Interior Bulbs under warranty? Dealer says no.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Interior Bulbs under warranty? Dealer says no.

Hello Guys,

I wanted to know if I have the (Acura Care) extended warranty would my interior bulbs be covered under that. Lets say in the Moon roof l light? Or door handle lights etc.? I had a bulb that was out in my sunshade light and was told that the extended warranty no longer covers that? If so would I be responsible for the time it takes the tech to change the bulb or just the costf the (Bulb). I thought the extended warranty would cover anything that's electrical. On another note I took the car in for a Cigarette lighter electrical outlet issue, it was not charging my phone...I was later told that it was some kind of debris inside blocking the outlet, it was cleared to a tune of $21.00. I was not expecting to be charged for this seeing that the initial problem was electrical and this would be under warranty? Please correct me on both issues if i am wrong?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I was told that my headlight was not covered under the original car warranty. Suspect no bulbs are covered under extended warranty
Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 185 Posts
Some companies do not cover bulbs under normal manufacturer 36,000/3yr warranties lol ... extended warranty - I doubt they do...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts
the only bulbs that are covered are the ones in the instrument panel.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my brother ran into this issue after buying a CPO TL. A few interior lights on the dash were out and when he took it in they said it would not be covered.A simple call to the GM and they replaced them...but this is bc he bought it 3 months before
Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 PM
SH-AWD

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Tea
I had a bulb that was out in my sunshade light and was told that the extended warranty no longer covers that? If so would I be responsible for the time it takes the tech to change the bulb or just the costf the (Bulb).
You'll be responsible for parts and labor. Just buy the bulb and replace it yourself, it's not too difficult.

Originally Posted by getakey
I was told that my headlight was not covered under the original car warranty.
Are you serious? I've done scores of these under the normal 4/50 warranty!!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by LeftCorner
You'll be responsible for parts and labor. Just buy the bulb and replace it yourself, it's not too difficult.

Are you serious? I've done scores of these under the normal 4/50 warranty!!
Yup - serious. It was flickering after 3 years. Dealer said he could not reproduce it. I told him it was a savety issue and to repro he would have to sit in front of it all day long. I told him it was an issue all over the RL forums and other dealers had replaced free. Turned into somewhat of a fight. I said that a 50K car should not have a headlight going out in 3 years - especially when he was quoting me $400 to replace it.
He finally said he would do it free, but if it was the ballast and not the light, I'd have to pay to replace that.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
They replaced my passenger side door lock switch under warranty when bulb was burned out.

But I suspect that is due to there being no bulb, got to replace entire switch.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
It depends

I sold my 06 to a friend, when the warranty was nearly up he contacted the local Acura shop about what was covered and the cost. He was mainly worried about the expensive electronics.
The local shop quoted more than he thought reasonable and they said they didn't have a list but assured him most things were covered. So he asked specifics and when all was said and done it was a very expensive power train (already covered) warranty.
He called around the country and spoke with a few shops and each was different. He finally settled on one that had the largest parts coverage and then told them their cost was more than another shop, so they said they would match it.
He got an 8 year 0 deductible and it covered most everything except standard wear items (oil, filters, tires). I believe it was Acura's and not a third party, but not certain.
Do you already have it or are you just checking? If you already have it, you should have received a long list of what is covered and have to presume anything NOT listed in NOT covered. If you haven't purchased one yet, call around and get prices and lists from 3 or 4 and then pick the one that has what you want (or as close as they can get it). Don't be afraid to ask to have items added to the list. The worst they can say is no. The extended warranty is negotiable just like the price of and accessories on the car.