Lexus Performance Driving School..ISF

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:38 AM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus Performance Driving School..ISF

I got an invitation to a free 2 hour performance driving event. I drove 140 miles to get there. This was a lot of fun. We all went to driving school where they talked about what it takes to do a hairpin turn. We got 4 chances to drive an IS250/350 on the skid pad through the pylons on a short course...takes about 18 seconds. It was a blast. Then you go to high speed track and play follow the leader in the new IS-F v-8 415 HP. Wow...I was so impressed by the speed capable of these RWD cars through the turns. We only got to do two laps, but it was a real blast. The final event was a "hot lap" where you ride with a pro at full speed through the same course...very heavy braking while entering a turn. In our pre-ride class, they said if you were to buy the Brembo brake components for this car, they would be over 10k alone. My conclusion is that the IS-F is the complete package if you want a track ready car, yet is smooth and docile as any sporty road car. The seats are really comfortable and the gages are easily read.

As we left we got a Lexus "goodie" bag including a "taste of lexus" $750 rebate discount on any 08/09 Lexus purchased before 12/31/08.

The 140 miles ride home seemed a lot longer. I would also add that out of group I was with, I was by far the oldest at 53. The average age was under 30. I wonder how many of these "juniors" can put up 58k to buy one of these gems. By the way, when I got the invitation back in April, you had two options. The free 2 hour course, or a paid 4 hr course (250) where you get a lot more car time. If I had it to do again, I would do the paid course.

I know that Bob will want to move or squash this thread, but I think lots of you will think this is interesting as I would. (its ok to lock it, bob)
Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend and I drove from Cincinnati, OH to Joliet, IL to go to this event. It was a lot of fun IMO. We would have also done the 4 hour paid event if we had the chance. We got lucky and had only like 12 people in our group, so we were able to do the 18 sec autocross track about 8-9 times each. I was really impressed with the IS-F. The event was put together really well too.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Much as I hate to squash the thread (I would have loved to have gone to this sort of program!!! *jealous* ), I must.

This does belong in Car Talk--click and unfortunately, we can't move threads across.

PLEASE repost there, you'll have a VERY receptive and appreciative audience, me included, along with those less than thirtysomethings who make up a significant population of that forum.