JD Power Email on Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
JD Power Email on Navigation System

I just filled out a review for our RL's Navigation system. I gave it glowing reviews.

My favorite feature of our navigation system is the On the Fly capability. Does any other manufacturer offer this? Isn't it great that we don't have to park the car to get our nav directions?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:27 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by acuralvr1

My favorite feature of our navigation system is the On the Fly capability.
Absolutely. Thank goodness Acura gives us credit for the ability to use the nav while driving.

Does any other manufacturer offer this? Isn't it great that we don't have to park the car to get our nav directions?
Apparently a few other mfr's also allow programming while moving. I think late-model M-B systems do, and people tell me BMW's also do. No other mfr's that I know of allow it, except of course via voice command, and that's limited.

I did a "drive event" a few weeks ago for JDP, aimed at the Acura nav system, and I also went out of my way to praise the fact it can be used while driving. Part of their testing, BTW, was to see how well people can use it and still drive safely. I think I passed.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by acuralvr1
I just filled out a review for our RL's Navigation system. I gave it glowing reviews.

My favorite feature of our navigation system is the On the Fly capability. Does any other manufacturer offer this? Isn't it great that we don't have to park the car to get our nav directions?
Gawd, I hope they keep allowing this because I regret not getting navi on my TSX. I want it next time around for sure.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Gawd, I hope they keep allowing this because I regret not getting navi on my TSX. I want it next time around for sure.
I leased a TL in '03 without navigation and then bought an MDX with navigation- I felt the same way. I couldn't wait for the end of the lease on my TL. Once you have the navigaton system you'll always want it.