Paint Chips

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Chips

So being in VA where there's contruction everywhere and debris flying everywhere I have a couple paint chips. Any suggestions on what I should do? I don't want to do touch-up paint cuz that's just nasty and never comes out right. I have about 4 on the hood and 2 on one of the doors. HELP!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dgunsuh
So being in VA where there's contruction everywhere and debris flying everywhere I have a couple paint chips. Any suggestions on what I should do? I don't want to do touch-up paint cuz that's just nasty and never comes out right. I have about 4 on the hood and 2 on one of the doors. HELP!
There are some color based polishes on the market you may want to look for.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
has been here awhile

You need Stongard. www.stongard.com ...or a similar product. Contact your dealer, I'd suggest). It's definitely worth the investment.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
SPUDMTN is right. Something like "clear-bra" or "Rock chip protection"...

New paint in these years sucks.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by medrxman
There are some color based polishes on the market you may want to look for.
Any suggestions as to a brand?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
You need Stongard. www.stongard.com ...or a similar product. Contact your dealer, I'd suggest). It's definitely worth the investment.
It is a good idea to have a clear film protection, but just be careful of the installer you pick. For any new car, there may not be a computer generated pattern for the car. You don't want to end up with an bad installer cutting the films on your car. This happened to me and damaged the paint pretty bad. Pl email me if you are considering installing the clear film and want to know the brand/installer to avoid.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by AcuraRLBlue
It is a good idea to have a clear film protection, but just be careful of the installer you pick. For any new car, there may not be a computer generated pattern for the car. You don't want to end up with an bad installer cutting the films on your car. This happened to me and damaged the paint pretty bad. Pl email me if you are considering installing the clear film and want to know the brand/installer to avoid.
I know that Stongard is a good brand to deal with. We went to Bellevue to get ours installed and everything went great. According to Stongard's website, they have the kit for the 2005. They do really great work.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any suggestions as to a brand?
Turtle Wax is one brank....see link below (click on Turtle Wax Color Polishes)

Turtle Wax Color Polishes
Old 04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
#1 Stretchy Item

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
I know that Stongard is a good brand to deal with. We went to Bellevue to get ours installed and everything went great. According to Stongard's website, they have the kit for the 2005. They do really great work.
Thanks for the good review! I work for StonGard, and indeed, we do have a kit for the new RL. Quite a nice car, too, by the way.

You do have to be careful of the installer you pick, and insist on a pre-cut kit, not cut on the car. Asking for the leading edge of the hood to be wrapped under is another good thing to look for. Some kits include it, some don't, but since the leading edge of the hood is very vulnerable, it's a good thing to have for certain.

[advertisements removed by admin]
Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by medrxman
Turtle Wax is one brank....see link below (click on Turtle Wax Color Polishes)

Turtle Wax Color Polishes
have you used it before? how does it turn out?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RubberBand
Thanks for the good review! I work for StonGard, and indeed, we do have a kit for the new RL. Quite a nice car, too, by the way.

You do have to be careful of the installer you pick, and insist on a pre-cut kit, not cut on the car. Asking for the leading edge of the hood to be wrapped under is another good thing to look for. Some kits include it, some don't, but since the leading edge of the hood is very vulnerable, it's a good thing to have for certain.

[advertisements removed by admin]
I've heard of the 3M clear coat invis bra thing they have. Do you know of any places that install StonGard in the DC/VA metro area?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:24 PM
#1 Stretchy Item

Unfortunately, I don't know of any StonGard installers in the DC/VA area - the nearest one I know of off the top of my head is in NJ - that's a bit of a drive. Some tint shops may be willing to give a clear bra a shot, though. Certainly worth asking around.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
I slow down for COPS

Check 3M website for installers and make sure you check their work.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/_...5/_s.155/98912