Messages box grayed out

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:14 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Messages box grayed out

Starting yesterday, my Messages box has been grayed out, not allowing me to check messages. Anybody have this happen? Anybody know how to fix this? (I have been receiving Acura messages for several weeks.)

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Racer

Mine did this after I deleted the last remaining message, I think that it might simply mean that you don't have any messages. How many did you get? I believe that the initial number of "helpful" messages sent by Acura is 32.

If anyone knows diffferent, please post.

Pete
Old 01-25-2005, 09:44 PM
8-)

Originally Posted by petemc
Mine did this after I deleted the last remaining message, I think that it might simply mean that you don't have any messages. How many did you get? I believe that the initial number of "helpful" messages sent by Acura is 32.

If anyone knows diffferent, please post.

Pete
I might have been done with the Acura helpful messages, but I'm not sure. But I know I still had a few of those "fob not in car" messages that I hadn't gotten around to deleting. Funny enough, the messages box was grayed out right after I had set off about 5 (or 6, or 7?) more of those "fob not in car" messages. (Those are the messages that you can't delete normally, you have to use that cntl/alt/delete procedure.) Probably just a coincidence, but can't say for sure.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
8-)

Today I went to change the TRAFFIC range, and the scale wasn't there! Nav traffic was also gone. I'm sure it went out at the same time that my Message box got grayed out last week and I just didn't notice it since I don't pay much attention to the Nav during my daily commute.

Duh, what do I do? Well, when all else fails, pull fuse #5. I did it, and it worked. Nav traffic back and messages back too.

I had 6 diagnostic messages and about 6 friendly messages. They were all there. I had previously speculated that the Message box got grayed out as a result of too many "fob not in car" messages I set off one day. Yeah, it sounds like (and I'm sure is) a foolish guess. But now for foolish guess #2: Could the loss of Nav traffic (and Message function) be triggered by too many messages in the queue? Like a buffer overrun type of thing. Not enough memory. Tell me you had this problem without a bunch of messages so I can let go of this guess.

I sure hope I don't have to pull fuse #5 every month or so. That would be a major PITA.

Anyone that is about to try the fuse #5 pull for the first time, be aware that you'll need your 4 digit Nav code when the fuse goes back in.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:46 PM
5th Gear

im having the same problem...i wasnt getting any messages then took the car to the dealership and started getting messages..then 2 days later my messages option was grayed out...i have also never had nav traffic..really frustrating but i dont want to waste time taking it back to the dealership..i may try the fuse trick tomorrow..where is the nav code you were talking about?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:11 PM
8-)

Originally Posted by mwal32
im having the same problem...i wasnt getting any messages then took the car to the dealership and started getting messages..then 2 days later my messages option was grayed out...i have also never had nav traffic..really frustrating but i dont want to waste time taking it back to the dealership..i may try the fuse trick tomorrow..where is the nav code you were talking about?
It's part of the package the dealer gave you, it might be with the manual. Mine was in a small plastic package.

After I posted I found out that I also needed the radio code. That was packaged just like the nav code.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Cruisin'

If your "messages are grayed out" your remotes are probably "unlinked". Other symptoms include unable to access your PIN, personnel address book, calendar, home destinations, radio station presets or any Driver Position Memory System settings.

To check if the remote is linked or unlinked...
Lock the doors w/remote
Unlock the doors w/remote
Turn the ignition switch to the "on" position
If the remote is linked you'll see WELCOME DRIVER 1 or WELCOME DRIVER 2 on the Multi info Display.
If the remote is unlinked, you'll see WELCOME

To link your remotes... Push the LOCK AND UNLOCK buttons at the same time until the LED blinks. The remote blinks twice when LINKED and once when UNLINKED.