Ok..lets Discuss Loaner Vehicles????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:15 PM
IVY LEAGUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok..lets Discuss Loaner Vehicles????

Now in no way am i pretentious but lets get this straight i buy a 50k+ car from you not only that just last year i bought a 2004 tl from you and when i request a loaner you give me a tsx is this standard procedures am i being snobbish ????thats like a 30k difference ???Id think nothing less then a tl and only then if there werent any RLs around ..your thoughts ?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:08 PM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by getmoney1
Now in no way am i pretentious but lets get this straight i buy a 50k+ car from you not only that just last year i bought a 2004 tl from you and when i request a loaner you give me a tsx is this standard procedures am i being snobbish ????thats like a 30k difference ???Id think nothing less then a tl and only then if there werent any RLs around ..your thoughts ?
Somewhat reasonable...though you are getting an Acura, and that is good by itself. I think this varies at each dealership--I've heard of some giving RLs as loaners, some give TLs occassionally, while the standard loaner car is the TSX. I know some Acura dealers just use Enterprise, giving you something far less than an Acura.

However, it would be nice to have some perks for driving an RL. Though I know it is standard procedure to give the least of a respective brand's vehicles as a loaner vehicle; BMW gives 3-series, Mercedes gives C-class, Lexus gives ES330s and RX330s...and then there are those select dealers that sometimes give out a higher model. I do like VWs program, however--those who buy a Touareg or Phaeton are supposed to be treated accordingly. Phaeton owners get nothing less than a Touareg, and Touareg owners generally get a Touareg or a Passat (the loaner Touaregs are reserved for Touareg owners).

Look at it this way, too. Most Acura dealers do go above and beyond the call of service, when compared to lesser brands...so this is good in itself.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Racer

I usually get a TL when I bring my MDX in.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Intermediate

I have been told by my local Acura dealership that here in Canada, delaers must have a TL or an MDX available for loan to RL owners at all times. And, I have been given an MDX on two occasions.

Mark
Old 06-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Instructor

loaner car for bmw

the last 2 bmw dealers I used regularly just gave a rental car from enterprise. They only pay for cheapest avaialable car: chevy cavalier, geo metro, etc. I'm hoping to get treated better when I buy my RL.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
You'll find that most dealerships don't want the cost of maintaining a fleet of loaner cars that can match the cars being purchased by their customers. Therefore, they typically pick the least expensive car in the line-up, which in Acura's case is the TSX (for sedans, anyway). Also, the fleet of loaners is usually incredibly limited and they usually contract out to Enterprise to provide cars otherwise.

I hate going to my Acura dealer and only getting a crappy Focus while the car is in for service. It annoys me to no end.

As for the original quesiton, be happy you're at least getting an Acura.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

You're griping about a TSX? The Acura dealer here always gave me pos PT-Cruisers from Alamo rental across the street!
Old 06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a loaner is better than nothing
Old 06-05-2005, 08:03 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Bitium
a loaner is better than nothing
that's why we have a 2nd or 3rd vehicle on hand... Right? If you don't like their cheap loaner then dont take it and drive your own. I love my del Sol! I'd rather get the same thing or nothing at all. Cuz I got my own.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
office monkey

I'd be cool with getting a model that I have never driven before so I can add it to my list. If I take my RL in and they give me a TL or TSX or any other Acura model then I will be happy since i have not driven any of their models.

Oh and I personally dont understand what the big deal is with respect to what type of loaner you get unless of coruse your RL is in for multi day service...then I'd expect an RL during that time but for a 4-5 hour service check? Come on...

While we are on the subject of wanting all this extra treatment for our oh so precious 50K cars (note the sarcasm), how about the female receptionist gives me a BJ when I take my car in? After all I paid 70K for mine here in Canada! I should get my ass kissed, er I guess the better thing to say is I should get orally serviced.

Advice to those who feel they are slighted in service for a 50 K car....never buy a 500K yacht. You'd have a heart attack after you first experience that companies dont really care after sale.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob L
I'd be cool with getting a model that I have never driven before so I can add it to my list. If I take my RL in and they give me a TL or TSX or any other Acura model then I will be happy since i have not driven any of their models.

Oh and I personally dont understand what the big deal is with respect to what type of loaner you get unless of coruse your RL is in for multi day service...then I'd expect an RL during that time but for a 4-5 hour service check? Come on...
You get a loaner for a 4-5 hour service? I've only ever gotten a loaner for something that will take longer than a day.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
office monkey

Yeah man they will give out a loaner for a standard service appointment. I thought that was standard practice. Weird.

Well I should say Lexus gives out cars for standard maintenance...dunno about Acura since i havent taken mine in yet.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Racer

Well to start I'd ask for my money back from Penn as your tenure there did little to improve your ability to express yourself via the written word. As to the treatment from your dealer that's a specific experience that you should definitely follow up on with them - though that's the type of thing that most people try to determine during the buying process (and I admit they often lie) about what type of loaner vehix they might be afforded. My dealer assured me that a TL would be the minimum loaner I'd be assigned and as his last name is the same as my dealer's I feel somewhat confident that I can trust him. I have yet to need a loaner and I will report to this forum my experience the first time that I do.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:50 AM
mwm
Advanced

Usually I get a TL as a loaner. Last time, my trip was unscheduled to the dealer after starting problems, got a Enterprise Cadillac CST (no charge to me of course) because all loaner cars were gone. I am a multiple time purchaser from same dealership and GM told me if I ever needed a loaner and one was not available, just let him know. So far, I have not had to take him up on his offer.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:32 AM
IVY LEAGUE

Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago
Well to start I'd ask for my money back from Penn as your tenure there did little to improve your ability to express yourself via the written word.

Karl you're 45 go sit down somewhere and relax.You're way to old to be adding such childish remarks.You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:32 AM
2007 Lexus GS 350

Horse is Dead.....Time to close the post