Keyless Access and other electrical gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Access and other electrical gremlins

My RL's Keyless access has beem acting weird for few days and today it totally failed. Had to open car manually with the key...got inside to start and no dice, the steering is locked. Had to remove the cover and start with the key. Next thing the nav screen went blank. Went to gas station to fill gas and tank will not open from button. Had to manually open by pulling the lever in trunk. After filling gas the fuel gauge will not move and Range is a static number. I can open trunk with the button on door but the doors will not lock/unlock and the fuel tank button will not work. Tried both keyfobs and same results.

Any body experience this? is it a blown fuse?

I looked in manual and could not nail down a particular fuse for these things.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Certainly your assessment must be correct. All these separate systems could not have failed at the same time. I'd think it must simply be a fuse.

If it's not under warranty anymore, and you're still on a first name basis with your salesman over where you bought it, maybe a quick phone call can get you the info on which fuse must be checked.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Sounds like it must be something like that. Would be very interested to hear the outcome and the dealer explanation.

Separate subject. Has anyone ever used that Acura TLC number for a stranding? Although I have to say I have never been stranded by a Honda or Acura except in a 77 Accord that lost a wiring harness through corrosion. Other than that, the cars have never left me stranded.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Although not really a stranding, I used Acura TLC when the battery on my MDX died. I was at work, the MDX was in my garage, and my wife needed to get somewhere. I called TLC. The service rep (Barb) was wonderful. Friendly, helpful, professional.

It took about 40 or 45 minutes for help to arrive. Clearly subcontracted as the service guy showed up in a beat up car (unmarked...not an Acura!), didn't have a very good command of the English language, but did jump the MDX quickly (portable jump unit). My wife had a friend over and kept me on the phone the whole time though.

LL
Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Advanced

Update: Called dealers and earliest appt is 2 weeks away. Unhappy with the way Acura dealers treat. When I had problem with my BMW and they took my car right away and gave a loaner. Last month I drove without AC for 2 weeks in hot weather as dealer will not give early appt. Expected better service after paying so much for the car.

Page 176 of the manual shows the error I am getting and it says take to dealer. Very frustrating to manually lock and unlock all doors, no nav screen display, no voice commands, manually open gas tank every time filling gas, the boys at gas station think I am crazy opening the trunk(and getting out of car- illegal in my state to fill gas yourself) when they want me to open fuel tank.

Sorry for rant, but I feel like I am driving in 80s.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
That's an understandable rant. When I owned my TL, the windshield wiper motor died, making the car essentially undriveable (rainy season + no wipers=danger). My dealer immediately took my car and gave me a loaner. This behavior is clearly dealer-specific, unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro

I have had nothing but TOP level service from both Acura dealers I have used, one in Wis. and now in Florida.

I have some wonderful and amazing stories of service WAY above my best expectations.

For example, they have taken me in the same day with 10 minutes notice, and when I arrive, no waiting, immediate service.
It is the dealer you are having trouble with, not Acura, report them to Acura HQ.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
I have to agree with Bob on this one, it is your dealer, it isnt an Acura thing. My dealer stayed open late for me, just to make sure I could get in for an oil change and when I have a problem, then I am sure to get a loaner, if needed. Is there another Acura Dealer near where you live? If so, then maybe its time to change where you do business. AcuRL, what is the name of this place? maybe some other people on here can avoid having the hassles you had. Good luck !
Old 07-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuRL
Update: Called dealers and earliest appt is 2 weeks away. Unhappy with the way Acura dealers treat. When I had problem with my BMW and they took my car right away and gave a loaner. Last month I drove without AC for 2 weeks in hot weather as dealer will not give early appt. Expected better service after paying so much for the car.

Page 176 of the manual shows the error I am getting and it says take to dealer. Very frustrating to manually lock and unlock all doors, no nav screen display, no voice commands, manually open gas tank every time filling gas, the boys at gas station think I am crazy opening the trunk(and getting out of car- illegal in my state to fill gas yourself) when they want me to open fuel tank.

Sorry for rant, but I feel like I am driving in 80s.
I would have just gone in and got it fixed. There should be no reason to schedule an appt. with the service department. If you were to walk in and recive a nasty attitude, call acura client services as that is not the right thing that employees should be doing.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by plastikman
I have to agree with Bob on this one, it is your dealer, it isnt an Acura thing. My dealer stayed open late for me, just to make sure I could get in for an oil change and when I have a problem, then I am sure to get a loaner, if needed. Is there another Acura Dealer near where you live? If so, then maybe its time to change where you do business. AcuRL, what is the name of this place? maybe some other people on here can avoid having the hassles you had. Good luck !
Thanks. My dealer is Curry Acura.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
In the Westchester area?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
As neuronbob mentioned, its dealer specific. I moved up my driver side seat today to get some loose change the seat stopped working. A cable under the seat came loose. I can still drive the car since I was able to get the seat back to a decent position.

Just called one of the 2 dealers I use and they are taking the car tomorrow morning.

I also had some keyless entry problems (lock/unlock in rainy weather) but they mysteriously went away...go figure.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Remo

My passenger windows wasn't working for a month then it kind of fixed intself - go figure.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuRL
Thanks. My dealer is Curry Acura.
Oh wow, I have done business with them, but only over the internet and they were really easy to work with. Sorry to hear that they arent so in person.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Yea, based on that report, I think I will no longer consider them for internet sales, and stick to Tim at HondaAcuraWorld (Ray Laks Acura).

They are clearly not treating you with respect. I would call Acura in Torrance and complain. It may get you nothing, but it should put Curry on the radar screen for poor service.

Page 474 of the 07 OM. Might as well try it.

Acura dealership personnel are
trained professionals. They should
be able to answer all your questions.
If you encounter a problem that your
dealership does not solve to your
satisfaction, please discuss it with
the dealership’s management. The
service manager or general manager
can help. Almost all problems are
solved in this way.

If you are dissatisfied with the
decision made by the dealership’s
management, contact the Acura
Client Services Office.

US Owners:

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Acura Client Services
Mail Stop 500-2N-7E
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746
Tel: (800) 382-2238
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
I think you should call again and tell them (nicely )that these items are making the car undriveable or poorly driveable, and that you'd like a loaner until the issue can be fixed.

I've bought from Curry Acura via eBay as well and they were easy to deal with. I agree with the sentiment that I'm sorry they're not so in person.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Advanced

Update: They had the car for 4 days. Replaced driver door handle, few fuses and calibration. Covered under warranty. Don't have to manually open the doors now.