This supposedly reset the window/locking system.

Curious to see if this works for anyone. Let us know.
DID IT WORK FOR YOU..LET US KNOW..My situation was corrected by the dealer removing the battery cables from the battery and touching them together.This obviously cleared all the memories and everything works well now.

Personally I think your supposed cure is an activity to keep you busy for a while. Oh well, we shall see. Hope it works for you. But in addition to the door locking issue there was also the issue of the side view mirror. Was there a fix for tha also ?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Advanced

I tried the rear window switch cycling technique early last week, but the doors continued to relock. What worked for me and others was disconnecting the negative battery cable for a minute before reconnecting, then resetting the nav/radio codes. No more door relocking!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy_boy
Also I heard that while you are doing this you must stick one finger up your arse and do the hokey pokey. I heard somewhere that this solution will not work unless the above is done simutaniously.

That's funny, do the hokey pokey.