View Poll Results: Which car have you / would you consider as next in line?
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport AWD
23.53%
Ford Mustang GT
0%
Chevy Camaro SS
0%
German brand (BMW, Audi, Merc)
11.76%
Japan brand (another Acura or other)
64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Next in line after 05-08 RL - what car to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
If you want reliability, luxury, and a better drive than Lexus, go Audi. If you want to drive the thing into the ground, go Lexus. if you want to drive something fun but you're not worried about maintenance, go BMW or Mercedes.

Right now is just not a good time for Acura enthusiasts
Old 12-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Fk no!TheyldstroyEvrthing

Received 226 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
If you want reliability, luxury, and a better drive than Lexus, go Audi. If you want to drive the thing into the ground, go Lexus. if you want to drive something fun but you're not worried about maintenance, go BMW or Mercedes.

Right now is just not a good time for Acura enthusiasts
I am not certain those two emboldened words up there go together in one sentence. Not on the second hand market at least.

And the Quattro was the differentiating factor historically, and having tried them both, I believe the innovative shawd does beat it on reliable and effectiveness.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
2017 Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400 AWD with all packages available, I have an offer from a local dealer for $43,740 + $3500 taxes and fees... car has 3 miles and is brand new.
Price is little steep for my budget considering I am not planning yet to swap my car, but I have to say it is really tempting!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 04:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
looks like OP will post pics of the Q50s RS soon, may I congrats you early?
Old 12-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by rl015
2017 Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400 AWD with all packages available, I have an offer from a local dealer for $43,740 + $3500 taxes and fees... car has 3 miles and is brand new.
Price is little steep for my budget considering I am not planning yet to swap my car, but I have to say it is really tempting!!!
Don't know your budget, but if you think it's steep, you're undoubtedly right. Easy cure for temptation: Instead of shopping your dream car and then considering your budget, do it backwards. Figure out the amount of money you're comfortable paying and then see what that total buys. I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised how much automotive pleasure you can reach with a lot less straining.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by My_1st_Ac
Great Poll! As some know my 2005 RL is at 218K and has served me very well!!! I really can not just the price of the RLX and I really like my 2nd Gen bod style for some reason. So sadly, soon I won't be in the RL family much longer. So I am currently leaning towards a Honda Accord (new or used). I like the 2017 Honda Accord Touring. Any feedback?
Touring is nice, I should have bought a Touring, but, didn't want to pay touring pricing.

If you can get past the looks of the 10G Accord, go test drive the 2.0T....
Old 12-28-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by truonghthe
looks like OP will post pics of the Q50s RS soon, may I congrats you early?
My gut says the same thing lol.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:58 PM
Suzuka Master

hell speaking of temptation, during chrismast week my local Lexus dealer offer 2017 RCF with 26% off from window sticker and they even throw in $3000 cash back to compete with other dealer in the area. If I traded my TL in it would be around $47k OTD for a brand new RCF.
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:54 AM

At least y’all are more reasonable. I’m looking at an F10 M5 on some days
Old 12-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by projektvertx
Friend just bought one. The modded the hell out of it. (widebody etc)

Why, I have no idea.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:06 AM

That car is a beast.

Is it true it's only XDrive in diesel?
Old 12-29-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by RL09
That car is a beast.

Is it true it's only XDrive in diesel?
The M5 is the only high performance that doesn’t come in AWD between the S, AMG and Ms. The 5 series is X drive with anything but the M5 which shocks me to be honest. They have been talking about it for years though but nothing has materialized

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Friend just bought one. The modded the hell out of it. (widebody etc)

Why, I have no idea.
I test drive one last year and that’s why I’m interested. I can get one with an extended warranty/maintenance still on it that’s within my price range. I’d honestly leave it stock, it’s an M5. I’d do paint protection and tint and that’s it lol
Old 12-29-2017, 10:28 AM

The M5 is the only high performance that doesn’t come in AWD between the S, AMG and Ms. The 5 series is X drive with anything but the M5 which shocks me to be honest. They have been talking about it for years though but nothing has materialized

It is surprising. And after driving AWD on snow for years, the thought of a V8 Twin Turbo rear wheel drive scares me.
I test drive one last year and that’s why I’m interested. I can get one with an extended warranty/maintenance still on it that’s within my price range. I’d honestly leave it stock, it’s an M5. I’d do paint protection and tint and that’s it lol
Eggzactly.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by RL09
It is surprising. And after driving AWD on snow for years, the thought of a V8 Twin Turbo rear wheel drive scares me.[left]

Eggzactly.
I was gonna slap snow tires (Pirelli Sottozeros, the only ones that come in the M5 size) and just drive it year round. YOLO
Old 12-29-2017, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
Personally I have the cars I always wanted across like 7 brands including an M5. Not sure I truly see benefit to xdrive added to M5 but then again I dont track it and most assuredly would never use it in snow so that feature is lost on me.

Cant comment on deals all I know is that if car isnt moving well they have to create market for it and offer crazy prices and incentives to move them, just be careful that if you end up with one of these "deals" you will keep the car for a while. Jus my .02
Old 12-29-2017, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Quick update: so it looks like they really had this car for this price, but I decided not to proceed. One and main reason is, my RL is paid off, well solid considering I replaced the suspension and few more parts about a year ago, so I don't feel it would be smart of me to sign up for such payments next 5 years, just to get 2 seconds off the 0-60mph ... I get it the car is brand new, etc. but there will be more, so I am passing on this crazy low price for RS.

A 2017 INFINITI Q50 in Chicago IL dealer BERMAN INFINITI CHICAGO. Pure White Red Sport 400 AWD 4D Sedan.

You'll notice all packages are included on this one... only thing I noticed was that there is no rear trunk spoiler if these are indeed pictures of the same car:
  • Driver Assistance Package
    Backup Collision Intervention® (BCI)
    Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
    Around View® Monitor (AVM) w/ Moving Object Detection (MOD) and Front and Rear Sonar Systems
    Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW)
    Forward Emergency Braking (FEB)
  • Technology Package
    Headlights - Auto leveling Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    Intelligent Cruise Control w/ Full Speed Range (ICC)
    Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) w/ Active Lane Control
    Front Seat Driver/Passenger Pre-Crash Seatbelts
    Eco pedal
    Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
    Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
    Distance Control Assist (DCA)
    Headlights - High Beam Assist (HBA)
  • Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport
    Heated Front Seats
    Remote engine start
    INFINITI InTouchTM Services including 6 months of safety, security, and convenience services
    SiriusXM Traffic™ with 4-year complimentary trial access to real-time traffic information
    Voice recognition for navigation functions, including one-shot voice destination entry
    Heated steering wheel
    Navigation Synchronized Adaptive Shift Control
    INFINITI InTouchTM Navigation with Lane Guidance and 3D building graphics
  • Direct Adaptive Steering®
    Direct Adaptive Steering®
  • Maple Wood Accent Package
    Genuine Maple Wood
Old 12-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts
Quick update: so it looks like they really had this car for this price, but I decided not to proceed. One and main reason is, my RL is paid off, well solid considering I replaced the suspension and few more parts about a year ago, so I don't feel it would be smart of me to sign up for such payments next 5 years, just to get 2 seconds off the 0-60mph ... I get it the car is brand new, etc. but there will be more, so I am passing on this crazy low price for RS.

A 2017 INFINITI Q50 in Chicago IL dealer BERMAN INFINITI CHICAGO. Pure White Red Sport 400 AWD 4D Sedan.

You'll notice all packages are included on this one... only thing I noticed was that there is no rear trunk spoiler if these are indeed pictures of the same car:
  • Driver Assistance Package
    Backup Collision Intervention® (BCI)
    Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
    Around View® Monitor (AVM) w/ Moving Object Detection (MOD) and Front and Rear Sonar Systems
    Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW)
    Forward Emergency Braking (FEB)
  • Technology Package
    Headlights - Auto leveling Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    Intelligent Cruise Control w/ Full Speed Range (ICC)
    Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) w/ Active Lane Control
    Front Seat Driver/Passenger Pre-Crash Seatbelts
    Eco pedal
    Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
    Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
    Distance Control Assist (DCA)
    Headlights - High Beam Assist (HBA)
  • Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport
    Heated Front Seats
    Remote engine start
    INFINITI InTouchTM Services including 6 months of safety, security, and convenience services
    SiriusXM Traffic™ with 4-year complimentary trial access to real-time traffic information
    Voice recognition for navigation functions, including one-shot voice destination entry
    Heated steering wheel
    Navigation Synchronized Adaptive Shift Control
    INFINITI InTouchTM Navigation with Lane Guidance and 3D building graphics
  • Direct Adaptive Steering®
    Direct Adaptive Steering®
  • Maple Wood Accent Package
    Genuine Maple Wood
That’s a nice car, but I’ll keep my 05rl too. No payments, car owes me nothing, drives great.
rlx015 (01-01-2018)
Old 12-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
rl05, you've made the right choice. Continue to drive the RL until it isn't economical to do so.
rlx015 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Me can't afford BMW period, I am one of those cheap guy who keep the car forever. May be I am too broke for a BMW lol.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:35 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you look closely at the specs nothing beats my 06RL with Tech. package. Adaptive cruise Control is very good feature along with anti colission too.
The ONLY drawback is the total lack of soft upgrade for the Bluetooth syncing on iPhone. Shame on Acura & Honda.
I love my car and see nothing better in the market so far. I get Average 20.8mpg City/Hwy 60/40% over the last 70k miles.
I use Pulstar plugs, K&N filter and got 19x9.5" Niche wheels 240/40 Michelin MXM at 35F 38R psi pressure (to bring it to near neutral), as performance upgrade for my sports driving. Getting rid of the factory flat tires was the best for this car.
In mode sequential Manual I kick any BMW ass any day of the week on California mountain winding roads.
One thing: I wish I didn't have to reset the computer so often... it reprograms itself too quickly if I am in congested driving.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, after couple of days dealer lowered the price on the same car another 2Gs... "what can go wrong with it, its brand new right?" - someone would say... but there is actually a whole lot of issues with RS400 judging by the forums I was able to find.
Issues are being reported left and right on 2016-2017 and 2018 units as well... 90% are leasing it for about $500/mo, 3yr) and I am not sure if even a lease is a deal or anything close to it, if it will sit at dealer for fixes and other bs issues this car has...

I am staying in Acura realm for a very long time... don't have kids, but I am ready even to get RDX or MDX if there is no good sedan selections to make

in 2-3 years maybe 2018 RLX goes bit down in price ... until then, my good old 06 RL will do just fine.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by claudRL11
If you look closely at the specs nothing beats my 06RL with Tech. package. Adaptive cruise Control is very good feature along with anti colission too.
The ONLY drawback is the total lack of soft upgrade for the Bluetooth syncing on iPhone. Shame on Acura & Honda.
I love my car and see nothing better in the market so far. I get Average 20.8mpg City/Hwy 60/40% over the last 70k miles.
I use Pulstar plugs, K&N filter and got 19x9.5" Niche wheels 240/40 Michelin MXM at 35F 38R psi pressure (to bring it to near neutral), as performance upgrade for my sports driving. Getting rid of the factory flat tires was the best for this car.
In mode sequential Manual I kick any BMW ass any day of the week on California mountain winding roads.
One thing: I wish I didn't have to reset the computer so often... it reprograms itself too quickly if I am in congested driving.
Dude, you're a legend in your own mind; both posts you've made reek of you not having a clue what you're talking about.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Dude, you're a legend in your own mind; both posts you've made reek of you not having a clue what you're talking about.
Sounds like his comment was written in 2005 and not 2017/2018 hehehe....

Quick update: Redsport is now $39,900 with good but not all pkgs...
Quote one with all pkgs is now $41,570...

Incredible how desperate this dealer is to get rid of these 2017s RS400 ... crazy desperate...
Old 01-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Sounds like his comment was written in 2005 and not 2017/2018 hehehe....

Last edited by horseshoez; 01-02-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Test drive the a7. It's awesome on so many levels,but I vouch for reliability. Used 2012s in ,the low 30s. It really is the most impressive 4 door sedan I've ever driven. I'd look at the panamera too, used. I'm just worried about reliability on the German cars. I've had issues with BMWs in the past and my 911 is far from trouble free. But the new a5 sportback looks great too. I test drove the cayenne diesel and it was pretty nice but had a wee bit of turbo lag. I'm looking for awd, decent mpgs, reliability, luxury,and performance. Preferably SUV. It's hard to find.

I leased a 435i a couple years ago and when it was time to take it or the rl back, I kept the RL. Do yourself a favor and drive that A7 - it's incredible and if it's a prestige model even better. Big car feel, rocket acceleration.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I meant to say I cannot vouch for reliability.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My '05 RL only has 113k miles on it, but I've been thinking of getting something new. Any replacement would have to have AWD, along with all of the accident avoidance features. I traded a problematic 2003 Audi A4 for my RL, so I won't even consider Audi now. I like what I've read about the Genesis G80 Sport, but I need it to see it in person. The Genesis has the highest safety rating according to IIHS.org. Check out this you tube video.
. One of the things that I want to have on any car is an effective headlight system. It seems like too many manufacturers let the designers spec. the headlights based on what looks good on the vehicle rather then how well they illuminate the road ahead. Once again the G80 has the highest rating. I may start looking for real this summer.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts
I bought a 2015 TLX to commute to work. I commute 55 miles to and from work. Approximately 35k miles a year with travel. I like the TLX, but it's definitely not an RL. I test drove the new RLX Sport Hybrid Advance and absolutely love it! It's quick and really has a sporty ride. It really has a prestigious interior feel just like the RL, especially with the Seacoast interior. I will plan on trading my aging Audi Q7 in when the next Acura flagship comes out. Hopefully, the next RLX/replacement will catch the peoples eye once again. It's a joy to see an RL on the road.

Last edited by robscharp05; 01-23-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:41 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the subject of Lexus GS350 AWD come up?
Old 01-26-2018, 11:01 PM
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by holladts
Did the subject of Lexus GS350 AWD come up?
I'm more excited about the all new LEXUS LS
Old 01-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard that the GS may be discontinued due to low sales. The ES is supposed to be revamped later this year, possibly with AWD. I thought about the GS, but it is a little too small for me.