MDX vs FX35 vs Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 06:50 PM
True Aural Bliss=Gallardo

MDX vs FX35 vs Cayenne

Hi to all again,

As already mentionned last week, my mission was to convince my wife to get rid of her escalade and consider a 07 MDX. Let me say at first it was a lost cause since all her friends thought it was a 'cool truck'. Sunday morning, I took her for a test drive at my local Acura dealership. She drove the car and her impressions were that the Acura had a more upscale interior feeling than that of the cadillac's. I drove it myself and it's handling surprised me very much since I was expecting a somewhat heavy body roll in tight turns. Probably expecting too much from this car I ,sometimes ,had the impression that the engine was struggling to accelerate but became more punchy over 3,500 rpms. The exterior styling won me over right since the day I first saw it. With a 50 grand admission price for the fully loaded edition, it is worth it to taking a look at what the FX35 had to offer. The looks were very aggressive at first but I learned over the years to like it. The engine sounds like a dream just like a G35( I know it's an suv but damn!!). The newly introduced next generation cayenne offers similar pricing with about the same amount of hp.
Now my question is, does anyone here own a 07 AWD MDX with tech package and if so, can I receive some feedback please?
Or if you own or know somebody that owns any of these please say something.

I know she could look into the Range Rovers but it's just out of her pricing range and apparently it's not pretty!

I know it's not my car but since the RL guys are so nice, I didn't really bother.

P.S Is there any MDX community on this website?

I actually congratulate my self to have convinced her to get rid of that big piece of *hit the call the ESCALADE . I hope I don't offend any owners but to me it's just a Tahoe or Suburban with chrome and a Cadillac badge.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Old 03-05-2007 | 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Apologies, but this is a bit off topic.

This is more appropriate for Car Talk. Because we cannot move threads there due to the site's technical limitations, I ask you to restart the topic there.

Another option is http://www.acuramdx.org . The admins here decided not to do an MDX area because mdx.org is so good.