people are morons - part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people are morons - part 2

When I had my 05 tl, i started a thread about idiots.... dinging your door in parking lots.

Now check this out.......

I am driving the CEO of my medical practice and one of my ten partners to play golf. We are in my 6 week old 05 TL. We get to the course and put on our golf shoes. My partner sticks his foot in his cleets, then put his cleeted shoes/foot on my bumper to tie it.......i came unglued. I said "Are you a f*cking idiot or what? Get your cleets off of my brand new car. You are killing me".

He thought I was a big overreacting ass.

I am sorry but this was un-friggin-believable.

PEOPLE ARE MORONS!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 PM
office monkey

You said 6 week new TL but you meant RL, right?

As for this guy, what a fucking moron. I dont think you overreacted

Oh and yes, people are morons. I swear the % of the population which doesnt fall into moron status is about 17 and I might be generous there
Old 09-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Instructor

sorry -6 week old RL.

in fact I just had the 18 chrome wheels on. i was loving the car......it left a minor scuff on the paint, but a nice imprint on the plastic portion of the trunk lip.

he has a 2million dollar house, and drives an old early 90s eclipse - absolutly filthy.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by melly
sorry -6 week old RL.

in fact I just had the 18 chrome wheels on. i was loving the car......it left a minor scuff on the paint, but a nice imprint on the plastic portion of the trunk lip.

he has a 2million dollar house, and drives an old early 90s eclipse - absolutly filthy.
alias.."The Millionaire Next Door"

Get an estimate to fix the bumper and give him the bill.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Racer

sorry -6 week old RL.

Would you jeopardize yourself if you got an estimate to correct the damage and request he pay for the damage ?

What an idiot ?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by medrxman
Would you jeopardize yourself if you got an estimate to correct the damage and request he pay for the damage ?

What an idiot ?
the little scuff is not worth the trouble...... i believe that the paint mis-match would be worse than the scuff.

there is not a job issue. we are co-owners. it really is amazing how people can not think.....

i tried a bunch of zaino on it - no real difference. i can live with it - it is just the principle - just repsect othe rpeople feelings - even if we are a little anal retentive about our cars.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Retired MOD

i believe that the paint mis-match would be worse than the scuff.
I'm with you 100%, is not worth it. You will hate the mis-match a lot more than a scuff.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. That is depressing. It is amazing how some people don't care about other people's cars. Sorry to hear about that
Old 09-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't think you over reacted. My friends and family all know that I am impossibly anal retentive when it comes to my car. Whenever new people ride in my car, they usually notice the impeccible condition of the car and compliment me. I attempt to bring up the subject of door dings and scratches in a light-hearted, but firm way explaining to them that, THAT, is the way I keep the car in a like-new condition. It usually conveys the message to them. But, as you say, some people are just idiots.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:20 AM
BARF1

When I had my 05 tl, i started a thread about idiots.... dinging your door in parking lots.

Now check this out.......

I am driving the CEO of my medical practice and one of my ten partners to play golf. We are in my 6 week old 05 TL. We get to the course and put on our golf shoes. My partner sticks his foot in his cleets, then put his cleeted shoes/foot on my bumper to tie it.......i came unglued. I said "Are you a f*cking idiot or what? Get your cleets off of my brand new car. You are killing me".

He thought I was a big overreacting ass.

I am sorry but this was un-friggin-believable.

PEOPLE ARE MORONS!

Don't forget to payback the idiot nxt time you see his car, you may want to tie your shoes on his car and take your time...

never forget and never forgive...
Old 09-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
I believe that your CEO's action was one of selfishness. He is so centered on himself that he can't begin to comprehend the fact that his actions are affecting others. He will probably bitch to his "friends" that your getting upset at him over him damaging your car really had a negative effect on his golf game that day. In his little mind, you were being selfish for thinking that he should actually bend down to tie his shoes instead of damaging your bumper. I hope that he reads this thread.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Racer

the little scuff is not worth the trouble...... i believe that the paint mis-match would be worse than the scuff.

there is not a job issue. we are co-owners. it really is amazing how people can not think.....

i tried a bunch of zaino on it - no real difference. i can live with it - it is just the principle - just repsect othe rpeople feelings - even if we are a little anal retentive about our cars.
Might be worth a trip to a body shop where the scuff may be possibly be able to be buffed out without issue.

About a year after I bought a NEW 2000 RL I went to a wedding reception and some one who had a bit much to drink actually walked on my car requiring me to have the hood replaced ($1400). Also had a few scratches elsewhere that were easily buffed out. ( The groom knew who walked on the car and was able to get me $1000 back.)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hondamore
I believe that your CEO's action was one of selfishness. He is so centered on himself that he can't begin to comprehend the fact that his actions are affecting others. He will probably bitch to his "friends" that your getting upset at him over him damaging your car really had a negative effect on his golf game that day. In his little mind, you were being selfish for thinking that he should actually bend down to tie his shoes instead of damaging your bumper. I hope that he reads this thread.
sorry if my thread was a little mis-leading. actually it was my partner, not our ceo that tied his shoes on my car. we are a gruop of 10 orthopedic surgeons. the dufus was one of the other docs. actually we employ a ceo to run the center - he is a good guy. he thought the other guy was a nimrod for tying his shoe on my bumper.......
Old 09-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

My apologies to your CEO. Your post is clear - my eyesight isn't.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Why don't you pick up a Veyron? There are about 20 open slots still available.....
Old 09-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Instructor

the saga continues....

as if it couldn't be any better......

i usually park on ends or at an angle to keep idiots doors off of my doors. well, at our office, we just put in an additional parking lot (this was very expensive but needed to be done because we are very busy and had a problem with our patients not being able to park - this involved blasting away rock, etc).

anyhow, like i said, i usually park far away and generally on ends or angle the car - sometimes i take up two spaces (hell, i paid for them). the other day i park in the reserved area for the docs - there were a lot of empty spaces - so i angle my car and took up two spaces on the end. anyhow i am getting ready to start a surgery when the dufus that that put his cleets on my car comes in a yells at me because there are now no spaces left. i can under stand the space issue so inbtween cases, i go to move my car, and his physician assistant has parked her car directly behind mine - blocking me in!

needles to say i was pissed - and called his p.a out of clinic, made her move her car, and had a little chart with my partner. after a bit of name-calling we came to an understanding.

he is in the process of getting a new SUV (a H3, imho a P.O.S.) he doesnt want a car war.

ill let you know if any other events happen.....

it just is a kick in the ass that the same idiot who dicks with your car is the asswipe who gets mad at the double-park......
Old 09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
9th Gear

I agree - your partner sounds like an idiot...

Perhaps time to find a new partner?

V.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Instructor

unfortunately - he came with the job......... he will retire before me.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Racer

I would hate to think of the possibility that your partner could be as careless with his surgeries.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Instructor

sorry -6 week old RL.

I would give the guy a break. We obviously care a lot about our cars and that is one of the reasons we frequent sites like this one, however, other people see cars as mere appliances to provide transportation and by the sound of what he drives he is obviously a member of this latter group. If he had put his foot on the finish of your brand new Kenmore washer, would you have been as upset as you were? Thoughtless for sure, but a moron? perhaps not.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

I will echo AcuraRLBlue's comments - people who are careful with their cars are careful in their work.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Racer

as if it couldn't be any better......

i usually park on ends or at an angle to keep idiots doors off of my doors. well, at our office, we just put in an additional parking lot (this was very expensive but needed to be done because we are very busy and had a problem with our patients not being able to park - this involved blasting away rock, etc).

anyhow, like i said, i usually park far away and generally on ends or angle the car - sometimes i take up two spaces (hell, i paid for them). the other day i park in the reserved area for the docs - there were a lot of empty spaces - so i angle my car and took up two spaces on the end. anyhow i am getting ready to start a surgery when the dufus that that put his cleets on my car comes in a yells at me because there are now no spaces left. i can under stand the space issue so inbtween cases, i go to move my car, and his physician assistant has parked her car directly behind mine - blocking me in!

needles to say i was pissed - and called his p.a out of clinic, made her move her car, and had a little chart with my partner. after a bit of name-calling we came to an understanding.

he is in the process of getting a new SUV (a H3, imho a P.O.S.) he doesnt want a car war.

ill let you know if any other events happen.....

it just is a kick in the ass that the same idiot who dicks with your car is the asswipe who gets mad at the double-park......

I had to trek out to the 'burbs the other week to visit a vendor. After spiraling through the levels of the parking garage I finally found a spot - near 2 SUV's that had each straddled 2 spaces. Walking past them I noticed that each had been keyed the entire length of one side, very badly. Don't know if they were that way before they parked or if somebody was pissed enough at the lack of parking to key them for taking up the double spaces. I'm not defending vandalism, just conscious of the fact that there are people that react that way. I just park a little farther away and walk the extra XXX feet/yards.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
that guy is a definite idiot.

golf cleats?! he must've been itching to have his ass kicked...
Old 09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Advanced

melly, you guys in North AZ are too soft. If that happened to me here in Sheriff Joe's county, I would shoot the idiot!

However, in all seriousness, one poster had it correct. Anything you do to correct the blemish will only embellish it. I had a very small ding on my trunk and had it repaired. Unfortunately, it looked better with a slight ding than it does now with a bit of discoloration.

Good luck.