Owner's Link

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Owner's Link

Is it down? I know they were supposed to introduce a redesigned site.

When you try to access it off of Acura.com, you get a "page not found" error.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
It does appear to be down. Maybe they are upgrading.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Just got in, 3rd time today (reading online owner's manual). No problem here
Old 04-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Below is what I get when I click "Ownership Experience" off of Acura.com

Acura.com

PAGE NOT FOUND

The page you requested may have moved or no longer exists. If you reached this page using a bookmark, it is possible the address is out of date. If you typed in an address, or selected a link from another website or from an email, it's possible the address is inaccurate. Here are some options to assist you in finding the desired page and/or relevant content:

Hit the Back button above and try again

Check the URL for typographical errors

Go to our home page and review the available options

Check our site map for a list of available pages
Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Pro

I get into Owner Link by logging into the Honda Financial Services.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by robarsan
I get into Owner Link by logging into the Honda Financial Services.
Thanks. Got in that way!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
I have the direct link saved in my browser...

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=acura

No problems with this pathway either.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaRL
I have the direct link saved in my browser...

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=acura

No problems with this pathway either.
Thanks. The pathway works but the new site is still "coming soon".
Old 04-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by Treblig
Thanks. The pathway works but the new site is still "coming soon".

Coming Soon!

Well I doubt it will be seamless. I plan to test 'My Acura' when it deploys after all the trouble I went through with AcuraLink and OwnerLink.

When they revised the HFL minisite it was awful. A reduced site window would launch with no viewer controls. The content area was larger than the viewable window, and you could not scroll left or right! It was impossible to review the spreadsheet of phones and features.

Yes, I called and wrote Acura CS (I must be on their 'oh Geez It is HIM' list ) They acknowledged my observations (I made the rep navigate through with me while on the phone - it was amusing) and they said they would have it looked into. A week later is was better. Not great, but better.

I began to think they contract the web designs to a kid working out of his bedroom with a 'Stay OUT' sign on his bedroom door and dirty laundry all over the floor.

I can only imagine how rocky the 'My Acura' launch will be. There seems to be a mentality of 'no one really uses this stuff - no worries'.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:51 AM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since I don't have the acuralink in my RL it is hard for me to understand the importance. While I do understand it provides a necessary function of allowing the NavTraffic to work, is the daily messages, appointment scheduling, recall info worth anything....It's like the LG refrigerator commercial from a few years back. A repairman shows up at the house and notifies the homeowner that his refrigerator is broken, and the homeowner sayes, "I didn't realize that, who called you?"...well of course the refrigerator sent out the call...sometimes a little technology is a little overdone.

A very important question to TampaRL and other Acura techies...when your Acura is out of warranty and you lose the Acuralink, (but the XM still works & everything else) are you going to pay $2k to replace the module...how about $1k...how about $200. I say NO, NO, NO. Does this service give you any real peace of mind. Is it that "it came with it, and it should work...damn it."

In years to come, the technology may be worthwhile, but time will tell. How many of us want to be driving a drive-by-wire car on a bridge somewhere, and the acuralink decides to update the engine module and it crashes...prehaps you don't crash, but it could put you in a periless system. What if some hacker gets into Acura's control system and plugs a virus into to all RL's...I may be one a few RL's still on the road in that scenerio.

I don't mean to sound appathetic, but I don't get it. I do like a lot of the Acura Advance technology....Nav, bluetooth, VR, AWD-sh, Back=up camera, CMBS. And just for the record, I was never a fan of the run flat tire system
Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Larry,

I understand your perspective completely. AcuraLink has no real importance to the drivability of the car. It is merely a conveniance feature and in most cases redundant to traditional information sources. At it's most robust moment, theoretically it can send diagnostic information to Acura and recieve updates to correct an onboard issue - which would require a DataLinked cell phone. I have yet to read or know of anyone who has experienced this, including my reliable Acura techy Tech. In it's least robust form, it is a simple messaging / advice feature.

However, AcuraLink is a feature. And a feature that should be working. And if Acura depicts AcuraLink in ads and part of brand recognition, it better be working. I fall into the camp of 'it SHOULD be working' more than 'I must have AcuraLink to own this car'.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, getting the AcuraLink receiver replaced is very expensive. And while it is under warranty it damn well better be working. Would I pay for it after warranty? Likley not. But it also clarifies a case for an extended warranty or not owning the vehicle when it is out of warranty.

Next, for several on this thread, poking around about how it works, how it interfaces revealed to a few who did NOT have AcuraLink working and they were unaware. Most also did NOT need a new AcuraLink receiver, but in fact only needed the OwnerLink Profile reconfigured. We should NOT have to do the testing and research for Acura. And only when people start calling, do they seem to react. They should be standing behind thier product and this feature, however insignificant.

And sure, it may not affect the car's drivabilty but many people want to know it works simply because it is a feature of the car they paid for. Some feel the same about CMBS system, some feel SHAWD is not as effective as claimed, some feel 300/290 hp advertised is not delivering. I too do not like the PAX system, so I opted not for that package. But it is all about what people value.

AcuraLink for me is not needed. But when it was demo'd my response was 'cool'. And if it is not working, I want answers.

I am curious as to how you do not have AcuraLink? AcuraLink does not require a NAVI model. Nor does it truly require an XM subscription. The base car does conme with a XM receiver (aka AcuraLink HIP unit). Nor does it require a cell phone paired or even a Datalink capable phone. In theory, if you set your OwnerLink profile for recall notification ONLY, you SHOULD get that AcuraLink message with no NAVI, no cell phone or even an XM subscrition. Mind you, by law, you will also get a paper copy by mail of a recall (again redundancy).

And just from another perspective...why own a car with lots of bells and whistles if bells and whistles have no appeal? MOST here are impressed with the technology. No all need it, want it or live buy it, but it certaily impressed me to consider the RL even BEFORE I fell in love with SHAWD.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Pro

I will not be keeping my RL past the warranty (62K) so replacing the unit is not an issue.

Include me in the group that wants what they paid for. Needed, not needed, doesn't matter. If it's broke, fix it!

Just the other day I left work and had one of the pre-programmed messages waiting for me, which I read, and then deleted. After driving a few miles down the road I got my first "B12 service needed soon" message on the MID. My first thought was 'I wonder what gets serviced"? Moments later an envelope icon appeared on my Nav screen. It was a message explaining what the B12 service entailed.

That may seem useless to some people, but I found that convenient and informative. I also like the one-a-day tips etc. It's a repeat of what's in the owner's manual, but I like the information piece-mealed instead of the information overload you can get from reading the manual.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The new MyAcura owners link is up and running (sort of). it's very buggy.

Go to http://owners.acura.com to access your owner info
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
No kidding it is buggy!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Brilliant Design!

What information was once captured on one or two paged (MY Profile & MY RL) is now scattered amoungst an array of pretty pictures and mislinked interfaces.

They threw the kitchen sink of web design with no logical flow. Gee just like the design cues of the 09 RL.

Acura, I am trying...really I am. But what is your mission?

At least the HFL minisite has been updated ...and the Moto Q Global is fully featured! I just found out where to spend my George W check.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
At least the HFL minisite has been updated ...and the Moto Q Global is fully featured! I just found out where to spend my George W check.
I already told you that the Q Global worked fully with HFL. Don't you trust me?
Old 04-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Oh man, this blows! Because all my cars are Honda/Acura, I was just getting used to having three cars in my Ownerlink display. Now I have to go to a separate site for the RL.

Good design on the site overall for being a tier 1 company, I guess, but for us Hondaphiles, I wish there were an option to keep my RL on Ownerlink AND use the new My Acura.

At least by clicking on where my RL used to be on Ownerlink, I am taken to a new window containing My Acura, and am automatically signed in.

The new site is pretty buggy, too. That will obviously change, though....
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by dwboston
I already told you that the Q Global worked fully with HFL. Don't you trust me?

Oh, believe me dw...I do trust you! And I trust your tests were likely better than HFL Tests. I remember when I tried the TREO 680 from ATT. It passed test on all features....until I bought one. The Bluetooth was very unstable. Motorola models have some of the more robust Bluetooth stacks I have encountered and most models do well with HFL.

I have just been waiting for the prices to drop, as I am no longer under contract, so I plan to negotiate myself into a Moto Q Global soon!

I just was surprised how long it took them to test it and add it to the HFL site in OwnerLink (err - My Acura)
Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI-those with email addresses as their user names cannot log in directly-the window rejects an email address-style user name. Of course, it is also impossible to CHANGE your user name without calling Acura CS on the phone-so much for backward compatibility. Right now, the only way I can get to my RL info is via the Honda Ownerlink page. Pretty lame, IMHO.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Pro

Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but it seems that when they opened the new Acura Owner site my daily messages stopped. I checked to see if my AcuraLink preferences were still set up correctly, which they were.

I know I was supposed the get x number of messages over a 90 day period. I may have reached my quota, but then again, I wasn't counting.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by robarsan
Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but it seems that when they opened the new Acura Owner site my daily messages stopped. I checked to see if my AcuraLink preferences were still set up correctly, which they were.

I know I was supposed the get x number of messages over a 90 day period. I may have reached my quota, but then again, I wasn't counting.
robarsan,

The Quick Tip messages are deivered over a spread of up to 90 days, but only abou 30 messages are in the spread. You may have already rec'd all of yours.

FYI, after 'My Acura' deployed I tested AcuraLink with an online service appointment, and all checked out. *Your results may differ!*

If you have received all of the intial Quick Tips the only inbound messages you may receive are Recall, Diagnostics or if you create an online appointment with a dealer configured for My Acura.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Pro

robarsan,

The Quick Tip messages are deivered over a spread of up to 90 days, but only abou 30 messages are in the spread. You may have already rec'd all of yours.

FYI, after 'My Acura' deployed I tested AcuraLink with an online service appointment, and all checked out. *Your results may differ!*

If you have received all of the intial Quick Tips the only inbound messages you may receive are Recall, Diagnostics or if you create an online appointment with a dealer configured for My Acura.
Thanks Tampa!
I mostly wanted confirmation that someone has receved messages since the new site opened and you have confirmed that