Input a trip with multiple stops

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Input a trip with multiple stops

The navigation manual saids little about how to plan for a trip with multiple stops. My impression is that the best way is to put all the stops into Today's Destinations. The manual's description on Today's Destinations is not that detailed either. Anyone wants to share his/her experience planning a trip with multiple stops or explain ways to use Today's Destinations for this purpose? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

I haven't actually done it, but I was reading that section of the nav manual today. Yes, use Today's Destinations. The nav sorts the list in order of "best path," so you may have to use the option to "sort by entry." I think that's it.

Neat thing is that it saves the total trip (with the date) so you can recall it for future use without having to re-input everything.

Again, haven't actually done any of this, only read about it.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:40 PM
10th Gear

I use Today's Destinations all the time on my MDX...it's very handy and it's the only way to store a preferred route in the Alpine Nav System. I store all the intermediate points I want as destinations, then I start up today's destinations and I'm taken to each via point in sequence.

It takes a little getting used to editing Today's Destinations entries, but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.

Definitely a nice feature!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
As I remember how it works on my Alpine system, the thing I don't like is it will always try to re-index all the destinations you've entered by the distance. The system would "try" to guide you to closest destination, then the next, and the last one would be the furthest one. Luckily the system allows you to modify their sequency.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Racer

Thanks.

My specific questions:

1. Are the destinations you used today added automatically to the list? Or do you have to add each at the "Calculate route to:" screen?

2. Does "Sort by Entry" sort the first destination added to the list as the first stop and so on?

3. Does "Sort by Distance" the same as the "Best path"?

4. Can you do neither of the above, but sort by picking the destinations one at a time?
Old 02-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Racer

Can someone offer his/her way to add another destination by "Address" while you are on the way to an original destination? The "Menu" button doesn't offer a way to do this without cancelling the original destination.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:49 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraRLBlue
Can someone offer his/her way to add another destination by "Address" while you are on the way to an original destination? The "Menu" button doesn't offer a way to do this without cancelling the original destination.

You should be able to do this by hitting the "Menu" button 2 times when you are in route. Hitting the button the second time should bring you to the normal menu screen where you can enter an address, but the previous destinations will not be affected. You can then edit the "Today's destinations" to place the new address where you want it in the sequence. Hope this helps.

By the way, this is with my TSX. Figured would also work with the RL.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Racer

Gibson6594,

You should post this gem in the "Cool finds" thread so that others can understand how it's done ... I would have done it, but it's your find and you deserve the "glory"

Pete
Old 02-17-2005, 09:22 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by petemc
Gibson6594,

You should post this gem in the "Cool finds" thread so that others can understand how it's done ... I would have done it, but it's your find and you deserve the "glory"

Pete

Thanks, will do
Old 02-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
You should be able to do this by hitting the "Menu" button 2 times when you are in route. Hitting the button the second time should bring you to the normal menu screen where you can enter an address, but the previous destinations will not be affected. You can then edit the "Today's destinations" to place the new address where you want it in the sequence. Hope this helps.

By the way, this is with my TSX. Figured would also work with the RL.
Great. I confirmed that it also works for the RL. Thanks.