Pictures of Lakeshore RL with stock Chrome Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of Lakeshore RL with stock Chrome Wheels

First off I want to thank Peter97 for taking the time to take pictures of his beautiful car. I have been searching for pictures for quite sometime of the stock wheels chromed on a RL. Unfortunately no luck until now.

I personally think that the chrome adds class to an already classy car. I think it works especially with the darker color RL's and enhances the beauty that the chrome trimmings bring.

Here you go Peter!!

Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hottt
Old 07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
enjoy
Old 07-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
JMHO, I think the chrome adds class to the stock wheels.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

While I like them I can just imagine them being a pain to keep clean.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by hondamore
Ghetto class!!! Maybe chrome lip, that would be nice. You know is quality not quantity.

I think chrome wheels are like wearing a ring on your finger with a diamond the size of your head. You want a beautiful diamond, but not overkill.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Well we are all entitled to our opinions. However negative they might be.
Originally Posted by Bitium
Ghetto class!!! Maybe chrome lip, that would be nice. You know is quality not quantity.

I think chrome wheels are like wearing a ring on your finger with a diamond the size of your head. You want a beautiful diamond, but not overkill.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by ck37
Well we are all entitled to our opinions. However negative they might be.
We sure are.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Instructor

I agree Hondamore. Very classy upgrade to the stock wheel. I have seen other chrome wheels that I don't care for much because they are a bit too "look at me", but these look great, as do the 18" Acura wheels that you have. The standard 17" wheel that I still have comes a bit understated (maybe boring but certainly not bad in any way) and the chrome brightens them up and makes them much more distinctive. Love the Lakeshore too, but then I should as that is what I have.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I am now seriously considering getting this done. But I can't seem to find a place to do it. The local places are charging 1200-1400 to chrome the OEM wheels. I can buy the a-spec chrome for the same price.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
Vik, I thought I saw some for sale on ebay - worth checking it out.
Later edit - Duh, I just realized that, unless they took your stock wheels in trade, you'd end up with an extra set of wheels. Sorry, brain cramp.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

I like the look of the Chrome wheels on the Lakeshore RL. Now I have something else to consider
Old 07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the pics! Isn't that Carbon Grey instead of Lakeshore? Please post some pictures of the interior!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Instructor

No It's Lakeshore. Carbon Grey is a bit darker. I guess you could say Lakeshore is like a gunmetal grey with a purplish hue to it. Thats one of the nice things about the lakeshore color is that it changes on the angle, lighting etc.
Unfortunately there are no pictures of the interior, but its the same as others
Old 07-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Instructor

Correct, it is the lakeshore because of the blue/purple tint that shows when in sunlight or bright overcast. In darker environment it appears more grey but is not as dark as the Carbon, which is a true darker grey without any blue/purple tint. The interior appears to be the taupe color like mine but it also comes in the black interior so there is a choice of interior color.

Again, the chrome wheels look pretty nice to me and blend nicely with the chrome trim that is most apparent on the lakeshore and several darker colors.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Vik, I thought I saw some for sale on ebay - worth checking it out.
Later edit - Duh, I just realized that, unless they took your stock wheels in trade, you'd end up with an extra set of wheels. Sorry, brain cramp.
Thanks - I would want an extra set of wheels anyways - salty roads in the winter here would require a swap out. I am not sure I want to do that anyways - everytime I invest money in a car - it either gets bought back by the dealer or totaled. I will think about it, thanks for the tip.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Banned

I think the stock rims are ok, but chrome makes them look even worse.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Instructor

I think they look great
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Retired MOD

Don't get me wrong I thin the wheel by itself looks better chrome, but just because is so shinny. But trust there is no way in hell they look good on the car, specially when driving, they look like you put aluminum foil on top of your wheels, it looks stupid. For show and standing still chrome is not a bad choice specially if only the lip. Come on guys
Old 07-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Ok. I was going to refrain from commenting anymore to the negativity since we are all entitled to our opinion here. However Bitium, you tend to want to push your opinion more on others than what is needed. So I will adress your opinion as such.

We all have specific tastes. Chrome might not be your thing. Especially when the wheel is "moving". Thats fine, great! But what you need to realize is that people have opinions too. Just because those opinions are not in line with yours doesn't mean you need to "beat it into their head" that you don't like it. Some people are more sensitive than others. Especially when you choose to critique (or put down in your case) someone's personal choice on what they want to do with their car, that they OWN. However, If you feel the urge to make your voice heard, then might I suggest using some class while doing it. Maybe your personality is not that way. Fine. But others don't need to be suffocated by your negativelty.

You are a very knowledgable person. No one will argue that. In fact, I have learned a lot from your posts. But I feel your choice of words (in this case) is something that could use some improvement. Just my two cents.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Instructor

On a side not, I want to apologize for the misinformation regarding the color. I was just informed this in fact a carbon Grey RL. Not Lakeshore.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by ck37
Ok. I was going to refrain from commenting anymore to the negativity since we are all entitled to our opinion here. However Bitium, you tend to want to push your opinion more on others than what is needed. So I will adress your opinion as such.

We all have specific tastes. Chrome might not be your thing. Especially when the wheel is "moving". Thats fine, great! But what you need to realize is that people have opinions too. Just because those opinions are not in line with yours doesn't mean you need to "beat it into their head" that you don't like it. Some people are more sensitive than others. Especially when you choose to critique (or put down in your case) someone's personal choice on what they want to do with their car, that they OWN. However, If you feel the urge to make your voice heard, then might I suggest using some class while doing it. Maybe your personality is not that way. Fine. But others don't need to be suffocated by your negativelty.

You are a very knowledgable person. No one will argue that. In fact, I have learned a lot from your posts. But I feel your choice of words (in this case) is something that could use some improvement. Just my two cents.
Well said, is more of a personal thing. 9 out of 10 times that people are like some here that think chrome looks better because is chrome, they have change their mind after I have show them other wheels that look many times better that are not chrome. I will stay out of this thread. My apologies.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
office monkey

Nice looking wheels!!

Don't get me wrong I thin the wheel by itself looks better chrome, but just because is so shinny. But trust there is no way in hell they look good on the car, specially when driving, they look like you put aluminum foil on top of your wheels, it looks stupid. For show and standing still chrome is not a bad choice specially if only the lip. Come on guys
OK so because you dont think chrome wheels look good on cars nobody else can. Gotcha. My folks have the chrome wheels on their 2001 LS430 (the factory chrome wheels) and they look nice.

Do you have a girlfriend? If so, send me a pic of her and I'll give my honest comments on her. I hope for your sake that if she is IMO ugly that you wouldn't have issues with me telling you that. I have a feeling you would....
Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
I think they look good on the car, and will look good when moving also.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
2005 Carbon Grey RL

Thank you all for your comments, pros and cons alike. It's been mildly amusing!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:53 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

where did the pics go?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

Those links to the images are broke.

Here is a link to someone selling the stock chrome rims on Ebay. I seen a black RL with the stock rims chrome and I think it looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...94588277QQrdZ1