Need RL advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Need RL advice

Hi guys,
So now I'm considering adding a new car to the stable, and well the RL is 1st on my list, then the nsx. I talked to a friend that works in sales at the acura dealership and I have a few options on what to do:

1. Buy an leftover 08 RL (no CBMS) for 44,900 plus taxes, title and other fees.

2. Lease an 08 RL, a CBMS one may be able to be sources, for 500 dollars a month for 36 months, 15K a year mileage, 2499 due at signing

3. Lease an 09 RL, CBMS, for around500-600 dollars a month for 36 month. He couldn't give me all the details and said to come in to do the credit checks and stuff.

I don't mind the power plenum grille on the new RL and it's like the new TSX and MDX, horrid looking in pictures, but great in person. I'm going to head over soon to take a look at in person. I have driven an 05 RL before and found it to be bliss, like my MDX, but less noisy. For those wondering, I was thinking about buying the car after the lease period, but there is a possibility that I may not. Also quick question for those who have seen the new RL, does it have cooled seats or ventalitated seats?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csmeance
Hi guys,
So now I'm considering adding a new car to the stable, and well the RL is 1st on my list, then the nsx. I talked to a friend that works in sales at the acura dealership and I have a few options on what to do:

1. Buy an leftover 08 RL (no CBMS) for 44,900 plus taxes, title and other fees.

2. Lease an 08 RL, a CBMS one may be able to be sources, for 500 dollars a month for 36 months, 15K a year mileage, 2499 due at signing

3. Lease an 09 RL, CBMS, for around500-600 dollars a month for 36 month. He couldn't give me all the details and said to come in to do the credit checks and stuff.

I don't mind the power plenum grille on the new RL and it's like the new TSX and MDX, horrid looking in pictures, but great in person. I'm going to head over soon to take a look at in person. I have driven an 05 RL before and found it to be bliss, like my MDX, but less noisy. For those wondering, I was thinking about buying the car after the lease period, but there is a possibility that I may not. Also quick question for those who have seen the new RL, does it have cooled seats or ventalitated seats?

Thanks
None of those options make any sense.

1) You should be able to buy an 08 for about $41K, that's what my dealer offered me, unless they removed the $4000 cash to dealer incentive.

2) Never put down money on a lease, PERIOD!! The residuals for the 08 are even worse, 45%!! $500/month sounds delusional, even with money down.

3) There's no way they can lease you an 09 for 500-600 a month unless you put a truckload of money down on the lease. (refer back to point 2) Looking at the 09 Tech, even if they sell for invoice of 45655, with the residual of 52% and money factor of 0.00277 you get a monthly payment of ~$785/month.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a needed reality check. If they do lease you an 09 for under $600 a month with no money down, then please give me their number, I'll buy from them!!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by DoctorTuna
None of those options make any sense.

1) You should be able to buy an 08 for about $41K, that's what my dealer offered me, unless they removed the $4000 cash to dealer incentive.

2) Never put down money on a lease, PERIOD!! The residuals for the 08 are even worse, 45%!! $500/month sounds delusional, even with money down.

3) There's no way they can lease you an 09 for 500-600 a month unless you put a truckload of money down on the lease. (refer back to point 2) Looking at the 09 Tech, even if they sell for invoice of 45655, with the residual of 52% and money factor of 0.00277 you get a monthly payment of ~$785/month.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but a needed reality check. If they do lease you an 09 for under $600 a month with no money down, then please give me their number, I'll buy from them!!
I'm new to leasing, so pleas bear with me. Why should you not put money down on a lease? Also just to clarify, the 2499 includes 1 months payment.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csmeance
I'm new to leasing, so pleas bear with me. Why should you not put money down on a lease? Also just to clarify, the 2499 includes 1 months payment.

Think of it like signing a lease contract for an apartment. Would you ever prepay your rent for an apartment?? The other major problem is this, heaven forbid you ever total your leased vehicle, the gap insurance will only pay off the value of the vehicle for Honda, you lose your money down. Without sounding coy, putting money down to afford a monthly payment just isn't a good idea. Always stick to the no money down route, let the dealer lower the net capitalized cost as much as possible to lower your payment. Unfortunately, the dealer's hands are tied when it comes to the residual and money factor. They are set by AHFC and they ultimately will determine the monthly payment you can realistically acheive. Hope this helps.