New '06 RL

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '06 RL

Hi,

I was at the Acura dealer today in search for an '06 RL. The salesman took me to the back lot where they had the color combo that I am interested in. As I looked inside the car, the plastic was still on the seats (some RL's were already removed). I saw a pink sheet of paper that was labeled "work order" but couldn't make out the wording. The 1st thing that came to mind was if this car shipped with problems and there is already a work order to have it resolved. None of the other RL's in the lot had that pink sheet inside. Should I be worried?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Instructor

It could have very simply been an W/O to have the car "prepped".
If you truly like the car, pop in on the salesman & ask to see the car again.
Don't be embarrassed, pick up the W/O & look it over. Just let him know you are curious to what it is, be honest with him.

Don't tell him your interest in seeing the paper before hand. (Don't want that paper to disappear)! Just go & see the car again, and tell him in your presence, (and the car in question) that paper has you curious.

Your concerns are justified. Worst case scenario it could be an order for a particular repair, unlikely but very possible. Is all the delivery wrap in place? Any sections where the wrap has been removed (exterior wrap).

If that paper was generated by the dealership, it is either a prep authorization or reciept of work done. (Could it be a W/O for a radio swap out, etc.)?
I would be very interested also if I were you, if you pursue it keep us posted!
Old 12-11-2005, 09:23 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a TSB which outlines the "quality control" procedure that each new incoming Acura needs to have before being sold. It's probably that -- the dealer's intake inspection.

Plus, they need to prep the car (something I wish my dealer had done better...) by unwrapping the seats, taking the packing gel/protectors off the exterior, installing some of the accessories (i.e. wheel medallions, floor mats, licence plate holders, etc.) which would be a work order for the detail department.

As well, depending on the VIN of the car, there might be some TSB's which need to be applied.

If you have a question, ask them. If the dealer won't show you a piece of paper regarding your car, don't do business with them. Simple as that.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts

These guys have pretty much covered it. I too would suspect that it's little more than a work order for the pre-delivery inspection.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks all for your replies. I was allowed to walk in the dealerships back lot by myself so I didn't get a chance to inquire about it. I will be going back this Tuesday so I'm sure the work order will still be inside. This vehicle's vin ended with 620. So maybe it is a TSB that needs to be applied. In any event, I will keep you all posted.

The price I've negotiated so far for the '06 RL (Celestial Silver / Ebony) was $47,000. The only thing they'll include (I will keep trying for more) are the mud guards. I will try working on them until I can get the wing spoiler. That they wouldn't do but said they'll drop it down to $599 (installed).

The rear backup camera was also an option I'd be interested but there was someone on this forum who posted that he was unhappy with the view. Not sure if the money is worth it. The other option would be backup sensors. Anyone have these and can shed some light?

Thanks again.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:12 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Is $47,000 not a little high? Does it have Tech package? Seems like the 05s were going for nearly $5000 less and unless you got the tech package, the 05 doesn't come with anything more?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I have the backup camera, its actually pretty good, I opted for the camera because I hate the beep beep and a camera will let you view and judge for yourself. It will show you more than a beep beep can.
THe camera cost me $500 installed from the dealer as part of the purchase.
I was able to get the 06 with the tech package and the camera and engine heater block for just under $50K, mats and winter mats were included.

The tech package is worth it if you do any HW driving at all. Even having the extra saftey of the CMBS for normal driving is worth it if it saves you one accident.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Cruisin'

$500 installed? That is a good price for the camera. They said the camera option would be $995 installed; the steering wheel $850 and I could only imagine what the Ipod integration kit (when it becomes available) will go for. I'm going tomorrow to Island Acura, L.I to see what prices will they be quoting me for these options.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I believe the wholesale cost of the camera is $360.
Plus an hour of labor is fair.
If they want to earn your purchase of the car, they have to deal on the accessories to get you to bite on the big sale.
Only an idiot dealer will pinch the carbuyer on accessories during the sale.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Cruisin'

Hi,

The pink work order turned out to be an order to prep the car for sale. The next day, I headed over to the dealer and the car was sold. Guess that explains that mystery.

So to continue my journey for an RL. I decided to drive up to DCH Montclair Acura in New Jersey. Since I live in Long Island, NY, I figured it might be worth it to shop with the sponsers of this website. Boy, am I glad I did. My experience there was amazing! I dealt with their Internet sales consultants who quoted me $44,275. They base sales on volume, so that was very welcoming to hear. No dealer has gone this low for an '06 as of yet. All the accessories I inquired about were also priced lower than the rest. I am currently waiting for the vehicle to arrive and will post pictures up as soon as I can. If anyone is in NY or NJ and are in the market for a new '06 RL, definitely stop by Montclair Acura
Old 01-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear the sponsor did such a great job.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dmtza
If anyone is in NY or NJ and are in the market for a new '06 RL, definitely stop by Montclair Acura
I'm in the process of moving to NJ for a new job, but I've already had my car shipped from California to NJ to have here.

With the day off, I drove over to DCH Montclair Acura to check them out. Nice folks, and good service. I waited a short time for my car to be checked out, and got a freebie carwash coupon at the place down the road to boot.