I have to rant!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to rant!

I have to rant!

I have had my RL for ten full months. Until yesterday, it was scratch-free, blemish-free.

I have avoided following directly behind large trucks from the day I left the dealer with my new RL. Yesterday, a garbage collection truck made a hard right turn from the cross street 100ft in front of me . I had no choice except to slow down. Before I could adquately allow an increase in distnace from the truck, it kicked-up a rock that struck my windshield.

I saw ithe rock propelling towards me and couldn't do a thing about it. It struck eye level directly in front of me. I know that things like this should not bother me . . . but, they do. Today when I drove from home, my eyes seemed to focus only on one thing in front of me, the nick in my windshield.

I will wait for more windshield rock damage (that I know will come) before replacing the windshield.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling, it sucks! This is my first car (since the TSX, FX35 and TL) that has gotten a chip in the windshield. Perhaps you should go to your insurance company and have them repair the chip so the chip doesn't turn into a bigger problem until you replace it. Most ins. companies will do this free - no deductible and no raise in premium. It is cheaper for them to fix a chip rather than replace a whole windshield
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about that. I hate when that happens. Especially when a truck carrying rocks or dirt does it. In my area the some of the truckers have no respect and don't clean the back area of the truck off and the dirt/rocks fly off for the first couple of miles when they leave the construction sites. I always call them in. That is dangerous to.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Intermediate

Had that with my TL. Now I have a very narrow, 1 inch long scrath at eye level inside my windshield. It appears black. Most likely a scratch from a corner or edge of a metal watch according to a glass repair sharp.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Advanced

Sorry to hear that. I totally hear you...

Picture this: a new GX470 with less than 100 miles on the odo driving on the Mass Turnpike when an @$$hole in a landscaping truck with rocks and all kinds of crap in the back speeds by. Not only did he get the windshield, but also he got the front bumper and the front of the hood. Thank God for the clear bra! I just had to clean dust. I must have counted at least 30 or 40 spots where rocks hit.

I'd definitely repair instead of replacing the windshield. The only thing is that in some areas, glass companies will not perform repairs if the damage is in the line of sight of the driver.